Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Star Trek Eras [0.96]  (Read 31709 times)

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek Eras [0.95.1a]
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2022, 10:48:27 AM »

@mrpras,  ;D  ;D  ;D Thank you for trying the mod out! I'm glad you are liking it thus far! I've noted some of the points you've brought out. I suppose I forgot about the portraits being so large. Those portraits are the originals. Suppose I'll just have to copy them to a separate folder and shrink them down.

The portraits for the Mirror Universe aren't for player factions so that's why you don't see them. They're used only for the Mirror Universe and you will see them as commanders of fleets and admins for the Terra homeworld.

As regards the music, I simply went with what I thought would fit the the Mirror Universe. I had no intention of doing anything Star Trek theme for the ENT Mirror Universe. After all, there's so little as far as screen canon goes to make a determination of what sort musical theme the Mirror Universe would take. So I went with sort of a cold, horror, sci-fi feel as far as music goes.

Now, if you would like to create a music submod for Star Trek Eras, have at it! I most certainly welcome it. In fact, if someone would like to make custom vessels for the respective Eras (already released) feel free to do so! I'd certainly be more than happy if @mrpras could do a music mod for (FED-ENT) & (FED-TOS).

Last thing I'll say. Of course I'm working towards the TNG era! In fact, I'm working towards other races. I took it all @ once and created a stress and almost hatred for how much work is needed just to put a couple of ships on a map. So, I'm working much more slowly @ a pace that I like, with set goals for the day rather than a planned out roadmap of the entire mod.

For now, I'm cleaning up the TOS era portion of the mod. And as far as a plan for that, I'll be slapping TMP and DIS era vessels into the next iteration before working on the TNG. I'll probably do an enemy for the TOS/TMP/DIS era as well to have a bit of war going on in the background but that's undecided for now. If I do, just asking everyone, which enemy is more viable ROMULAN or KLINGON? Let me know.

MISSION MODDING: I haven't the first idea how I'd be able to accomplish these. I'm more than ready for lessons if someone is willing to teach. I did have a couple missions in mind, I'd like to design where the player could get Hero Ships  that have buffs that the normal class doesn't. But again, I'm a bit lost in the regard. So, anyone reading this that might be able to assist, I'm ready when you are.

All I can say for now is, I'm looking forward to piloting an Ambassador class or Galaxy class straight into battle soon enough. TNG is coming. Count on it.

mrpras

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2022, 12:49:48 PM »

I´ve been playing your mods for a while, definitely hoping for a broader update in future like the older one with many races - great stuff..

You can downsize the portraits in batch mode using something like Irfanview. Took a couple of minutes to do, here´s the result
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QSxbImm_4oY407FZMAKTkM-74kiLp7_U/view?usp=sharing

Regarding the Mirror Darkly canon music, there´s more than you might think - I used them in combination with the ENT music for the homeworld music mod. In this case I can make a bunch of submods per race - I´ll make a mirror/Ent music mod and can make more later if you like it. I´ve made selections of the following (All have combat and idle playlists):

ENT: Starfleet, Klingon Romulan
TOS: Federation, Klingon, Romulan
TMP: Federation, Klingon, Romulan
TNG/DS9/VOY: Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Borg, Dominion

The ENT series has some Mirror music too, so could separate them into two or go back to the originals and gather more. (there´s literally thousands of music pieces I had to gather while making that music mod seriously).

Great to know you´re still working on the TNG mod, the older one was awesome and although it needed some balancing work it was one of the best mods for this game imho. I think mods that follow such big universes as star trek have the most potential and I´m happy if I can help out in some way. Could be amazing to also integrate various other mods to flesh out a "Star Trek Total Conversion".

Regarding the viable enemy for the ENT or TOS - I would have to say Klingon without a doubt. Mainly this is because Romulans were barely in the show in comparison to the Klingons who have a much more distinctive and fleshed out culture in the universe. Even in TNG and further which brought the Romulans into the story much more, they still didn´t go much further than they´re the "Mirror Vulcans" who like their ships to be the colour of their blood.

