Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: [0.95a] Second Wave Options (0.6.5) - Options for Adjusting Campaign Difficulty  (Read 155368 times)

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

Thanks a lot!  :D

I actually haven't tried seeing how it functions in 0.95a yet, since I'm much more inclined to do a major rewrite with the stuff I've picked up since starting the mod, but as you say I don't think there's anything in there that should have broken. If you do give it a shot (simply change the version in mod_info.json), let me know if it works or if any problems pop up and I'll prioritize fixing 'em up.

Glad you find the guide helpful, too! Once I feel like I've got a reasonable amount of experience with the new update, I'll be working on updating it. Almost certainly before this mod, heh. Do feel free to ask questions regarding loadouts in the thread (or the Discord--my contact infos somewhere) if you have any.

Edit: actually one thing that comes to mind is the reduced salvage setting, which was based on the player's level, so if you want to use it you'll want to adjust these lines:
Code
	"HMbaseMultFrigate":1.0,		#Float. Default 1.0. Vanilla 1.
"HMbaseMultDestroyer":0.6, #Float. Default 0.6. Vanilla 1.
"HMbaseMultCruiser":0.3, #Float. Default 0.3. Vanilla 1.
"HMbaseMultCapital":0.1, #Float. Default 0.1. Vanilla 1.

"HMincrPerLevelFrigate":0.025, #Float. Default 0.025.
"HMincrPerLevelDestroyer":0.025, #Float. Default 0.025.
"HMincrPerLevelCruiser":0.02, #Float. Default 0.02.
"HMincrPerLevelCapital":0.02, #Float. Default 0.02.
to something more sensible (something like HMincrPerLevel to 0.075 for all ship sizes would probably work - reaching default levels at 0/6/10/12. Adjust to your tastes :p)

Photonsynthesis

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Mod seems to work (mostly) under 0.95a. There is one crash I've had due to an outdated ship variant, though:
Spoiler
Code
 java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [WS 006] not found on hull [hyperion]
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderWeapons(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderSingle(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetView.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.render(Unknown Source)
[close]
I tracked this error down to "mods/Second Wave Options 0.6.1/data/variants/hyperion/rcsw_hyperion_Strike.variant" which references these slots that are no longer present:
Code
            "weapons": {
                "WS 005": "atropos",
                "WS 006": "atropos"
            }
Copying the weapon groups from the built-in strike variant should fix this error. There might be other variants that need to be updated, but this is the only issue I've had so far after playing for two hours.

Great mod BTW. I play with uncapped level 9 officers and I needed a way to give more officers to the AI fleets. It would be nice to have an option to tune AI officer quality/quantity separately from the other values.

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

Mod seems to work (mostly) under 0.95a. There is one crash I've had due to an outdated ship variant, though:
Spoiler
Code
 java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [WS 006] not found on hull [hyperion]
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderWeapons(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderSingle(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetView.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.render(Unknown Source)
[close]
I tracked this error down to "mods/Second Wave Options 0.6.1/data/variants/hyperion/rcsw_hyperion_Strike.variant" which references these slots that are no longer present:
Code
            "weapons": {
                "WS 005": "atropos",
                "WS 006": "atropos"
            }
Copying the weapon groups from the built-in strike variant should fix this error. There might be other variants that need to be updated, but this is the only issue I've had so far after playing for two hours.

Great mod BTW. I play with uncapped level 9 officers and I needed a way to give more officers to the AI fleets. It would be nice to have an option to tune AI officer quality/quantity separately from the other values.

Thanks for this! In that case, I'll probably make a very quick compatibility update. I'd love to get to updating it more thoroughly, but for a variety of reasons I don't think it will be happening any time soon.

Will definitely take into account your point on officers for the future - seems like a reasonable thing to want to be able to tweak. For the time being, you can probably make some tweaks in the game's settings.json to achieve a similar effect:
Code
	"officerAIMax":10,
"baseCombatShipsPerOfficer":3,
"officerAIMaxMercsMult":1,

dostillevi

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I've also updated this for .95a and so far haven't had any issues.

One thought for a future update though, perhaps consider a way to make resource penalties more transparent. I now have several mods running that can apply penalties or bonuses to fuel or supplies consumption, and it's sometimes very hard to tell why a ship is consuming a particular amount of resources. This is definitely an issue bigger than just your mod - I'm thinking something along the lines of an intel panel where all of a ships bonuses and maluses - and their sources - are detailed.

The basic reasoning for this is to help inform market purchases and the impact of things like militarized subsystems, expanded cargo holds, and auxiliary fuel tanks. With commissioned crews thrown into the mix, I can't tell if this mod is affecting the base supply consumption or the modified supply consumption with both Iliad and Odyssey turned on when auxiliary fuel tanks are applied to a civilian hull, for example. Other mods also introduce hullmods that increase supply or fuel usage, further complicating the picture. At the end of the day, I often just want to know if a ship I see on market will end up being more or less efficient than the hauler I'm currently using, and I have to think about whether I've recently been to a friendly port, how far I am from the core systems, and how several different mods may or may not interact with each other.

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

I've also updated this for .95a and so far haven't had any issues.

One thought for a future update though, perhaps consider a way to make resource penalties more transparent. I now have several mods running that can apply penalties or bonuses to fuel or supplies consumption, and it's sometimes very hard to tell why a ship is consuming a particular amount of resources. This is definitely an issue bigger than just your mod - I'm thinking something along the lines of an intel panel where all of a ships bonuses and maluses - and their sources - are detailed.

