Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1125452 times)

Haka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks
« Reply #1635 on: March 10, 2024, 11:54:52 AM »

Legio system is very much intended to be a fortress, being a boss lair and all, and using the IndEvo defenses is my preferred avenue for that since, unlike planetary shields and the like, it offers more interactive counterplay rather than just boosting the stats of planets further etc.

And "making players suffer" is just a general design aspect of Legio being intended as a dedicated challenging OpFor, which is why it's optional in its entirety.
I mean I was trying to do a Blackwatch run when I found out, as before .97 I had taken IndEvo out of my modlists only recently putting it back.

I used it before in previous versions, and pre-lunalib just changed the files to stop them from spawning after several playthrough with them and the novelty wore off. Makes sense that I avoided Rubicon like the plague because I like living.

On the topic of "suffering", in that context I agree 100%. I enjoy Legio for its intended purpose as a superboss. I think the notion for more counterplay is good design of course, and the artillery satisfies that. Its completely in my personal case, "Space Artillery" doesn't make sense (logistically and physics) to use against a mobile fleet. The exception is Missile artillery, which personally, if I could make it all missile across the sector I would have it in the game, which would be done via IndEvo, and I asked about it there already.

I remember seeing that you call the artillery spawns directly in the files for each type (and appreciate the variety), but I also I 100% understand and agree that making an option for all missile falls into the realm of "not feasible" because you'd potentially be filling requests until the end of time instead of working on what you want, or spend all your time making your work as granular as possible instead of, well, making your work. That's on top of worrying about bugfixs, testing, and dealing end users blaming your mod on something that's clearly in the rest of their mod list, which can be infuriating.

Putting superbosses and extra challenges into games is something i'm all about, and "making players suffer" at the hands of a superboss faction, well, if you're not suffering at all while enjoying the challenge, then its not a challenge so i'm 100% happy with that.

I think they are referring to the fact that if you disable artilleries/minefields in the indevo settings, the ones in Rubicon still spawn regardless.

Ah, okay, I could look into that maybe. Hadn't considered there being an IndEvo toggle for that

Yes, exactly. This is what I was asking about. Thank you, maybe.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 12:43:22 PM by Haka »

SolariumOnTheMoon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: March 10, 2024, 03:04:13 PM »

I am playing with the mod in 0.97a.  After one renaming of a "normal" graphics file is running well on linux. The only issue is that I have found the rosenritten capital vessel but the blueprint spawn is not happening. Can I force it to happen?

If you have Console commands installed you can force spawn the BPs. The other way is to go edit the campaign.xml file.

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: March 10, 2024, 03:33:29 PM »

I am playing with the mod in 0.97a.  After one renaming of a "normal" graphics file is running well on linux. The only issue is that I have found the rosenritten capital vessel but the blueprint spawn is not happening. Can I force it to happen?
There's two capitals that spawn as derelicts. Only the carrier one gives BPs, and eventually the general location of the other one. You can still find the other one though without finding the carrier if you are lucky.

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: March 10, 2024, 03:36:18 PM »

I've mentioned this on Discord before, but it would be cool if the Rosenritter stuff both got a balance pass and also given the AA treatment where you can swap arm units around.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: March 10, 2024, 07:37:37 PM »

There's two capitals that spawn as derelicts. Only the carrier one gives BPs, and eventually the general location of the other one. You can still find the other one though without finding the carrier if you are lucky.

Does the one with the blueprints always inhabit a
Spoiler
black hole system
[close]
?

GeeGold

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: March 10, 2024, 07:59:22 PM »

when update for 0.97a r11 even scalartech solution is not up to date :'(

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: March 10, 2024, 08:19:18 PM »

when update for 0.97a r11 even scalartech solution is not up to date :'(

Fortunately both this and ScalarTech work if you manually change their version to 0.97.  I believe Nia said she has a lot going "in the oven" for one or both of these mods so that's likely why it's taking a bit.

Astrefernal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: March 11, 2024, 03:01:34 PM »

Spoiler
black hole system
[close]
?

I always found mine in one, so I'd say yeah.

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: March 11, 2024, 03:18:16 PM »

Spoiler
black hole system
[close]
?
Yes

Kulverstukass

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: March 13, 2024, 08:41:11 AM »

Scoralis bomber wing hella love to drop double package of its torpedoes, despite having limited ammo (1)
Carrier has no system to increase amount of fighters or anything like this, game doesn't take into account "+1 in the barrel" towards ammo capacity, isn't it?  ;D
Also, such double launch isn't guaranteed, but i've seen, with 3 wing-bombers that two could double-tap, or one, or none, stuff weird, maybe that 1s delay to refire is too soon?
Imagine double tap with reapers?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/rLPjbsR
Buckle up for broken english vocabulary, comrade!

ProdigyToby

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: March 13, 2024, 05:43:44 PM »

I really like the rosenritter aspect of this pack, especially when paired with Arma armature.  Why are they so slow though?  The two prints I found gave me ships that were 60 base speed?  Thats basically a cruiser speed.  I really wish they were faster, these things cant catch anything and its kind of odd to see that when they are supposed to be, you know, "mobile" armors right.  Maybe they arent mobile armors?  I dont know but Im not really seeing why I would use it instead of a regular cruiser or something to be honest, they are so slow.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: March 13, 2024, 05:47:26 PM »

I really like the rosenritter aspect of this pack, especially when paired with Arma armature.  Why are they so slow though?  The two prints I found gave me ships that were 60 base speed?  Thats basically a cruiser speed.  I really wish they were faster, these things cant catch anything and its kind of odd to see that when they are supposed to be, you know, "mobile" armors right.  Maybe they arent mobile armors?  I dont know but Im not really seeing why I would use it instead of a regular cruiser or something to be honest, they are so slow.

Which Rosenritter ships are you referring to being slow?

Darrow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: March 14, 2024, 09:00:51 AM »

Could just spawn the ship in manually no?

Use console command mod, List Ships, Addship >

Not sure if thatll still trigger the auto research though

Konturga

• Commander
  • Talk is cheap, but they never said it was free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: March 14, 2024, 10:57:21 PM »

This one still remains as one of my more favored mods here. I came for the ships, but the dynamics of the factions included in this one really set it aside from other mods. I remember doing a run ending with my fleet consisting almost entirely of Legio ships at one point, and there's really nothing quite like them.
It's easier surrounded by seas,
A simple safety, Without regrets,
Until the thoughts arrive as the sun sets,
Basking the world in twilight,
As cracks in the clouds bleed golden skylight,
They seem so far away.

ThatsMyFootThanks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: March 16, 2024, 04:14:55 AM »

This mod doesn't seem to be working with the current version of the game. At least, it doesn't allow me to activate it in the mod list of the game. (Current version 0.97a-RC11)
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112