Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: questions about burst weapondry.  (Read 2491 times)

evil713

• Commander
    • View Profile
questions about burst weapondry.
« on: March 21, 2012, 10:22:41 AM »

1, can you please add a RoF or shots per minute, its hard to tell how often i can fire a weapon with out resorting to burst divided by dps.

2, how exactly is damage outputted on a burst weapon, there beams so im assuming that there damage is based on there time/duration on target. i ask because in that vein of thought tacyon lances do more damage the closer they are to the target, because the beam hits the target sooner and stays longer, but that means burst damage is really a point blank calculation and become weaker at long range.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: questions about burst weapondry.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 10:27:09 AM »

That would be nice to be honest. For instance the autopulse shoots five times per shot (I think) but then how long is the reload? I wish it said something like "The Autopulse shoots 5 shots every x number of seconds".. That'd be cool.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 10:45:36 AM »

1. Good point, added to todo list.

2. Yeah, the burst damage assumes it spent the entire time on target - that's the theoretical maximum. It'll never *quite* reach that, but all burst weapons have extremely fast beams, so the practical difference for short vs long range damage is negligible.

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 12:08:46 PM »

well yea the actual tachyon lance have the fastest beam speed, being 10000 which what ever range its reach the target instant, so in fact the time you wait to see the beam hit the target is the charge up time, the tiem its need to fore the weapon after you order to shoot

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 01:02:30 PM »

Assuming the speed shown in the files is distance per second, the tachyon lance only loses half a second of damage..

5000 (ly?) range, 10000 (ly?)/sec

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 06:39:24 PM »

i dont thinkits ly lol, more the sec ( i think ) as the augmented optic show ( well i think its sec >_> ) for teh range its 5000 sec, but for the speed... i dont know if its sec per second >_>