Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 51ppycup's Modded Ships  (Read 20296 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: 51ppycup's Modded Midline Ships
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 01:43:48 PM »

Yeah I hear you. I just threw mine in anyway, though. I will continue to refine it until I get it down. Or I won't. Either way it is fun to try (despite the failings, kind of like starfarer, haha).

EDIT: helps that no one but me and my brother play my mod, haha.
How do you know that It's just you and your brother? :D

Anyways, on the topic, these are some great frankensprites, fits nicley into the game. Congrats.

51ppycup

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: 51ppycup's Modded Midline Ships
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 07:05:25 PM »

Yeah I hear you. I just threw mine in anyway, though. I will continue to refine it until I get it down. Or I won't. Either way it is fun to try (despite the failings, kind of like starfarer, haha).

EDIT: helps that no one but me and my brother play my mod, haha.
How do you know that It's just you and your brother? :D

Anyways, on the topic, these are some great frankensprites, fits nicley into the game. Congrats.

Thanks <3

Posted this in 51ppycup's tutorial thread and realized it's probably smarter to put it here.

I made the .ship files and the ship_data.csv files for the Panther, 2 types, 1 Energy based and 1 Ballistic based.

Took quite some time to get the bounds right.. since I'm a bit of the perfectionist I did it by hand in the .ship file.. just using the ship editor to get the approximate coordinates, but I can happily say, both sides of the ship are identical as far as bounds go.

The turrets on the other hand, don't seem to be quite mirrored, they are off by 1 pixel sideways. but I matched them to the .png so I blame 51ppycup :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?2z2rr9dq0jjp3k9 both in one mod

And

http://www.mediafire.com/?8zgd239c78m3n7p seperate mods

Also note, this does nothing to add them into the campaign as I do not know how to do that other than hacking a save file. (which is shown in the tutorial video)

Now somebody just needs to show me how to mod these into the campaign so the factions start using them.

Word of Warning, Since I made these I've started getting random crashes with the error Fatal: null. and I can't seem to figure out why. sometimes it crashes while loading, sometimes just after loading, sometimes it doesn't crash at all..

Yeah, I ran into that too.  Couldn't quite get it lined up correctly myself.  Not sure about that crash issue though, I haven't had that occur.

I comment on your videos pretty frequently, so I figured I might drop by and leave a 'good work'.

Good work.

I like what you've done, I like midline ships a lot as well. Good luck on your hand drawn one-- I tried putting together a hull myself, and I scrapped every attempt because I can't get the.... what's the word-- texture of starfarer's ships right. It bothers me when hand drawn ships stick out from the rest of the ships in the game-- modded ships that aren't a part of a total conversion ought to look like they fit, lore-wise, visually, and with loadout.

Thanks!  Know what you mean about the texture on hand-drawn ships.  I'm having a hard time replicating the look.

51ppycup

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: 51ppycup's Modded Ships
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 08:49:48 PM »

Added new Astral mashes  :D

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 04:29:11 AM »

added the redoubt to my mod

[attachment deleted by admin]

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 04:37:14 AM »

How are those demolition blasters? :P Seen em, never could afford the OP to put em on my ships..
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 06:29:08 AM »

How are those demolition blasters? :P Seen em, never could afford the OP to put em on my ships..
They are very good if you have the flux to handle them. the trick is to use kinetic weapons to raise enemy flux and use them when shields are down

51ppycup

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 09:41:55 AM »

Tight!  Looks really nice in that color :)
Pages: 1 [2]