Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Finding ruins on planets.  (Read 5413 times)

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
Finding ruins on planets.
« on: August 01, 2019, 05:55:36 AM »

So I don’t know how many hours I have on this game now, but it’s enough for this to be a bit embarrassing. Am I the only one who didn’t notice that all plants with ruins on them have space junk orbiting the planet? And it seems that the amount of junk correlates to the quality of the ruins.

P.S. is there a way to know how many hours have been played?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Finding ruins on planets.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 06:01:35 AM »

With zoom maxed out, I cannot see the space junk, usually, because they are too small on the screen.  I will not zoom in to search for it.  I will find ruins soon enough after I survey every planet in the system.  Seeing more distant objects on the screen like planets or incoming enemy fleets is much more important.

runetrantor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 06:29:03 AM »

Found out about this recently thanks to a Nemo stream. XD

Though just started playing this game myself, so I can say 'before I even played', though thats cheating.

While super useful to know, it doesnt stop me from surveying all planets in a system anyway. (And remote survey, despite not knowing what exactly is gives me)

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 06:50:14 AM »

I already have a pristine home system 5 planets in 1 system making me like 500-600k which is nice. So I’m mostly just looking for blueprints and I don’t survey every planet now so this has been a huge time and resource saver for me. And I can see the junk fully zoomed out, maybe I sit to slow to the screen haha?

taerkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 04:25:00 PM »

The density of the debris around the planet hints at the level of ruins too.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 11:56:14 PM »

So I don’t know how many hours I have on this game now, but it’s enough for this to be a bit embarrassing. Am I the only one who didn’t notice that all plants with ruins on them have space junk orbiting the planet? And it seems that the amount of junk correlates to the quality of the ruins.

Lol, I've been playing this game since it back when it was named Starfarer, and I was today-years-old when I learned about orbital debris relating to ruins.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 10:24:04 AM »

Lol, I've been playing this game since it back when it was named Starfarer, and I was today-years-old when I learned about orbital debris relating to ruins.

Yes! Your humility has saved me! I’m not the only one!

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 10:37:47 AM »

Yes! Your humility has saved me! I’m not the only one!
Never feel embarrassed about learning something :)