Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: [0.96a] Secrets of the Frontier (Prerelease 13.2a) - indev campaign mod  (Read 252436 times)

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Secrets of the Frontier (Prerelease 13.1) - indev campaign mod
« Reply #240 on: March 05, 2023, 07:17:22 AM »

Is there a way to swap Sierra to another ship? A phase destroyer is nice and all, but I really would like her on a Radiant or the Timeless Mothership.
to be done some day... XD

Solarshade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 05, 2023, 11:00:38 PM »

Is there a way to swap Sierra to another ship? A phase destroyer is nice and all, but I really would like her on a Radiant or the Timeless Mothership.
There isn't a way to swap her to a normal AI ship. However, if you do Sierra related quests you do get access to a unique cruiser hull for her that's pretty good.

Siffrin

• Captain
  • Thermal Signature Detected
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 07, 2023, 11:37:41 AM »

Mayfly question...

Spoiler
So i found it, talked and then pulled back my drone. No further conversation options...have i ended it already, or do i come back later (possibly with Sierra)?
[close]
Spoiler
If you call in Courser and talk to Mayfly with his fleet nearby he will trust you by association and give you access to all of Askonia's relay/bouy effects.
[close]
Gods most reckless Odyssey captain.

mrpras

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2023, 06:34:04 AM »

There isn't a way to swap her to a normal AI ship. However, if you do Sierra related quests you do get access to a unique cruiser hull for her that's pretty good.

Firstly, love the mod: Thank you for making it, it really gives the game another layer and is firmly the direction that I would love it to go. Great job and good writing (so rare)..

Regarding the idea of Sierra being allocated to an AI mothership, a couple of thoughts.

I could imagine that there´s an evil twin out there that could be applied to a mothership or a colony and would bring great benefits but with grave concerns. Using it would negatively impact sierra for example and she (it?) might go sabotaging your ships or something meaningful and surprising. An evil twin of Sierra (Data and Lore) could also potentially only be accessible if you are friendly with the remnant which isn´t so easy to achieve. I like the idea of an optional "dark side" storyline involving the sabotage and spying on other factions, siphoning their funds, inciting in-fighting or sabotaging relations between other factions.

Anyway,  just wanted to throw in some ideas in case any of them reinforce or trigger new ideas you might be having for this mod.

Alongside Nex, this is a major mod that there´s no playing this game without. Thank you again.

Spud_Johnson

• Ensign
  • The guy who became a writer on accident
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 08, 2023, 02:10:20 PM »

I will never not play with this mod installed again. Praise be to the queen of lobster plushies.

That being said, there's something I would like to address: you can do some funny (broken) shenanigans with the neural link skill. details below:
Spoiler
If you captain the ship that currently has sierra installed along with having the neural link skill, said skill will also apply to Sierra.

This means that you can actaully have Sierra technically pilot 2 ships at a time. Although having Sierra linked to the other, unoccupied, concord ship won't enable the concord shift for that ship (I tested and found no evidence that it's possible), witnessing Sierra pilot a *** Paragon is both exhilerating and terrifying at the same time.

While i do acknowledge that this is in all likelyhood broken as ***, the prospect of having 2 concord shift ships active at a time is tantalizing.
[close]

Unrelated to the above, but does anyone have a list of how to trigger each unique sierra conversation(not nessecerily misson related)? I think i've go them all but I want to be sure.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 07:16:44 AM by E_G_G »

NAZGULCN

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 09, 2023, 11:33:36 AM »

The prerelease is savegame-compatible.

Twistolation

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 16, 2023, 04:03:43 PM »

Mayfly question...

Spoiler
So i found it, talked and then pulled back my drone. No further conversation options...have i ended it already, or do i come back later (possibly with Sierra)?
[close]
Spoiler
If you call in Courser and talk to Mayfly with his fleet nearby he will trust you by association and give you access to all of Askonia's relay/bouy effects.
[close]

I've been trying to find out who this "mayfly" is, what have i missed?

Crowley_black

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2023, 07:47:02 PM »

Mayfly question...

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

All I can say is go to Askonia, the sindrian diktat system

Twistolation

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 17, 2023, 06:42:03 AM »

Mayfly question...

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

been flying around for a while and nothing has happened, I do have the Sindrian Fuel mod installed (al praise the legendary gas station) So that might've interfered?

I do have both the
Spoiler
Voidwitch with her cruiser AND the repaired AI pilot in my fleet too
[close]

Crowley_black

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 17, 2023, 08:22:22 AM »

Mayfly question...

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

been flying around for a while and nothing has happened, I do have the Sindrian Fuel mod installed (al praise the legendary gas station) So that might've interfered?

I do have both the
Spoiler
[close]
Could be, I haven't look for mayfly with PAGSM on but in the case you still want to look for them, they are an asteroid in askonia

Twistolation

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 17, 2023, 08:28:35 AM »

Mayfly question...

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

I do have both the
Spoiler
[close]
Could be, I haven't look for mayfly with PAGSM on but in the case you still want to look for them, they are an asteroid in askonia

AHA~~ that was all i needed, patrolling the asteroid belts. as soon as i was ON TOP of something. i finally got a sensor hit.

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 21, 2023, 07:12:46 AM »

Is Sierra Vow-class a the final reward from this mod?

Heartbreak117

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 23, 2023, 09:41:56 PM »

I've encountered a weird crash after me and Sierra fought alongside the Aurora. When she asked 'Was that the past?' and I had to answer, the game just offed itself

Showing this: Fatal: Texture [sierra_9] from category [sotf_character] not found

organicmeme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2023, 08:33:25 PM »

Playing with Arsenal Expansion makes it so that the game has two versions of the "Edict" weapon.

Ledah

• Ensign
  • Off to scour the sector for pre-collapse Fumos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 30, 2023, 08:56:07 PM »

Hello, I've a bug to report.
After Sierra switches ships, the now "inert" ship causes the tooltips for Combat Readiness and / or Hull Integrity & Repairs to stay on the screen (Just for that ship).
It does get cleared by loading a save but... It's quite bad for me because reloading usually creates a memory leak on my game.

Also, Neuko Sierra when?!  :P
Smuggler?! I prefer "Sneaky Relief Fleet Captain"
Will pay taxes for coffee mommy head-pats
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28