Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1102617 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.3.2)
« Reply #2655 on: May 31, 2023, 06:22:21 PM »

Is there a way I can change the sprites so the stations look bigger? I don't like how small the mining stations look

The mining station sprite gets larger as the market size grows. If you want to change it immediately, you can modify the images in the TASC folder.

- The non-default building Planetary Agrav Field can now be constructed on gas giants even if Domed Cities is not built on that colony.

Hey, I'm a first time user of this mod, on the latest version, with a possible bug report. I built the Planetary Agrav Field on a gas giant without Domed Cities (can't even build Domed Cities on it) but my accessibility and hazard rating tooltips still show the high gravity maluses. Is there a bug where Agrav can be built, but doesn't actually work? Or does the mod just not affect the UI the way I'm expecting, and it really is working under the hood? The structure has been built for a few months now so I figure it's not a timing thing.
Also not working for me.

I looked into this and there is a bug with Agrav Generator that prevents it from working on gas giants. I think I'll have some time tomorrow to do a hotfix. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting the bug to me!

I might have goofed something up, but when I go into terraforming options for a given planet, why does it say $market instead of the planet's name?

This is a purely visual bug introduced due to some vanilla changes in 0.96a. I decided not to bother fixing it since I'm working on a GUI-based terraforming menu for the next patch, but maybe I'll look into it for the hotfix tomorrow since players might be worried there's a code logic issue that could mess up their save.

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: June 01, 2023, 10:31:22 AM »

Hopefully you'll catch this before you upload that hotfix, assuming you get around to it today.

The Volantian Reclamation Initiative mod adds the "terran_adapted" planet type. It's used only once for a specific planet as far as I know, and it's a fairly ideal planet all things considered, but you may still be interested in adding support for that for the sake of being thorough. Plus that would allow the radiation removal terraforming project to be used on it (magnetoshield works but both options are there for a reason right?).

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: June 01, 2023, 11:24:03 AM »

Hopefully you'll catch this before you upload that hotfix, assuming you get around to it today.

The Volantian Reclamation Initiative mod adds the "terran_adapted" planet type. It's used only once for a specific planet as far as I know, and it's a fairly ideal planet all things considered, but you may still be interested in adding support for that for the sake of being thorough. Plus that would allow the radiation removal terraforming project to be used on it (magnetoshield works but both options are there for a reason right?).

Hey, I can add support for that planet. What type should it be categorized as in your opinion? Does it appear Terran or is it barren?

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: June 01, 2023, 01:01:04 PM »

If it's the world I am thinking of, Terran. It even has mild climate, though it is hot and irradiated.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: June 01, 2023, 01:14:56 PM »

If it's the world I am thinking of, Terran. It even has mild climate, though it is hot and irradiated.

OK, I'll categorize it as a Terran world. Thanks!

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: June 01, 2023, 02:08:29 PM »

OK, I'll categorize it as a Terran world. Thanks!
I would check the mod itself, though! My memory is not the best, and a "goto" command is fast to use.

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: June 01, 2023, 04:36:56 PM »

Hey, I can add support for that planet. What type should it be categorized as in your opinion? Does it appear Terran or is it barren?

It appears as a Terran planet with mild climate and other decent resource deposits, but it has irradiated, hot, and pollution as well.

Seamus Donohue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.3.3)
« Reply #2662 on: June 02, 2023, 09:17:13 AM »

Okay, why does the Cryosanctum produce Harvested Organs?  Is the colony owner just tricking people into going to sleep and then murdering them for their livers?   :P
Polyvessel Pilot, Capsule Cleared

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: June 02, 2023, 09:28:13 AM »

Okay, why does the Cryosanctum produce Harvested Organs?  Is the colony owner just tricking people into going to sleep and then murdering them for their livers?   :P

It's a vanilla building - ask Alex!

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: June 02, 2023, 11:41:51 AM »

No no no, of course not! It's just...these things happen, you know? There's a ton of cryo pods, and even individually they can be a pain to run safely! Now keep in mind we're running hundreds or thousands of them. Even if we could be expected to maintain every one of them perfectly, malfunctions will happen every now and then! That's why cryosleep is as expensive as it is! And, in the event something does go wrong...would it not be wasteful to just trash perfectly functional organs? Others can still use them, no? How can we acquire so many of them? Well, as I said, we're running a lot of pods...plus, cryo-frozen bodies would naturally be near-perfectly preserved, so a surprising amount of one body could be reused!

*cough*
Ah, my bad, got a little too evil there for a second.

Spacegoat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: June 02, 2023, 07:11:11 PM »

Bug Report:

- Astropolis issue on Nex-governed planets
- Version is 8.3.3
- Client is 0.96a-RC10

Details: I'm unable to build astropolis stations over Nex-governed planets as of 0.96. It looks like the settings.json setting isn't applying, possibly broken with the API changes? The game says unable to build on planets of another faction.

"boggledCanBuildAstropolisOnPurchasedGovernorshipPlanets":true,

Found the cause! I didn't understand LunaLib. Lunalib has virtual, in-game config to mods it recognizes (like this one). Those virtual configs are separate from and do not draw from the mod's native setting.json file at all, and won't recognize retroactive changes made to it at any point. It has its own in its own default copy of configs in a LunaLib folder.

Thus any setting.json edit made in the Terraforming and Station Construction config folder is ignored once LunaLib is enabled. This was me being used to years of manual notepad edits and thinking that it all carries over into this new interface tool.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 11:06:16 PM by Spacegoat »

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: June 03, 2023, 03:56:39 AM »

Seems like the terraforming options still don't display the colony name properly for any of the resource deposit improvement options or the last two atmospheric improvement options. Not a pressing issue since you already mentioned it's purely visual and you're working on a GUI for it anyway, just thought it was weird and kinda funny.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: June 03, 2023, 11:41:16 AM »

Seems like the terraforming options still don't display the colony name properly for any of the resource deposit improvement options or the last two atmospheric improvement options. Not a pressing issue since you already mentioned it's purely visual and you're working on a GUI for it anyway, just thought it was weird and kinda funny.

Heh, I'll do another patch for it. Thanks for letting me know!

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: June 03, 2023, 11:54:44 AM »

In different news, how is the new terraforming interface going?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.3.4)
« Reply #2669 on: June 03, 2023, 12:18:48 PM »

In different news, how is the new terraforming interface going?

I'm working on it now! Please be patient!
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 223