The basic reasoning for this is to help inform market purchases and the impact of things like militarized subsystems, expanded cargo holds, and auxiliary fuel tanks. With commissioned crews thrown into the mix, I can't tell if this mod is affecting the base supply consumption or the modified supply consumption with both Iliad and Odyssey turned on when auxiliary fuel tanks are applied to a civilian hull, for example. Other mods also introduce hullmods that increase supply or fuel usage, further complicating the picture. At the end of the day, I often just want to know if a ship I see on market will end up being more or less efficient than the hauler I'm currently using, and I have to think about whether I've recently been to a friendly port, how far I am from the core systems, and how several different mods may or may not interact with each other.
Thank you! Absolutely, the frankly horrid UI/lack thereof in this mod bothers me greatly, too. Truthfully, I still have no idea how to mod the UI at the moment, but it is definitely on the to-do list to learn and implement in the future (yet another reason why there won't be anything more than a barebones compatibility update for a long while).

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

Second Wave Options v0.6.2?

haha version number go brrr

Changelog:
-Updated version numbers
-Removed Hyperion variant.
-SlowCR set to off by default.
-Adjusted the level-based scaling for some of the options to fit the new level 15 cap. No new features or anything, so if you already tuned things to your taste just keep your old settings.

Testing for this amounted to starting a new campaign and seeing that it didn't CTD. YMMV, use at own risk, &c.

A more significant update to come probably eventually.

ProtonBomb

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I am getting game crashes here on New Game Start...

[attachment deleted by admin]

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hm... nothing in this mod uses RouteManager, or even spawns entities with which the crash is caused. Are you sure this mod is causing the issue?

ProtonBomb

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Yes, after disabling the mod the error goes away. Maybe a weird conflict with other mod?

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

Funky. Do share your mod list, please, as well as your second wave settings if you've customized them, and which Nex start option you're using (I assume you're running Nex).

ProtonBomb

• Ensign
    • View Profile

{"enabledMods": [
  "$$$_lightshow",
  "$$$_trailermoments",
  "pantera_ANewLevel40R",
  "adjustable_skill_thresholds",
  "Adjusted Sector",
  "anotherportraitpack",
  "ARSWP",
  "armaa",
  "ArmorBlitx",
  "raccoonarms",
  "lw_autosave",
  "Azurlane",
  "banana",
  "timid_admins",
  "beyondthesector",
  "BSC",
  "boundsredone",
  "HMI_brighton",
  "CaptainsLog",
  "capturecrew",
  "Csp",
  "CAS",
  "chatter",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_console",
  "domain_mship_controllable",
  "diyplanets",
  "DetailedCombatResults",
  "diableavionics",
  "dispMore",
  "dynamictariffs",
  "exshippack",
  "XLU",
  "FPE",
  "fluffships",
  "sun_flux_reticle",
  "sun_fuel_siphoning",
  "gflportraitpack",
  "gflportraitpack2",
  "GrandColonies",
  "HHE",
  "HMI_SV",
  "HMI",
  "gunnyhegexpeditionary",
  "hte",
  "hiigaran_descendants",
  "hololive_portraits",
  "hostileIntercept",
  "sun_hyperdrive",
  "IndEvo",
  "internalaffairs",
  "InvisibleHand",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "keruvim_shipyards",
  "kingdomofterra",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "ArkLeg",
  "logisticsNotifications",
  "low_scatter_amplifier",
  "luddenhance",
  "MagicLib",
  "marineportraits",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "missingships",
  "more_hullmods",
  "disco",
  "more_ship_names",
  "wisp_NeutrinoDetectorMkII",
  "sun_new_beginnings",
  "nexerelin",
  "builtinsforall",
  "ORA_aquamarine",
  "ORA_fractalGreen",
  "ORA_gunmetal",
  "ORA_imperial",
  "ORA_invader",
  "ORA_irradiated",
  "OcuA",
  "Ocutek",
  "old_hyperion",
  "ORA",
  "pn",
  "wisp_perseanchronicles",
  "TAR",
  "QualityCaptains",
  "m561_ramscoop",
  "$$rebalanced_pilums",
  "remnant_command_transfer",
  "rotcesrats",
  "roider",
  "sun_ruthless_sector",
  "tahlan_scalartech",
  "scy_bluesky",
  "SCY",
  "SEEKER",
  "shadow_ships",
  "PT_ShipDirectionMarker",
  "speedUp",
  "sw",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "steelcardinal",
  "stelnet",
  "soz_planetshield_subtle",
  "timid_supply_forging",
  "surveycorpssp",
  "$_blueshipbad",
  "tahlan",
  "Terraforming and Station Construction",
  "exalted",
  "star_federation",
  "TORCHSHIPS",
  "transfer_all_items",
  "trulyautomatedships",
  "undertale",
  "underworld",
  "US",
  "ungp",
  "URW",
  "va11portraits",
  "vayrashippack",
  "WEAPONARCS",
  "XhanEmpire",
  "audio_plus",
  "mir_np",
  "arknightsportraits",
  "astroidships",
  "blue_apogge",
  "2hu",
  "prv",
  "shaderLib",
  "aBadIdea2",
  "aBadIdea3",
  "ShipCatalogVariantEditor"
]}

ProtonBomb

• Ensign
    • View Profile

0.6.3 fixed the crash for most Nexerelin faction new game starts but crashed on custom new game start for Infernal Machine. Not sure if it crashed for other custom starts or others. :(
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 11:33:23 AM by ProtonBomb »

ProtonBomb

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Here is the error message:

[attachment deleted by admin]

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

Ugh, sorry. I really don't know what's causing the issue. The Infernal Machine start works on my end without issue, even when all the optional settings are enabled in both normal and random sectors.

Can you share your RCSW_SETTINGS.ini? Might help me narrow down whatever is causing the issue, but basically at the moment I can't find the problem and can't reproduce it either.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10