Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105386 times)

Darkwhip

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.6)
« Reply #1035 on: March 09, 2021, 06:59:58 AM »

Can you add terraforming queues? quite often i'm down exploring and either planet cracking or tectonic stabilization finishes and it just idles until i get there, and I can't order it remotely so a queue would be perfect, maybe three actions limit and only for modifications not changing the planet type.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 09, 2021, 08:23:37 AM »

Can you add terraforming queues? quite often i'm down exploring and either planet cracking or tectonic stabilization finishes and it just idles until i get there, and I can't order it remotely so a queue would be perfect, maybe three actions limit and only for modifications not changing the planet type.

Adding a queue is never going to happen with the current system due to the complexity and potential for bugs. I'm looking at adding an option to remotely control terraforming in the next patch which should hopefully satisfy players who don't want to have to travel to the planet in-person to manage it.

X_Empire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 13, 2021, 12:24:18 PM »

Hi, love the mod. I really like how you added a lot of options so people can customize there experience. I have a few Ideas to make the mod more I M M E R S I V E.   

1. The costs of building the Siphon and Mining stations seem good its just that they are built instantly, it is possible to add a bit of a delay so the station can thematically have time to build.

2. Only allow the construction of these stations if the system has a unique building, say a construction drone port and/or heavy industry (so it's compatible with nex/faction mods if you want to build in an already occupied system) If the system doesn't have these then the cost and time of construction is increased.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 12:33:38 PM by X_Empire »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 13, 2021, 01:35:14 PM »

Hi, love the mod. I really like how you added a lot of options so people can customize there experience. I have a few Ideas to make the mod more I M M E R S I V E.   

1. The costs of building the Siphon and Mining stations seem good its just that they are built instantly, it is possible to add a bit of a delay so the station can thematically have time to build.

2. Only allow the construction of these stations if the system has a unique building, say a construction drone port and/or heavy industry (so it's compatible with nex/faction mods if you want to build in an already occupied system) If the system doesn't have these then the cost and time of construction is increased.

I would add a delay/build time for stations, except I don't have sprites for stations that are under construction.

I don't want to require a certain industry to be in-system in order to build stations because this would preclude building them in empty systems with no planets. I think it would also increase complexity without adding anything interesting to the gameplay.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 13, 2021, 02:42:43 PM »

I don't have sprites for stations that are under construction.
Do you really need them? I mean, the defensive orbital stations that are being built/repaired look the same as the ones that are functional.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 13, 2021, 03:59:03 PM »

I don't have sprites for stations that are under construction.
Do you really need them? I mean, the defensive orbital stations that are being built/repaired look the same as the ones that are functional.

True enough, but I think the asteroid stations are a bit different because players will be loitering around them waiting for construction to finish. I think players will feel disappointed if the big moment of construction finishing has no visual indicator or change whatsoever.

Also, size 3 stations only have 1000 inhabitants right? How long could it conceivably take with the level of technology present in Starsector to build a station that small? Even with current (or near future) technology, inflatable space habitats could be deployed in a few days at most.

Maybe I will add a non-default option with a configurable delay for station construction. I think without a sprite change it probably shouldn't be added as a default feature.

zavkof

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 15, 2021, 12:37:55 AM »

Hi Boggled, is this mod compatible with Adjusted Sector? I've set up astral gates in Duzakh and Damar's Star but only the Duzakh gate is recognized. The game in Damar's Star doesn't even show up in the intel menu. Thanks again for all your hard work on this incredible mod.

603bill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 15, 2021, 08:06:54 AM »

If you've built an astral gate for another faction, you need to be friendly (about 75 positive rep.) with them in order to use it.

blueberry

• Ensign
  • Imagine not using the biggest ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 17, 2021, 05:51:17 AM »

hello, is this mod compatible with tyrador safeguard coalition, i am asking this because it does change the penelope's star system, thus i imagine it is incompatible, thanks and have a great day in advance!
i need more carriers.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 17, 2021, 06:09:45 AM »

hello, is this mod compatible with tyrador safeguard coalition, i am asking this because it does change the penelope's star system, thus i imagine it is incompatible, thanks and have a great day in advance!

I haven't tested the interaction between these two mods, but the quest involving that system has safeguards to prevent bugs in the event the system is altered by other mods.

If you end up playing with both mods enabled, please let me know if you encounter any bugs so I can fix them. Thank you!

gacsean

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 19, 2021, 02:40:16 PM »

I wanted to use this mod with Archean Order but when I select it in the mod list it unselects the Terraforming mod. Is that controlled by the mod creators or is it like automatically found through the game somehow? And do I just have to wait until mods update to be able to use them together?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 19, 2021, 02:56:42 PM »

I wanted to use this mod with Archean Order but when I select it in the mod list it unselects the Terraforming mod. Is that controlled by the mod creators or is it like automatically found through the game somehow? And do I just have to wait until mods update to be able to use them together?

I wasn't aware this was occurring and I didn't implement it. That being said, Archean Order is partially incompatible with this mod, and even though there aren't game breaking bugs (to my knowledge), it's probably best not to enable both of them at the same time even if you find a way around the restriction.

gacsean

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 19, 2021, 03:11:58 PM »

Thanks for the info! Do you know of a way I can overcome it?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 19, 2021, 04:10:10 PM »

Thanks for the info! Do you know of a way I can overcome it?

I'm not sure how to do it. Trying asking in the Archean Order mod thread, or maybe make a general post about it. If you figure out what's causing it, please let me know!

zavkof

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 19, 2021, 06:15:21 PM »

If you've built an astral gate for another faction, you need to be friendly (about 75 positive rep.) with them in order to use it.

Both systems are owned by my player faction.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 223