Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Avoiding Pather Cells  (Read 1901 times)

Adex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Avoiding Pather Cells
« on: August 07, 2019, 07:28:43 AM »

I am trying to build new industries in my colonies, but after a while, a Pather cell shows up. It shows what causes it, in my case heavy industry and mining.

My question is, is there a way to build up colonies in a way that no Pather cell will show up, and it is still profitable? Is it worth it to bother trying to avoid it if the upgrade that will cause it to appear is profitable?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Avoiding Pather Cells
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 08:18:03 AM »

Pather cells appear when interest is seven or more.  To remove a cell, remove offending industries or cores until they are six or less, and they will dissolve soon.

It is possible to avoid cells, but you probably need colony skills to do.

Currently, there is a bug that prevents cells from succeeding at sabotage, so if you can take -1 stability from cells, it is best to ignore them (instead of avoiding them), at least until next release.

My question is, is there a way to build up colonies in a way that no Pather cell will show up, and it is still profitable? Is it worth it to bother trying to avoid it if the upgrade that will cause it to appear is profitable?
To do this, you need one planet with heavy industry equipped with nanoforge, a second planet with fuel production equipped with synchrotron, and one to three worlds producing all of the ore, volatiles, and organics you need to meet demand.

Heavy Industry with forge or Fuel Production with tron is six interest alone.  You can only fit Farming and Light Industry on those worlds.

The other worlds will need Mining and at least one with Refinery.

Avoiding Pathers can mean less profit if it means you cannot build Mining on a planet with your six interest structure.

Note that cores raise interest, and a colony governed by an alpha core has ten interest for permanent Pather cells.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:33:29 AM by Megas »