Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Non functioning flux venting  (Read 1559 times)

cerebus23

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Non functioning flux venting
« on: August 12, 2019, 11:17:13 AM »

Anyone know why this would be a thing? Making a ship, my second one. And i can not get the venting to work in game it just builds unto the ship goes into shut down.

Copied and pasted exact ship file entries from a working ship and still will not vent.

Tried resaving the ship file itself and checked the data everything looked fine.

My other ship no issues.

And no real errors when it cant vent game runs fine no launch errors, just v nor my reobund vent key does not function at all, tried other ships and it it works fine even my other modded ship.

So i dunno guess i have to remake the base ship file again and hope it does not bug out? anyone seen this before? searching the net gave nada. 

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Non functioning flux venting
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 11:23:31 AM »

Wait, you mean you launch the ship in the simulator and the flux just starts building on its own? Do you have negative dissipation? (Is that even a thing that can happen?)

cerebus23

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 11:32:54 AM »

Wait, you mean you launch the ship in the simulator and the flux just starts building on its own? Do you have negative dissipation? (Is that even a thing that can happen?)

Not like that i have to fire/tank to build it, but i cant vent period. Clueless. Ive tried messing with everything related to the ship and nada start from scratch maybe for the 3rd time.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 11:55:34 AM »

Does it actually show a flux dissipation value in the refit screen?

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 12:18:56 PM »

By 'vent' do you mean with the 'v' key, or with passive dissipation. If you fire weapons for a bit, the flux doesn't go down?

Either way, I'd check the entry in ship_data.csv for errors. Make sure that there aren't any weird formatting things showing up.

cerebus23

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 12:42:08 PM »

Does it actually show a flux dissipation value in the refit screen?

Yep all those stats are in that screen. total dissipation etc all look normal i used ron's editor to fill out the ship stats and etc and copy and pasted those from a working ship (remembering to change the ship #, id, name etc).

so the only thing i think it can be is the ship file itself, and i having a bad ship editor crash day trying to do literally anything.

Yup finally redid the entire ship file put it and boom venting again, so dunno wth was wrong with it or how the editor skrewed it up, but if you get that happening try redoing the file from scratch something went wrong, even if the game thinks it is fine.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 01:14:42 PM by cerebus23 »