Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 82

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 781288 times)

starman13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Starship Legends 2.3.0 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1095 on: June 07, 2023, 07:00:39 AM »

Do the rumors about patrol fleet flagships not get entered into the fleet log intel like derelict rumors do? I seem to recall the rumors were on the intel screen in the past.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 07, 2023, 09:37:43 AM »

They do get entered into the fleet log intel, but sometimes the intel items don't last long. Most of the fleets those rumors refer to are just normal fleets spawned by the base game, and sometimes they're destroyed shortly after being chosen for such rumors. Once the fleet is destroyed the intel is removed (there may or may not be a delay afterward, not sure). I try to choose fleets that will last more than a month, but it doesn't always work out.

Also, thanks for reviving Starpocalypse!

starman13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 07, 2023, 08:14:24 PM »

Thanks.

What you describe is the way I remember it working, but I'm not seeing the intel items at all. When I checked the intel screen just after exiting the bar and before leaving the planet I still don't see the rumors under the fleet log (unless it's a rumor about a derelict). I'll try testing without any other mods installed to see if I can reproduce the issue.

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 08, 2023, 01:34:08 AM »

I have a question.
Is Inspired the highest ranked or it's ranked higher than this?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 08, 2023, 08:22:12 AM »

What you describe is the way I remember it working, but I'm not seeing the intel items at all. When I checked the intel screen just after exiting the bar and before leaving the planet I still don't see the rumors under the fleet log (unless it's a rumor about a derelict). I'll try testing without any other mods installed to see if I can reproduce the issue.
That's no good! I'll check it out. I don't think that would be something caused by interference from another mod, but you never know.

Is Inspired the highest ranked or it's ranked higher than this?
Inspired is the highest loyalty level.

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 07, 2023, 02:43:23 AM »

Is the mod designed with any easy ways to hook into the XP system?

I'd like to make a mod that encourages you to try a variety of hulls, by tracking XP earned on a per-hull basis and when it hits a certain value (probably ~= enough to make a ship Legendary) the hull is Mastered and grants to you a SP. So then you're encouraged to rotate the hull out of your fleet and try a new one, to get more SP.

Basically just a way to stop me defaulting to Tempests & Medusas forever. Sound practical, or is there no real way to do it?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 07, 2023, 08:16:32 AM »

That's a cool idea! But unfortunately, no, this mod only counts XP for individual ships. There's no way to configure it to share xp among all ships of the same hull type. I can't think of any other mods that might encourage trying a variety of hull types either, but there might be something I don't know about. You might try making a suggestion post. Someone might be able to point you to some way of doing something similar, or someone might try to make a new mod for your idea.

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 07, 2023, 03:59:22 PM »

That's a cool idea! But unfortunately, no, this mod only counts XP for individual ships. There's no way to configure it to share xp among all ships of the same hull type. I can't think of any other mods that might encourage trying a variety of hull types either, but there might be something I don't know about. You might try making a suggestion post. Someone might be able to point you to some way of doing something similar, or someone might try to make a new mod for your idea.
Ah, I wasn't expecting it to be a thing already built into this mod! My question was more, is there an easy way for other mods to hook into your XP tracking system? E.g. hooking into the post-battle XP summary screen? Then per-hull XP tracking could be handled by the other mod, without having to duplicate all the work of calculating what XP should be awarded. Progressive S-Mods and Starship Legends both have their own independent ship-based XP systems, and adding a third separate ship XP system would seem a bit much.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 07, 2023, 05:59:01 PM »

Ah, gotcha. Starship legends doesn't offer any integration features to hook into the XP system that way either, and I can't think of any unofficial way to do so, at least not off the top of my head. Your best bet is probably to fork the github repo, rebuild the project with edited source code, and publish it as a different mod.

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 08, 2023, 07:28:11 AM »

Cheers, I'll just do that then!

