Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 82

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 781160 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starship Legends 2.1.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #945 on: August 24, 2022, 05:27:28 PM »

Are you referring to the IED ships added by the Luddic Enhancement mod? If so, aren't they supposed to be impossible to recover anyway? In the current version of starship legends loyalty is only lost when a ship is disabled, so if a ship can't be recovered it will never lose loyalty.

To actually answer your question, though, there is no way to exclude only a specific type of ship from the loyalty system or the reputation system.  Reputations are no longer influenced by battle performance in any way, so that shouldn't matter for your case. You could prevent the loyalty system from affecting specific ships by simply not assigning officers to them. Finally, if no other option is suitable, you could use console commands to fix the loyalty of your ships however you like.

PasDeBras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 26, 2022, 02:28:20 AM »

I believe you can recover an IED ship if it's yours and you win the fight.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 27, 2022, 04:36:50 PM »

Hmm... if that's so it seems not to be the intent of the author:
Spoiler
[close]

voltaxic_rift

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 06, 2022, 08:25:25 AM »

how to edit the STARSHIP_LEGENDS_OPTIONS.ini to make Loyalty would not lose when ship taken damage, or even grow loyalty when taken damage.

many ships are born as a Tank and many battle are really cruel.  taken damage are hardly to avoid.  So I want to change it.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 06, 2022, 01:58:51 PM »

As of version 2 ships only lose loyalty when they're disabled. Damage taken has no effect.

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 07, 2022, 02:44:59 PM »

So with Nexerelin, if you are playing as the Luddic Path, your ships die a lot, so do pirates to a lesser extent. But the Path are fanatics and Pirates are usually insane so is there any system for reducing or not effecting the player if they are playing under those factions? I just don't think it makes much sense that my holy martyrs of Ludd suddenly get sad and angry with their captain when their suicide IED ship dies in combat.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 08, 2022, 07:39:02 PM »

I don't have any plans to customize how loyalty works based on the player's faction relationships. The IED ships from LP Enhancement aren't supposed to be recoverable. For atypical playthroughs that the loyalty system doesn't work well with, I'd recommend editing starship legend's settings to suit the playthrough to your liking.

Ladean

• Ensign
  • Murder Toaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 12, 2022, 09:55:50 PM »

I'd like to make a suggestion.

Add another level above legendary and have it be insanely hard to get, like I would say around 3 to 4 times harder than legendary. Why? Well it would be cool to see your ship or a foe that you know for a fact has a very high chance of murdering you! Just from playing for awhile i have just seen it gets kinda funny seeing legendary ships getting blasted apart like a stick butter vs a gun and would spice things up even more but of course be super rare. 

As for a name for said rank, i would think something along the lines of "mythical" would be great :D 

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 13, 2022, 10:14:55 AM »

I'd like to make a suggestion.

Add another level above legendary and have it be insanely hard to get, like I would say around 3 to 4 times harder than legendary. Why? Well it would be cool to see your ship or a foe that you know for a fact has a very high chance of murdering you! Just from playing for awhile i have just seen it gets kinda funny seeing legendary ships getting blasted apart like a stick butter vs a gun and would spice things up even more but of course be super rare. 

As for a name for said rank, i would think something along the lines of "mythical" would be great :D

Feels like a mod balance issue - traits are strong, but they shouldn't override other components of fleet design when determining strength.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 14, 2022, 08:50:05 PM »

Yeah, balance is definitely an important consideration here. I feel like the default configuration already adjusts stats enough to be a bit disruptive to balance, so I'd rather not increase those adjustments further. It sounds like the problem is that legendary ships are too common for long-running games. I don't think an additional reputation tier would fix that. It's a difficult situation to improve, since increasing the threshold for the max tier (whatever that may be) would result in rep growth being frustratingly unattainable for players who prefer shorter runs. Trait growth rate is something I've just tried to balance the best I can, but there might be some clever way to make it more satisfying for a broader range of people that I haven't considered.

