Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 82

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 781293 times)

Kobura

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Starship Legends 2.3.1 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1110 on: July 22, 2023, 06:04:22 AM »

funny story I just now had a java.lang.NullPointerException failure to reload my save and your update to 2.3.1 was the solution!

Thank you for the mod and thank you for your diligence fixing it <3 that was devastating for a short while.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 22, 2023, 07:06:17 AM »

Well, thanks! But I don't think I changed anything in the last patch that would fix any sort of load failure. I may be wrong about that, but it's possible the error you ran into was unrelated (and might happen again). I'd be happy to help investigate, if you like.

CleverLikeMe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 22, 2023, 09:55:30 AM »

I tried to find the answer to this - I'm a relative newbie so apologies in advance.

Is there a way to see the ships in my fleet and things like the effects and loyalty - easily? I tried looking around after I noticed a post battle readout in intel showed me something like that, but I couldn't find it again.

May not even be related to this mod.

I just want to see which ships are at which loyalty and what's going on. having some issues with a couple of ships losing CR very quickly that is likely related.

atreg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 22, 2023, 11:30:22 AM »

I tried to find the answer to this - I'm a relative newbie so apologies in advance.

Is there a way to see the ships in my fleet and things like the effects and loyalty - easily? I tried looking around after I noticed a post battle readout in intel showed me something like that, but I couldn't find it again.

May not even be related to this mod.

I just want to see which ships are at which loyalty and what's going on. having some issues with a couple of ships losing CR very quickly that is likely related.

Every ship should have a unique built-in hullmod that shows their loyalty levels and other special effects that come with it.

CleverLikeMe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 22, 2023, 03:41:37 PM »

Yeah, I've got that hull mod. I was hoping there would be a sort of single screen panel to show it all for all current ships in the fleet. All good, just didn't want to be missing it if it was there. More than once I've missed a feature I wanted (or just needed to know about). Was worth an ask.

Thanks1

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 22, 2023, 07:44:20 PM »

Hey CleverLikeMe, welcome to the forum! As atreg pointed out, the way to get detailed information about a ship's reputation and the loyalty of it's crew is through the hullmod tooltip. There isn't a screen designed to show a summary of that information, but each battle report will list the loyalty and reputation level of each of your ships at the time of the battle. Battle reports can be found under the "reports" and "new" tags. Hope that helps!

Kobura

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 27, 2023, 01:30:57 PM »

Well, thanks! But I don't think I changed anything in the last patch that would fix any sort of load failure. I may be wrong about that, but it's possible the error you ran into was unrelated (and might happen again). I'd be happy to help investigate, if you like.

Turns out you're right. Still happening. I don't know why I thought it was better.

failed calling method cause-exception : java.lang.NullPointerException
cause-message : null

I've seen people talk about logs but I've never been able to decipher a damn thing from that gobblygook, so badly so I'm not even sure I'm looking at the right file

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 27, 2023, 06:11:12 PM »

This page on the Starsector wiki gives an explanation of how to access the important part of the log: https://starsector.fandom.com/wiki/Starsector.log
We don't really know anything without that info

I check this forum every 1 or 2 days, so you might want to PM me on Discord @ sundog3161
You can also post in the subforum for modded bug reports and support: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?board=14.0
Or the Discord tech-support channel: https://discord.com/channels/187635036525166592/619635013201428481

Kobura

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 28, 2023, 11:31:59 AM »

Discord didn't immediately work. Swapsies? I'm kobura.gif

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Starship Legends 2.3.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1119 on: July 31, 2023, 11:08:19 AM »

Starship Legends 2.3.2

- Fixed a crash that occurred when considering military options with Nex enabled and an Olympus (from Interstellar Imperium) in the player fleet

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 02, 2023, 10:31:46 AM »

Hello! Really appreciate and enjoy the mod, but I would like to ask...

Has it been integrated with Realistic Combat's damage system yet? When searching the thread I found some mention that integration was being planned many months ago, but haven't seen any updates on it since then.

And if it's not integrated, how would you recommend we adjust the XP parameters in lunalib to compensate? I was thinking about reducing XP gained from damage to 0 (As this mod doesn't recognize Realistic Combat's damage model) then adjusting combat ship xp gain parameters to match those of civilian ships.

Thank you for your time!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 12:13:48 PM by Lycaon »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 02, 2023, 04:47:51 PM »

Hey, glad you're enjoying the mod! Liral reached out to me to talk about that incompatibility issue and it turns out they fixed it a while ago. Everything seems to be working properly after a quick test, but please let us know if you see any obviously incorrect damage numbers!

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 02, 2023, 04:55:06 PM »

Hey, glad you're enjoying the mod! Liral reached out to me to talk about that incompatibility issue and it turns out they fixed it a while ago. Everything seems to be working properly after a quick test, but please let us know if you see any obviously incorrect damage numbers!

That's great to hear! I'll keep an eye on my combat ships and let you know if there are any issues.

Appreciate the quick response and thanks again for making the mod!  ;D

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 06, 2023, 11:07:26 PM »

Just sent my mostly inexperienced fleet (Most ships were notable at best) through two major battles and most came out with reputation upgrades, so it's working great so far! The two ships I had with officers didn't gain any loyalty however (Were indifferent before and after the battles), though I'm not sure if this is because loyalty improves much slower than reputation or some other factor is involved. I'm not too worried however, and will keep an eye on things as my game progresses.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 07, 2023, 07:00:41 AM »

Loyalty does improve more slowly than reputation, at least until a ship becomes famous. Unknown->notable and notable-well-known are very easy to get once you start fighting large battles. Your officers should be earning "confident" loyalty after a few more large battles like that though, so if not please let me know! Oh! Also there's a setting for showing loyalty and rep progress in the reputation hullmod tooltip. That'd be the first thing to check if you suspect something isn't progressing appropriately.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 82