Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768888 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.2.1 - Personality for Your Ships and Crew
« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2019, 08:59:03 AM »

Actually, now that I'm testing it, something is up since the latest update. I replaced the ruthless settings with vanilla settings and combat ratings are still tanking in general even with flawless battles against similarly sized fleets. Even after changing to vanilla settings, One of my fast carriers, over the course of 5 fairly large battles, has killed roughly 6 frigates, tanked zero damage, but has gone from 51% and confident to 40% and insubordinate
I just fought a few battles to test this, but I got the results I would expect each time. Would you mind showing me your options file? It shouldn't be possible to get a rating below 50% without taking damage if you have baseRating set to the default of 0.5

While the progression is nice, it would be even nicer if you could lock-in traits permanently.
I think a Darkest Dungeon style trait/quirk locking system could work well, but unfortunately that would require an interface for choosing which traits to lock, and there's no good way to make an interface like that as far as I know.

Rutaki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 30, 2019, 09:01:36 AM »

Hello again, I have a suggestion on how to implement the reputation to enemy fleets, I don't know the difficulty or if it is even possible to implement but here it goes (at least serve as some inspiration).

The chance of each reputation rank scales according to the Admiral level (those with star icon on the side of the ship) and officer that the ship has, and according to Admiral and all the officers the fleet has when the ship doesn't have both.

Chances in general without considering lv:

Enemy Admiral: Significant chance of being Well-know and Famous, a low of being Notable and Legendary

Enemy Official: Significant chance of being Notable and Well-know, not so high of being Famous and unrated, super low of being Legendary (Chances of reaching X rank is reduced if admiral is lower)

Enemy Ships without Admiral/Official: Significant chance of not being ranked or notable, low to be well know, super low to be famous and almost impossible to be legendary (Chances of reaching X rank is reduced if admiral is lower)

[Redacted] Enemy Ships: consider all of the above, but have no chance of having a Malus trait, to make the least sense, the rank names and description are different for them, something like Delta/Gamma/Beta/Alpha rank and a description of how "adaptable" each one is perhaps?

Enemy Ships Without D-mods: Good chance to have a Bonus Trait

Enemy ships with D-mods: For each D-mod increase the chance of having an Malus Trait until reaching the X%/X% limit.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 05:29:13 PM by Rutaki »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 30, 2019, 04:14:57 PM »

Thanks for the feedback! I do have a plan for giving non-player ships traits, and it even incorporates some of your ideas. I'll be sure to keep your suggestions in mind when I finally get around to implementing it!

Rutaki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 30, 2019, 05:21:14 PM »

Thanks for the feedback! I do have a plan for giving non-player ships traits, and it even incorporates some of your ideas. I'll be sure to keep your suggestions in mind when I finally get around to implementing it!

yay!

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #274 on: September 01, 2019, 11:35:06 AM »

Out of curiosity, does Legends care about total hull damage in making the battle performance calculations, or final hull damage?

EvilPineapple

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 01, 2019, 10:12:39 PM »

Is there a way to prevent the guaranteed rating loss when fighting single ships? If I'm chasing the one frigate that retreated I lose rating even if I take 0 damage. I know autoresolve doesn't affect rating but then I have to deploy multiple ships to get the same success rate.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #276 on: September 02, 2019, 06:05:10 AM »

Is there a way to prevent the guaranteed rating loss when fighting single ships? If I'm chasing the one frigate that retreated I lose rating even if I take 0 damage. I know autoresolve doesn't affect rating but then I have to deploy multiple ships to get the same success rate.
Have the ship you send be half the deployment cost of the single ship you are fighting. Even if you take damage you'll still have a good rating.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 02, 2019, 01:58:12 PM »

Out of curiosity, does Legends care about total hull damage in making the battle performance calculations, or final hull damage?
It's total percent of damage taken during the battle. So if a ship starts a battle at 80% and ends at 50%, it only sustained 30% hull damage.