Ladean

• Ensign
  • Murder Toaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 14, 2022, 09:38:06 PM »

Yeah, balance is definitely an important consideration here. I feel like the default configuration already adjusts stats enough to be a bit disruptive to balance, so I'd rather not increase those adjustments further. It sounds like the problem is that legendary ships are too common for long-running games. I don't think an additional reputation tier would fix that. It's a difficult situation to improve, since increasing the threshold for the max tier (whatever that may be) would result in rep growth being frustratingly unattainable for players who prefer shorter runs. Trait growth rate is something I've just tried to balance the best I can, but there might be some clever way to make it more satisfying for a broader range of people that I haven't considered.

Well I can think of one way, simply make different versions of the mod, A fast, normal, slow and so on if needed, you'd be doing what the "A new level" mod did. With this you could just go crazy really, If people want to do a faster run then they can use the faster version of this mod and obtain the highest ranks without spending years of time and then for me I would the normal speed with an extra rank and so on, you could just then add the extra rank to all versions sense you don't have to worry about progression speed to much.

A second way would be to have a multiplier, like 1x to 3x that can be set in the settings file and advertise this function on the main page so players know they can change the speed as they see fit.

And lastly you could just use a transdimensional [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] with 7000 units of lobster then add [REDACTED] and cook for [REDACTED] and with that you could buy 8 units of drugs and let the thing do its work!

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 15, 2022, 12:27:36 PM »

Another option could be that a legendary ship is something that has to be intentionally set by the player and they are limited by how many they can make in a run of the game.  A ship that has reached such a high rank in attention could have an opportunity to gain special attention.  With the player spending resources like story points and cash for some added modifications, extra perks for the crew, and giving a little media attention to the ship.  The player then does a short quest where they take the ship to specific ports for media stunts, a vacation/team building event for the crew, and overhaul in the port.  Something suitably epic for a ship becoming legendary in the hearts and minds of the sector and her crew.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 16, 2022, 09:13:46 PM »

Thanks for sharing the ideas, guys! I do like the idea of giving players more control over which of their ships gain notability faster.

And lastly you could just use a transdimensional [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] with 7000 units of lobster then add [REDACTED] and cook for [REDACTED] and with that you could buy 8 units of drugs and let the thing do its work!
Brilliant!  ;D

Thogapotomus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 19, 2022, 06:37:01 PM »

I'd like to know if cursed is working as intended. The tooltip says +3% spontaneous malfunction chance. I'm assuming it's been on my ship from when I recovered it, because it hasn't been disabled since I've acquired it. I've also never noticed a malfunction. However in my last battle and the pursuit, my weapons were constantly malfunctioning while at 100% CR. I have 4 and basically 1 to 2 were down for most of the fight. It was so bad I thought my game had bugged out, before I realized what was causing it. *edit* After looking at it in the sim, my engines are going out as well. It's very cursed. */edit*  Is there an easy way I can change the ship's traits? I've looked through the files and my save, but I haven't really found anything definitive enough to try changing. *edit* Ah, I found how to do it with the console thanks to your command list. Thanks for that! So thoughtful. */edit*

I just updated the game from 0.95 and have been playing for a bit. Only after looking into the cursed issue did I realize you changed how traits were gained. I love this mod, but the change feels really bad. I can understand why you did it, but it still hurts having no impact in regard to what traits we get. Thanks for giving us the option to disable negative traits though. I wouldn't mind them if I had any influence over them, but having an easy way to disable them is very nice. I wish I had utilized it sooner.

You've given us the ability to see rumored traits, but is there anyway we could perhaps choose what they are? Actually having the crew work towards a specific goal, would be nice. Like a general area of focus as opposed to actually just picking the traits. Anyways, thanks for the mod. It's good enough that it should be in vanilla.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 08:00:53 PM by Thogapotomus »

White Hound Black Lotus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 21, 2022, 01:10:11 AM »

How do you know what reputation your ship is at?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 82