I´m not into modding this game yet, but have been modding other mods and learning in the process. Maybe you can try taking a mssion mod and hacking it up. Maybe start integrating other mods if possible, connect with mod authors who are into this game and probably like star trek too. I think there´s a big opportunity for a great star trek mod here to build on your already great work.

Anyway, enough typing - I´ll get working on a collection of music made for Mirror Darkly and ENT.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 02:50:44 PM by mrpras »

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2022, 05:43:15 PM »

@mrpras, Nice! Can't wait to see the music submod available for the public! BTW, what's your favorite TNG ship? Just curious.

mrpras

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2022, 06:21:27 PM »

Removed
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 06:36:12 PM by mrpras »

mrpras

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2022, 09:03:03 AM »

@superjosh250 would it be better if I made a unique thread for these music addons? Whatever works best for you.

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2022, 08:22:41 PM »

@mrpras, That'd probably be the best idea.

mrpras

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2022, 05:54:59 AM »

Removed the music addon. Not sure what happened, you seemed real enthusiastic and the mod worked really well. I'll consider releasing the mod as standalone but if so I would do it as a general star trek music mod as opposed to specific Eras. The whole point was to compliment your work, sorry if I did something wrong, I was hoping it would add energy to the development, it worked really well didn't it?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 06:37:11 AM by mrpras »

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2022, 07:57:44 PM »

Oh my gosh @mrpras. I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings at all! I am completely enthusiastic about it! I thought you were making the suggestion because people had to go five pages deep to even find the addon! No my brother. Re-post on on here. I'll mention it on the front page where to get the add-on. I genuinely meant nothing by my comment at all. I was simply going with what you thought might be best. Don't delay on the repost.

mrpras

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2022, 03:52:00 PM »

Hey bro you didn’t hurt my feelings, I was worried i had hurt yours lol. All good :) I’ve been away a few days so sorry for the slow reply. Will pm you the next update soon and if you like it then let’s explore what works best in terms of releasing it. I think it should be connected to this mod rather than a separate mod, that’s up to you of course. Hope you’re well!

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2022, 09:26:04 PM »

Hi everyone. Been at it again. I fixed the crashing error for the TOS mod, but wanted to do a bit of work on it before I reuploaded it again. Well the day has finally arrived for the FED-TOS mod to be re-released to the public. I encourage you to download the Terran ENT mod as well to have an enemy to work against. I'm sure you'll enjoy the watching the battles between the two. I got fortunate one new game and the two factions were battling as soon as I spawned. Got a bit of loot from it.  Anywho, check out the first page for new info and to download the update. Thanks and enjoy it!

@mrpras, Ensure you read the file marked with your name. Most people down read the readme but you'll be surprised with this one. Read it!

cocoa_skywalker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2022, 06:35:34 AM »

bro I found a problem like
" ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Industry [deep_space_K7] not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: Industry [deep_space_K7] not found"
how can i fix it

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2022, 09:50:23 AM »

@cocoa_skywalker The problem is quite simple. You could redownload the mod as I've fixed it already or you could fix it yourself. Go to Star Trek Eras (FED-TOS)\data\config\exerelinFactionConfig open the federationTOS.json and either delete deep_space_k7 or change it to k7_station. The crash is only caused by by using Nexerlin.

But again, the crash shouldn't happen now as the mod link has been updated.

cocoa_skywalker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2022, 10:11:08 AM »

I deleted the corresponding text according to your instructions, and it has returned to normal. Thank you.

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2022, 01:12:29 AM »

EXCITING? Perhaps not. That's only for you, the player to determine. Well, I've got news for you, but its not in this post. If you're ready, you know what to do. Head back to that first page for what's new for Star Trek Eras. You might like it.

Spoiler
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE...
[close]

mrpras

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2022, 06:21:30 AM »

Nice update, I´m not playing at the moment but looking forward to assimilating the competition... Makes me think about the transporter attacks of the armada games. I wonder if there´s a way of assimilating craft (disabling them with a 100% recovery rate).

Keep up the great work Superjosh
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10