Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rep Loss on failed enemy attack  (Read 2239 times)

Drachma

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Rep Loss on failed enemy attack
« on: August 11, 2019, 07:27:20 PM »

A faction will send a force to attack your colonies and even though it tells you literally 2-3 times, depending what options you choose, that you will NOT lose rep. You do. Every time.  I tried with and without Transponder on, with and without talking to them, and with just attack them outright. You still lose rep

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Rep Loss on failed enemy attack
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 07:38:51 PM »

Yeah, I can see how that's confusing; I need to clear up the phrasing. The rep loss is for defeating the expedition as a whole, not the fleet. For example, if you fought the expedition's fleets separately, you'd only lose reputation once, on defeating the whole expedition. Or, if you let your system defenses handle them and avoid fighting them yourself, you'd still lose reputation when the expedition as a whole is defeated.

Basically, defeating the expedition will always reduce your rep, but it's not on a per-fleet basis.

Edit: there, cleaned it up - the intel now says that defeating the expedition will cause a small reputation drop.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 07:40:53 PM by Alex »

Drachma

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 06:37:15 PM »

I see what you mean now. Engaging in a fight won't lose you rep, but it never said they would be upset with me once they are destroyed eventually lol.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Ensvey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 11:21:44 AM »

Sorry for the necro, but why make a failed attack cause a rep loss at all? We didn't choose to attack them, they chose to attack us. If anything, they should lose rep with us!

I'm still sort of just getting into the colony thing, but I can see it becoming a real chore to stay on good terms with factions if they're going to attack me and then cry when they lose.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 11:59:29 AM »

Hi - this isn't the subforum to have a discussion, sorry! It's for bug reports only; I keep a particularly close eye on it and anything off-topic is distracting.

(The reason is to eventually cause open hostilities, unless you mitigate this. And, I mean, it seems reasonable enough that when you bloody their nose, they like you less. If you'd like to talk about this further, please feel free to make a thread in Suggestions of general!)