Have the ship you send be half the deployment cost of the single ship you are fighting. Even if you take damage you'll still have a good rating.
Yup. Also, the higher your rating is, the harder it becomes to raise it further. If a ship starts with a rating of 40% and scores a rating of 90% in a battle, its rating will improve by 4%, but if a ship with a rating of 100% scores 90% in a battle, it will go down by 1%. I think the main problem with pursuit battles is that ships don't earn rating for dealing damage to civilian ships. I think I'll change that.

EvilPineapple

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 02, 2019, 10:34:36 PM »

My problem was that my smallest ship vs a single fleeing frigate will very often lose rating, forcing me to chose between higher supply costs of an multiship autoresolve or losing rating by personally flying one ship. There doesn't seem to be a good way to fix this other than just bringing more ships that are weaker which unfortunately means more cost anyway.

Civ ships giving rating seems like a good idea tho. Reward that Kite for killing a Prometheus!

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 03, 2019, 07:36:12 AM »

My problem was that my smallest ship vs a single fleeing frigate will very often lose rating, forcing me to chose between higher supply costs of an multiship autoresolve or losing rating by personally flying one ship. There doesn't seem to be a good way to fix this other than just bringing more ships that are weaker which unfortunately means more cost anyway.
Right. I understand your concern and agree that it's a problem, but I see how I might not have given that impression.

Civ ships giving rating seems like a good idea tho. Reward that Kite for killing a Prometheus!
Yea, it should work without any issues. My original thinking was based on difficulty calculation for ruthless sector, but in this case I think it makes perfect sense to improve rating for destroying civilian ships.

crowman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 03, 2019, 11:50:56 AM »

The easiest fix, imo, would be to allow us to lock our ship's rating, permanently, with no way of reversing such decision. No more increases and no more decreases, kind of like receiving a Medal of Honor or timely retiring dead weights.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 03, 2019, 12:46:32 PM »

I think a feature like that would be a good addition. I'm not sure how best to offer that choice in an immersive, non-clunky way though. I'll have to think about it.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 03, 2019, 02:36:45 PM »

Other solutions:
- pursuits have capped rating swings
- pursuits can only increase rating, ignored otherwise
- pursuits are ignored if autoresolve is used
- pursuits are simply ignored entirely

asdlkj1z

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 04, 2019, 07:11:51 PM »

First things first, I think you're doing amazing work bringing this mod to the community. Its really a robust and unique system for us to become more attached to our officers & crews. Thank you for your work.

That being said, I would like to ask if there are these settings I can turn off or alter.
1). What setting do I change to disable ALL REPUTATION CHANGES(+ or -) to ships who weren't deployed in combat?
2). How do I increase the ratio of good to bad traits? Should I change the multiplier of damagetaken to .5 and damagegiven to 1.5? Even with level 20 officers and d-modless ships I can't seem to get mostly good traits(Combat rating is really hard to get with big fleet battles).
3). Is there a way to increase the speed of losing reputation? Mothballing 30 days for each reputation is a bit long.

Please let me know. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 07:14:18 PM by Jester »

krisslanza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 04, 2019, 07:29:10 PM »

First things first, I think you're doing amazing work bringing this mod to the community. Its really a robust and unique system for us to become more attached to our officers & crews. Thank you for your work.

That being said, I would like to ask if there are these settings I can turn off or alter.
1). What setting do I change to disable ALL REPUTATION CHANGES(+ or -) to ships who weren't deployed in combat?
2). How do I increase the ratio of good to bad traits? Should I change the multiplier of damagetaken to .5 and damagegiven to 1.5? Even with level 20 officers and d-modless ships I can't seem to get mostly good traits(Combat rating is really hard to get with big fleet battles).
3). Is there a way to increase the speed of losing reputation? Mothballing 30 days for each reputation is a bit long.

Please let me know. Thanks again!

I'm trying to figure out #2 myself (beyond just turning off bad traits), but for #3 I got you covered! In the STARSHIP_LEGENDS_OPTIONS look for this:
"daysMothballedPerTraitToResetReputation":30, # A ship must remain mothballed (in or out of storage) for a consecutive number of days to lose it's reputation

;)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 81