Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Killing core to stop the babysitting...  (Read 11521 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Killing core to stop the babysitting...
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 06:32:39 PM »

It's very cathartic to de-civilize a factions heavy industry world after they successfully raid your colony while you are away. I've found ignoring pirates is tolerable for a decent while as long as you deal with them eventually.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2019, 11:09:26 AM »

The problem with pirates if all core worlds are dead is dealing with them does practically nothing.  After you kill them, they respawn a day or so later and re-target your colony, like as if nothing happened.  This is not the additional weak one section bases, but the stronger quota bases that normally spawn to attack core worlds (and inflict -2/-3 stability and -30-50% accessibility), except they target you instead if all of core is dead.

Pirates are not pirates in this game.  They are space zombies looking for brains.

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2019, 11:26:33 AM »

Does killing the core pirates do anything at all for core world stability?  I'd generally rather NOT have the other factions destabilize, if only so that I can trade with and or fight them.  I know random pirates keep spawning regardless, I'm just wondering if it helps.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2019, 11:38:53 AM »

I doubt pirate worlds in core do anything to their neighbors.  They seem to be more like independents carrying the pirate flag.  I do not think something like Kanta's Den alone would inflict stability penalty on New Maxios in Magec just by being there.

I would leave core pirates alone unless I really want to kill everyone.  They are income sources for your exports, not to mention a place to buy and sell stuff.

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2019, 12:05:19 PM »

I doubt pirate worlds in core do anything to their neighbors.  They seem to be more like independents carrying the pirate flag.  I do not think something like Kanta's Den alone would inflict stability penalty on New Maxios in Magec just by being there.

I would leave core pirates alone unless I really want to kill everyone.  They are income sources for your exports, not to mention a place to buy and sell stuff.
Do they not spawn fleets, just like the regular factions do?  Do those fleets not attack any fleet they are hostile with of the correct size, including merchant fleets?  Killing merchant fleets reduces stability by causing shortages, even if it isn't the generic "pirate activity".

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2019, 04:10:09 PM »

Yes, their fleets can kill others' fleets and stations if they get in each others' way, but they are not assassin fleets like expeditions or raids.  If a convoy blunders into the path of a random pirate (or other enemy) patrol or vice versa, then sure, the pirates will eat the convoy and trade disruptions and the like can happen.  They just do that by accident instead of spawning three ten capital eliminator fleets to assassinate a target every so often to meet a quota.
Pages: 1 [2]