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 08, 2023, 11:35:48 PM »

Not quite, no. It wasn't this way in older versions of Starsector (I think before 0.95.1a?), but you can spend a story point to "fully integrate" an AI core into an automated ship. This gives the core an extra skill, but makes it so it can never be removed. To smooth out some problems with how integration status (the AI version of loyalty) works, I made it so that only "fully integrated" AI cores can gain or lose loyalty. So that change doesn't matter for cores that aren't fully integrated.
How does this work for AI characters that can change their 'host vessel', such as Secrets of the Frontier's Sierra, or with the 'Digital Soul' hidden skill from Tahlan Shipworks enabled, a player character who can directly command REDACTED ships?

I looked through both the .ini file and the LunaLib settings menu, and no obvious options/settings to change/disable the above stood out. If not present, how difficult and/or time-consuming would it be to make an exception for those two scenarios?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 09, 2023, 07:38:21 PM »

Cheers, I'll just do that then!
*thumbsup* Best of luck! And sorry in advance for the poorly documented and/or sloppy code!

How does this work for AI characters that can change their 'host vessel', such as Secrets of the Frontier's Sierra, or with the 'Digital Soul' hidden skill from Tahlan Shipworks enabled, a player character who can directly command REDACTED ships?

I looked through both the .ini file and the LunaLib settings menu, and no obvious options/settings to change/disable the above stood out. If not present, how difficult and/or time-consuming would it be to make an exception for those two scenarios?
Not sure how it handles either of those cases. I did some testing with Sierra several months ago, but at the time she was partially implemented and it wasn't clear how the loyalty system should interact with her. This is the first I've heard of Digital Soul, but if it applies to the player-character I'd be surprised if the normal behavior is altered in any way. I'll put those both on my list of issues to look into. It sounds like the loyalty system should treat the AI as a normal officer in both cases, right?

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 09, 2023, 07:55:03 PM »

Not sure how it handles either of those cases. I did some testing with Sierra several months ago, but at the time she was partially implemented and it wasn't clear how the loyalty system should interact with her. This is the first I've heard of Digital Soul, but if it applies to the player-character I'd be surprised if the normal behavior is altered in any way. I'll put those both on my list of issues to look into. It sounds like the loyalty system should treat the AI as a normal officer in both cases, right?
Should, but instead treats both Sierra (or a player character with Digital Soul) as: "The AI core does not affect the performance of the <insert ship name> because it is not fully integrated."

With no option to 'integrate' (permanently?) either Sierra or my avatar, if they have Digital Soul... which I can re-spec out of by using a story point (or save editing); not an option for Sierra.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 07:57:03 PM by TimeDiver »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 09, 2023, 11:03:51 PM »

Yeah, I'll need to fix that then. Thanks for testing it out! In both cases I don't see any need for them to have the same restriction as normal AI cores, so I don't think new options are necessary. I'll just remove the integration requirement for both.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Starship Legends 2.3.1 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1109 on: July 19, 2023, 08:32:38 AM »

Starship Legends 2.3.1

- Fixed a rare error that could occur with trait side-grade bar events
- Fixed s-mods not being considered for trait compatibility
- Fixed loyalty not applying to player characters with a secret AI related skill from Tahlan Shipworks due to being considered a non-integrated AI core
- Fixed loyalty not applying to a secret AI NPC from Secrets of the Frontier due to being considered a non-integrated AI core
- Fixed loyalty adjustment being mentioned during a bar event even when the loyalty system is disabled
- Fixed the possibility of ships from a secret, hypocritical, hegemony task force getting traits that affect crew-loss
- Fixed civilian ships getting ludicrous xp for dealing damage in combat
- Fixed famous derelict/flagship bar events sometimes listing the AI names for traits instead of crewed names, and vice versa
- Fixed incorrect text sometimes being displayed after accepting "join your officers" bar events
- Fixed being able to swindle the patrons at bars who want to buy a famous ship from you by storing or selling the ship before agreeing to the deal
- Fixed intel for some famous flagship events disappearing instantly
- Fixed the s-mods of famous flagships not being retained after recovery
- Added a note to battle reports to clarify how inflicted damage is calculated
- Changed trait side-grade selection to favor ships with captains, even for civilian ships. Larger ships are also somewhat more likely to be chosen
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 82