Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9.1a-RC6] Mothballed ships won't 'surrender' or engage.  (Read 694 times)

Oak

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Engage trade convoy >open comms & demand cargo/money > get rejected and then they 'maneuver to fight'. > win fight (but they don't retreat yet, I can't pursue them > continue to 'engage' until all non-mothballed ships are destroyed/disabled.

After this, the AI won't 'surrender' (run away/let me loot the battlefield.) But every time I engage the battle ends less than 2 seconds later. The only option is to 'cleanly disengage'. Happened before on  0.9.0 but it was days before 0.9.1 so I didn't report it. In 0.9.0 I had to alt + F4 because clean disengage wasn't available.

Please see linked screenshot (too big for the attachments.)

https://imgur.com/a/vmQV4bz
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 11:32:50 PM by Oak »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC6] Mothballed ships won't 'surrender' or engage.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 12:37:10 PM »

Thank you for the report! This looks like it's partially mod-related - the "demand cargo/money" option is not from vanilla, and I suspect it failing sets the fleet to be aggressive, which in turn causes this behavior.

Made a fix in vanilla to not be aggressive when the only ships in the fleet are mothballed, regardless of flags telling the fleet to always engage.

Oak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC6] Mothballed ships won't 'surrender' or engage.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 10:31:15 PM »

Thanks for supporting all the mods Alex, it's really appreciated.