Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bounty Balance?  (Read 3165 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Bounty Balance?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 01:23:40 PM »

The early ones are fine, but 250k for 4 astrals and supporting fleet is absurd.  At the point you can take that fleet out profitably you no longer need
Mild compared to ten Onslaughts or Conquests plus about fifteen cruisers (and small ships for the final five) at 350k bounties or so.  Without an optimized endgame fleet and 500 map size, it takes two, three, or four rounds to finish.  These are the kind of fights I edge-camp because most of my ships do not have enough peak performance.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2019, 08:31:58 AM »

Of course there is a lot of nuance with target prioritization, picking moment and trajectory to attack, safe spots to vent, etc... So I'm not saying it's easy to perfect.
Trust me, it's largely about finding good holes where it's safe to jump in and attack.  Escaping to vent is (relatively) easy, making it jump behind its target is trivial.  Mine largely survives, but isn't as useful / dangerous as it probably should be.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Eji1700

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 02:20:03 PM »

Anything less than "moar capitals" is kind of a walkover, though.  The equivalent FP in Frigates just gets... eaten... by even mid-game fleets.

I agree that the payouts seem a little low, though; too little reward for too much risk, on a lot of the high-end bounties, especially the "deserters", where they're flying stuff that isn't knackered junk.

Cruisers and destroyers can be a threat in the right comps/numbers, and at least don't feel like they take forever to fight.  Even if you can kill large capital fleets is usually by just throwing something equally absurd at it, and it takes forever.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 06:28:09 AM »

Fights with the old small ship spam in 0.9a went faster than current Atlas 2 (and other capital) spam.

Eji1700

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 09:45:37 AM »

Fights with the old small ship spam in 0.9a went faster than current Atlas 2 (and other capital) spam.
I think this is the real problem.  Its just spam.  I know you've got to generate these fleets dynamically but maybe the methods can be tweaked to hopefully come up with something challenging that doesn't just feel like 10 Atlas II's
Pages: 1 [2]