Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 82

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 780699 times)

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Starship Legends 2.3.0 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1080 on: May 09, 2023, 07:03:47 PM »

- Changed: The max CR of ships with integrated AI cores is no longer reduced by low integration status
  Spark my memory, integrated AI cores are just AI cores on automated ships as officers, oooor?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: May 09, 2023, 08:41:38 PM »

Not quite, no. It wasn't this way in older versions of Starsector (I think before 0.95.1a?), but you can spend a story point to "fully integrate" an AI core into an automated ship. This gives the core an extra skill, but makes it so it can never be removed. To smooth out some problems with how integration status (the AI version of loyalty) works, I made it so that only "fully integrated" AI cores can gain or lose loyalty. So that change doesn't matter for cores that aren't fully integrated.

Havoc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 19, 2023, 05:21:57 AM »

hi, where can I disable negative traits?
I've tried in the .ini and in lunasettings.csv

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: May 19, 2023, 04:44:57 PM »

If you're using LunaLib you'll want to set both "Maximum Initial Negative Traits" and "Minimum Initial Negative Traits" to 0 using the in-game interface. LunaSettings.csv isn't something you should ever need to edit. If not using LunaLib you can open STARSHIP_LEGENDS_OPTIONS.ini and change this:
   "maxInitialNegativeTraits":4,
   "minInitialNegativeTraits":1,
...to this:
   "maxInitialNegativeTraits":0,
   "minInitialNegativeTraits":0,
glhf!

Havoc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 21, 2023, 09:41:09 AM »

I had
# REPUTATION GROWTH #
   "maxInitialNegativeTraits":0,
   "minInitialNegativeTraits":0,
   "minNegativeTraits":0, #1# This is the minimum number of negative traits a ship may have due to events
but still negative traits

is it possible that it is still somewhere overwritten?

edit:
in the ingame menue it was still 4;1;1;
now I set it to 0

thanks

edit2:
on restart it changes again to 4;1;1,
lol ,forgot savebutton in the menue
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 09:58:34 AM by Havoc »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 21, 2023, 11:22:37 AM »

Yeah, LunaLib settings take precedence over OPTIONS.ini settings

Question Mark

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 23, 2023, 07:27:38 AM »

Starship Legends 1.5.3
Changed: Made a few trait/hullmod combinations incompatible (for example, shield traits are now incompatible with Shield Shunt)

Hi, this doesn't seem to be working in the current version (2.3.0) on Starsector 0.96RC10.

I have an Onslaught with S-modded Shield Shunt installed and it's getting shield trait sidegrade suggestions. Haven't seen any bar events for it so I don't know if those are also affected.
I'm also using Progressive S-Mods mod in case it's a potential source of incompatibility.

FreyjaKitty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • ARMA.
« Reply #1087 on: May 23, 2023, 09:56:35 AM »

I love how much character this mod adds!

Trading war stories with other grizzled vets after cycles of bloody strife is an absolutely incredible feeling that helps the roleplaying aspect as much as it does give opportunities to find new and exciting ships. Thank you very much for all your hard work!

Oh, and almost forgot to add, I love the modularity of the mod settings, fantastic work on that!
Sent from my MSZ-FS Deluxeâ„¢ Wall-mounted Indoor Thermal Pump

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 24, 2023, 10:24:27 AM »

I have an Onslaught with S-modded Shield Shunt installed and it's getting shield trait sidegrade suggestions.
I just found the issue and fixed it up for the next update. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

I love how much character this mod adds!

Trading war stories with other grizzled vets after cycles of bloody strife is an absolutely incredible feeling that helps the roleplaying aspect as much as it does give opportunities to find new and exciting ships. Thank you very much for all your hard work!

Oh, and almost forgot to add, I love the modularity of the mod settings, fantastic work on that!
Glad you enjoy the mod! It's very kind of you to take the time to say so. Thank you!  ;D

Question Mark

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 24, 2023, 06:49:37 PM »

I have an Onslaught with S-modded Shield Shunt installed and it's getting shield trait sidegrade suggestions.
I just found the issue and fixed it up for the next update. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
Cheers. Similar if not the same issue also applies to ships with S-modded Safety Overrides (possible with Progressive S-mods) getting vent traits.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 25, 2023, 10:06:05 PM »

Yeah, that'd be the same issue. Looks like just forgot to consider trait/s-mod compatibility when I replaced a big chunk of the code responsible for checking trait relevance.

cfriend

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 27, 2023, 11:07:28 AM »

Thank you very much for making this mod, it has made the game much more immersive for me, and leads to a lot of fun RP moments.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 27, 2023, 09:19:43 PM »

Happy to hear that! Welcome to the forum  ;D

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 30, 2023, 10:23:33 PM »

A minor bug: If you have a ship with reduced maximum CR due to d-mods, and you have the trait that reduces the effect of d-mods, that trait does not affect the ship's actual maximum CR. (It does affect what the d-mod tooltips claim they're reducing your CR by, but the actual expanded CR tooltip still shows the unmodified full effect.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 31, 2023, 09:44:56 AM »

Good catch! After about an hour of digging I think I finally understand why this happens. Unfortunately, the API method starship legends relies on to retrieve the identity of ships while it applies trait effects doesn't work in some cases, and one of the cases seems to be while computing max CR. I'll put in an API request, but if that doesn't work I'm not sure how I'll handle this...
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 82