Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: auto loader hull mod for small weapon mounts.  (Read 492 times)

Boris Megalev

• Ensign
    • View Profile
auto loader hull mod for small weapon mounts.
« on: October 03, 2019, 10:43:38 AM »

for larger ships having an auto loader hull mod small missile only
once a small missile runs out of ammo it goes on cool down like a salamander would make some of the more viable in long engagements
I find myself relying on rockets swarm and salamanders
using expanded missile racks the re-fire rate is fast so it burns ammo too quickly
i would say the double the reload of the pod for the 3 sets reapers should be 25-30 seconds atropose should be 20-25 hammer 15-20

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: auto loader hull mod for small weapon mounts.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 09:12:39 PM »

Maybe this hullmod causes firing missiles to generate flux, but provide infinite ammo on cooldown.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: auto loader hull mod for small weapon mounts.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 06:13:51 PM »

Maybe this hullmod causes firing missiles to generate flux, but provide infinite ammo on cooldown.

Archean Order does exactly this, with ALL missiles.  In that mod, all missiles have innate cooldowns and generate flux, sometimes MASSIVE flux, but have effectively unlimited ammo.  Many missiles have very different behaviors and firing patterns than vanilla, allowing for spectacular missile boats that have no business in a melee due to their exorbitant flux generation.  On the other hand, it also includes classifications of weapons like strike, assault, and fire support, informing what range they're meant to fight at.  I wouldn't mind seeing a vanilla hull mod that alters limited missiles in a similar manner, though torpedoes would need significant flux costs and cooldowns to be even remotely fair.