Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105253 times)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.1)
« Reply #810 on: August 12, 2020, 11:17:49 AM »

I think that on player-controlled planets, there is no market for you to buy from, whereas on your second planet the independent market is stocking lobsters, which makes them appear under "best places to buy". This should be easy to confirm: deconstruct the commerce industry on the second planet and built it on the first. The "best places to buy" should update accordingly.
It's this.
Why this this not even occur to me? It even makes perfect sense now it's been pointed out.
Everything's perfectly all right now. It's fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?

(Thank you for your patience.)

Datboio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.2)
« Reply #811 on: August 17, 2020, 02:20:36 PM »

Hello Boggled I am in desperate need of help. I’m a beginner and need help enabling the terraforming function, how do I add the abilities?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 17, 2020, 02:29:48 PM »

Hello Boggled I am in desperate need of help. I’m a beginner and need help enabling the terraforming function, how do I add the abilities?

See below. Hopefully that clarifies how to do it.

Not sure if it will be useful, but I did it.

P.S. I am really bad at gif optimizing...

Spoiler
[close]

Smaller version
[close]

Datboio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 17, 2020, 02:44:42 PM »

Thank you boggled! You are a true lifesaver!

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 17, 2020, 09:08:53 PM »

Maybe put this video in the OP-post? Im sure this is not the first question of this type and not the last one.

Neutrino Man

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 18, 2020, 02:52:37 AM »

Is it possible to include research stations this mod for researching blueprints and other things?

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 18, 2020, 04:11:39 AM »

It just came to me that the station-exclusive system-wide accessibility bonus structure I suggested is basically an extreme version of the Waystation.
I never saw any mod add new structures as upgrades to vanilla ones, but if it's doable, maybe that's a good way to implement it?

Also, I find that most of the worlds fit for mining already have Tectonic Activity on them, making Planet Cracking somewhat situational.
Why not give it another level and allow it to be used on planets with Tectonic Activity? Let it give the same bonus to resources, but make the Tectonic Activity extreme.

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 18, 2020, 07:40:51 AM »

Suggestion: Add option to upgrade Makeshift Comms etc. instead of having to dismantle and build the new Domain one

>Me wanting to replace the Makeshift Object with the better one in an ally/commissioned/shared system
>Getting hit with -5 Rep every time, or not being able to do it, because a fleet is patrolling the relay

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 18, 2020, 09:19:24 AM »

Can the archipelego class be added to the terraform option?

No, I don't think this is a good idea. Having too many terraforming options clutters the UI, and it would create confusion about whether the archipelago is considered a water world or a terran world. As Uhlang and Chikanuk indicated, there would be issues regarding seeding volturnian lobsters on it as well. Overall, I think it would create more complexity and confusion, and if the player doesn't use US they won't even see it.

As per usual, I'll change my mind about this if there's enough popular demand.

I wanna retake this subject and add my thoughts on this matter:

1.- Forgive me but i don't understand the "cluttering UI issue" considering the terraforming menu, more so the planet transformation submenu is visited very infrequently, pretty much you do it once for each condition you want to apply and you're done.

2.- If you wanna appeal to the people who does not use US, you could make it an option that has to be enabled in the config file first, something like:
"This option enables terraforming options related to Unknown Skies, set it to TRUE if you use that mod. Default = False" Obviously i don't know about modding, so i don't know if it's possible to gate it like that, I'm just assuming it is possible because of a lot of the content is gated via the config menu.

I would like to see more planet types from Unknown Skies added to the terraforming options, to name a few: Archipelago, Continental, Auric.

Changing the subject a bit, for vanilla, could it be possible to add "Terran Eccentric" to the list?

Sorry for bringing an old issue back, but i think this is important and it would appeal to a lot of people who use Unknown Skies.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 09:23:50 AM by DarkOmegaMK2 »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 18, 2020, 11:00:00 AM »

Maybe put this video in the OP-post? Im sure this is not the first question of this type and not the last one.

I think the video would need to have text overlain on it to clarify what the purpose of the video is and what it's showing. If I just include it without comment players won't get the point of it.

Is it possible to include research stations this mod for researching blueprints and other things?

I think Industrial Evolution already does (or will soon) include this feature. I don't want to duplicate it.

It just came to me that the station-exclusive system-wide accessibility bonus structure I suggested is basically an extreme version of the Waystation.
I never saw any mod add new structures as upgrades to vanilla ones, but if it's doable, maybe that's a good way to implement it?

Also, I find that most of the worlds fit for mining already have Tectonic Activity on them, making Planet Cracking somewhat situational.
Why not give it another level and allow it to be used on planets with Tectonic Activity? Let it give the same bonus to resources, but make the Tectonic Activity extreme.

