Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105266 times)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.2)
« Reply #825 on: August 19, 2020, 08:36:12 AM »

I would bet that almost all players using my mod also have Nex enabled. Even if Agreus becomes decivilized, it will provide artifacts for enough time that the player will become aware how artifacts work as a commodity.

I think it would probably be out of scope for this mod to add a star fortress, fleet command, etc. to Agreus to make sure it doesn't get decivilized.

Fair point.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 19, 2020, 10:58:09 PM »

And for the Agreus - it is literally first planet to deciv in any playthrough. And if it became so important now - is there any way make it little less fragile?

If you want a more immediate solution to Agreus, you could travel there and use console commands to give them commerce, patrol hq and ground defenses. that's 3 stability which may keep the planet living for significantly longer.

IradT

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 20, 2020, 01:37:21 PM »

is there a way to enable arcology projects for non-arcology world's? I'm using the other terraforminh mod, but think the industries from this mod are very cool.

thanks!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 20, 2020, 02:06:30 PM »

is there a way to enable arcology projects for non-arcology world's? I'm using the other terraforminh mod, but think the industries from this mod are very cool.

thanks!

I was in the middle of releasing an update, but thanks to this suggestion it's now going to be delayed so I can add this setting. Thank you!

IradT

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 20, 2020, 02:30:06 PM »

thanks!

I was in the middle of releasing an update, but thanks to this suggestion it's now going to be delayed so I can add this setting. Thank you!
no problem, I'm just glad you've made these cool features - on anothert note, anyone else had problems to export lobster from colonies? won't show up, even when debug editing the colony.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.3)
« Reply #830 on: August 20, 2020, 02:33:12 PM »

thanks!

no problem, I'm just glad you've made these cool features - on anothert note, anyone else had problems to export lobster from colonies? won't show up, even when debug editing the colony.

The lobster situation is working as intended and mimics the vanilla behavior of Volturn. Maybe Alex will adjust it in the next update to match players' expectations.

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 21, 2020, 04:45:21 AM »

Suggestions:
  • Convert/ replace an inactive Gate into an Astral Gate for half the cost (except crew).
    Was rather disappointed when I build a Gate in Mayasura, and it appeared at the far edge of the system, far far away. There is an inactive Gate in the system too, much nearer and doing nothing but reminding the player that we are living in the Galactic Version of the Dark Ages.
  • Add a Built Time for the Astral Gate Structure.
    Having it instantly added seems unrealistic for such a big project.
  • If you build an Astropolis on a Colony which you bought Governorship, the Astropolis will be considered as a Governorship too, it will not count as your own colony
    Intended or a problem/ unintended side effect with Nex?
Everything adjustable in configs if possible

A little problem I had: I manually changed max Officer LvL to 29. Captain Odysseus, who had all the skills but "only" LvL 20, couldn't LvL up, and the LvL Up screen was blank (I could ignore it if I wanted).
Manually set his LvL to 29 and Exp to around 735000 iirc, probably wasn't needed with his LvL set to max.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 21, 2020, 07:28:32 AM »

Convert/ replace an inactive Gate into an Astral Gate for half the cost (except crew).
    Was rather disappointed when I build a Gate in Mayasura, and it appeared at the far edge of the system, far far away. There is an inactive Gate in the system too, much nearer and doing nothing but reminding the player that we are living in the Galactic Version of the Dark Ages.[/li][/list]

This is how the mod originally worked, but deleting existing content from the game caused compatibility problems with other mods so I changed it. The Astral gate can be built anywhere a stable location could be generated. If you try to build it right next to a star or near a large planet, it will likely be unable to find a nearby suitable location.

Add a Built Time for the Astral Gate Structure.
    Having it instantly added seems unrealistic for such a big project.[/li][/list]

I don't think this is as trivial as it sounds, and it would likely cause bugs with the AI depending on the implementation. Plus, I don't have any good art assets for a gate or a station under construction.

If you build an Astropolis on a Colony which you bought Governorship, the Astropolis will be considered as a Governorship too, it will not count as your own colony
    Intended or a problem/ unintended side effect with Nex?[/li][/list]

I hadn't considered this interaction previously. Probably the best solution is to block construction of astropoli on planets under governorship. That way it won't be an easy means of "backdooring" getting a player colony, and it won't encourage creating an awkward situation where the planet is controlled by a different faction than the orbiting astropoli.

A little problem I had: I manually changed max Officer LvL to 29. Captain Odysseus, who had all the skills but "only" LvL 20, couldn't LvL up, and the LvL Up screen was blank (I could ignore it if I wanted).
    Manually set his LvL to 29 and Exp to around 735000 iirc, probably wasn't needed with his LvL set to max.