I can't create an upgrade for a vanilla industry without creating compatibility issues.

If the planet has tectonic activity, isn't it already cracked? If you want to use planet cracking repeatedly, you can enable the tectonic stabilization terraforming project in the settings file.

Suggestion: Add option to upgrade Makeshift Comms etc. instead of having to dismantle and build the new Domain one

>Me wanting to replace the Makeshift Object with the better one in an ally/commissioned/shared system
>Getting hit with -5 Rep every time, or not being able to do it, because a fleet is patrolling the relay

This is a good point. I'll look into addressing this in my next patch. Thanks for the suggestion!

Can the archipelego class be added to the terraform option?

No, I don't think this is a good idea. Having too many terraforming options clutters the UI, and it would create confusion about whether the archipelago is considered a water world or a terran world. As Uhlang and Chikanuk indicated, there would be issues regarding seeding volturnian lobsters on it as well. Overall, I think it would create more complexity and confusion, and if the player doesn't use US they won't even see it.

As per usual, I'll change my mind about this if there's enough popular demand.

I wanna retake this subject and add my thoughts on this matter:

1.- Forgive me but i don't understand the "cluttering UI issue" considering the terraforming menu, more so the planet transformation submenu is visited very infrequently, pretty much you do it once for each condition you want to apply and you're done.

2.- If you wanna appeal to the people who does not use US, you could make it an option that has to be enabled in the config file first, something like:
"This option enables terraforming options related to Unknown Skies, set it to TRUE if you use that mod. Default = False" Obviously i don't know about modding, so i don't know if it's possible to gate it like that, I'm just assuming it is possible because of a lot of the content is gated via the config menu.

I would like to see more planet types from Unknown Skies added to the terraforming options, to name a few: Archipelago, Continental, Auric.

Changing the subject a bit, for vanilla, could it be possible to add "Terran Eccentric" to the list?

Sorry for bringing an old issue back, but i think this is important and it would appeal to a lot of people who use Unknown Skies.

I suppose I can add some other planet types in the next patch and just make them non-default settings to satisfy those who really want them.

I can detect if the player has US enabled and automatically enable the US-specific planet types in that case.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 18, 2020, 11:27:53 AM »

I suppose I can add some other planet types in the next patch and just make them non-default settings to satisfy those who really want them.

I can detect if the player has US enabled and automatically enable the US-specific planet types in that case.

Alrighty, thanks for considering it! :)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 18, 2020, 12:18:55 PM »

I think the video would need to have text overlain on it to clarify what the purpose of the video is and what it's showing. If I just include it without comment players won't get the point of it.

Did I mention, I hate GIF editing?
Spoiler
[close]

And for the Agreus - it is literally first planet to deciv in any playthrough. And if it became so important now - is there any way make it little less fragile?

P.S. Special thanks for nexuses!
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 18, 2020, 12:47:28 PM »

Did I mention, I hate GIF editing?
Spoiler
[close]

And for the Agreus - it is literally first planet to deciv in any playthrough. And if it became so important now - is there any way make it little less fragile?

P.S. Special thanks for nexuses!

Added your gif to the main post. Thank you!

I've never seen Agreus decivilize in my campaigns. In my experience, independent markets generally don't decivilize because major factions never raid them (except pirates). Are you running modded factions that are hostile to independents?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 19, 2020, 07:58:24 AM »

Are you running modded factions that are hostile to independents?

Nope. Not a single faction mod. Also, no Nex, so no one except player will not kill pirate bases, so they growth in strength fast. Single strong pirate raid is enough to make low stability. Two raids from two pirate bases in a short duration - certain deciv.

I suppose, the more faction mods (and habitable systems) are present in game - the less chances system would be raided by pirates twice in a short period of time. In solid vanilla case - Argeus and Asharu are first to deciv. Can confirm that by multiple playtroughs.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 19, 2020, 08:13:57 AM »

Are you running modded factions that are hostile to independents?

Nope. Not a single faction mod. Also, no Nex, so no one except player will not kill pirate bases, so they growth in strength fast. Single strong pirate raid is enough to make low stability. Two raids from two pirate bases in a short duration - certain deciv.

I suppose, the more faction mods (and habitable systems) are present in game - the less chances system would be raided by pirates twice in a short period of time. In solid vanilla case - Argeus and Asharu are first to deciv. Can confirm that by multiple playtroughs.

I would bet that almost all players using my mod also have Nex enabled. Even if Agreus becomes decivilized, it will provide artifacts for enough time that the player will become aware how artifacts work as a commodity.

I think it would probably be out of scope for this mod to add a star fortress, fleet command, etc. to Agreus to make sure it doesn't get decivilized.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 223