That's another interaction I wasn't previously aware of. This one seems to work fine though as there's no game breaking bugs or other problems introduced by it. I'll see if I can make Odysseus start at a higher level than 20 by default so he won't be able to level up even if the player increases the level cap.

Xobra

• Lieutenant
      • View Profile
    « Reply #833 on: August 21, 2020, 07:50:55 AM »

I hadn't considered this interaction previously. Probably the best solution is to block construction of astropoli on planets under governorship. That way it won't be an easy means of "backdooring" getting a player colony, and it won't encourage creating an awkward situation where the planet is controlled by a different faction than the orbiting astropoli.
    Hopefully this could be configurable; I used console Commands to give the Colonies to my Faction.

Also regarding Astropoli: The Abandoned Astropolis around Mairaath isn't counted towards the 3 per Planet cap; I have 3 Astropolis + the restored one Orbiting Mairaath in one of my saves now

boggled

• Admiral
      • View Profile
    « Reply #834 on: August 21, 2020, 07:59:23 AM »

Hopefully this could be configurable; I used console Commands to give the Colonies to my Faction.

Also regarding Astropoli: The Abandoned Astropolis around Mairaath isn't counted towards the 3 per Planet cap; I have 3 Astropolis + the restored one Orbiting Mairaath in one of my saves now

By default I'll make astropoli unbuildable around governor-administered planets, with a setting to enable them to built there under exclusive player control.

The Mairaath astropolis should be counted towards the cap. I'll look into fixing this. Thanks for letting me know!

e

• Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #835 on: August 22, 2020, 06:17:24 AM »

Thanks for the update Boggled! Really appreciate!

That said, i have a small observation to make:
    I think Continental terraforming projects are not working as intended. I tried transforming a planet into a Continental type, the points are counted as intended and everything seems to work as normal, but when it's done, nothing happens and no terraforming actually occurs.

All the other new terraform types work as intended. Also made sure to check if i have the most up-to-date version of Unknown Skies.

I've been doing this in an existing save, haven't checked in a new save yet.
    « Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 06:21:20 AM by DarkOmegaMK2 »

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
      • View Profile
    « Reply #836 on: August 22, 2020, 06:34:42 AM »

Upgrading a makeshift structure will improve your relations by 5 with the owner.

Can it be abused to grind pirate rep? I mean, pirate bases spawn makeshift objects, and the pirate activity and raids often capture those structures to be temperately pirate-owned. +5 for each means just 40 of them to change -100 to +100. Still harder than spaceport disruption abuse.

boggled

• Admiral
      • View Profile
    « Reply #837 on: August 22, 2020, 09:08:03 AM »

Thanks for the update Boggled! Really appreciate!

That said, i have a small observation to make:
    I think Continental terraforming projects are not working as intended. I tried transforming a planet into a Continental type, the points are counted as intended and everything seems to work as normal, but when it's done, nothing happens and no terraforming actually occurs.

All the other new terraform types work as intended. Also made sure to check if i have the most up-to-date version of Unknown Skies.

I've been doing this in an existing save, haven't checked in a new save yet.

Woops, sorry about this bug. It was an easy fix and I'll push it in the next update. Thanks for letting me know!

Upgrading a makeshift structure will improve your relations by 5 with the owner.

Can it be abused to grind pirate rep? I mean, pirate bases spawn makeshift objects, and the pirate activity and raids often capture those structures to be temperately pirate-owned. +5 for each means just 40 of them to change -100 to +100. Still harder than spaceport disruption abuse.

Yes, this can be used to grind pirate reputation if you have enough resources to upgrade that many structures. In the next patch I'll remove the reputation bonus for pirates and luddic path. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
      • View Profile
    « Reply #838 on: August 22, 2020, 09:19:30 AM »

I suggest to create some kind of "list of factions, who will not give rep bonus of that", not just pirates and LP, so players (and modders) can manually add other factions to that list, as it is looks like many modded factions should act in a same way as pirates and LP.

Xobra

• Lieutenant
      • View Profile
    « Reply #839 on: August 22, 2020, 11:49:33 AM »

Sometimes I am a little perfectionist; all my Colonies are Terran/ Arcology with a 50% Hazard Rating except Stations/ Astropoli.

Suggestion: Add a Station-only expensive Structure to reduce Hazard Rating by 20%, upgradeable for a 40% reduction + another 10% with an Alpha Core

750.000 Initial Cost, 2.000.000 Upgrade Cost, 40.000 monthly (which effectively will be less because of less Hazard)
    Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 223