Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 112

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1125528 times)

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks
« Reply #1590 on: January 17, 2024, 06:52:33 PM »

Well done, Nia Tahl, with this excellent mod. I love how brutally mean Legio Infernalis is. Finally, I feel challenged, and, frankly, afraid. I will have to make a new save and play a bit nicer with them. I stole back one of the planets they conquered, by the skin of my teeth, and paid the price ever since. Lesson learned!

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 17, 2024, 07:04:54 PM »

Well done, Nia Tahl, with this excellent mod. I love how brutally mean Legio Infernalis is. Finally, I feel challenged, and, frankly, afraid. I will have to make a new save and play a bit nicer with them. I stole back one of the planets they conquered, by the skin of my teeth, and paid the price ever since. Lesson learned!

And they used to be even more terrifying before they got nerfed!

FabriX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 18, 2024, 02:32:13 PM »

Nice mod apart the special bounty "Legio Rising" that is totally broken and pratically unbeatable without assets from OP mods.
Not the faction, only the bounty.
I had to rebalance it to have a fair fight even with a quintuple Ordos capable late game fleet.
"Standard" Legio invasions and raids were very doable and enjoiable even with less capable fleets.
The most broken aspect is the ridiculous low dp points per ship.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 18, 2024, 03:08:29 PM »

Nice mod apart the special bounty "Legio Rising" that is totally broken and pratically unbeatable without assets from OP mods.
Not the faction, only the bounty.
I had to rebalance it to have a fair fight even with a quintuple Ordos capable late game fleet.
"Standard" Legio invasions and raids were very doable and enjoiable even with less capable fleets.
The most broken aspect is the ridiculous low dp points per ship.

I don't think it's remotely impossible without OP mods but the fight does require strategies that no vanilla encounters really require.  I know there's even an in-game tip suggesting to allow weaker Legio ships to live in order to not free up DP as quickly for heavier reinforcements.

FabriX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 19, 2024, 11:09:41 AM »

It is broken becouse it exploits the DP mechanic to give them almost 2 to 1 advantage during combat.
This scales up horribly when you play with high battle sizes (i'm on 800). On top, the Hel variants (which compose 69/70 of the fleet I've encountered) are impressive and very powerful ships.

In this scenario, I've found the bounty impossible to beat whatever the fleet I can assemble in my "fair" modded playthrough (50+ mods).
Without the DP bonus (via savegame and mod editing), it was still a very hard fight, harder than quintuple Remnant Ordos battles.

Probably it is less broken if you play with very low battle sizes.

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 19, 2024, 11:25:10 AM »

The large battlesize in your game might be the reason why it's so difficult. Daemon ships have their DP count halved on purpose when in their faction's hands. So the larger your battlesize is, the more likely you are to end up with an absurdly large daemon fleet.

Personally, I see it as quite similar to other mechanics, like S-mod scaling to prevent the player from having an unfair advantage over a bounty fleet that's meant to be challenging.

AnXel LG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 19, 2024, 10:33:14 PM »

It is broken becouse it exploits the DP mechanic to give them almost 2 to 1 advantage during combat.
This scales up horribly when you play with high battle sizes (i'm on 800). On top, the Hel variants (which compose 69/70 of the fleet I've encountered) are impressive and very powerful ships.

In this scenario, I've found the bounty impossible to beat whatever the fleet I can assemble in my "fair" modded playthrough (50+ mods).
Without the DP bonus (via savegame and mod editing), it was still a very hard fight, harder than quintuple Remnant Ordos battles.

Probably it is less broken if you play with very low battle sizes.

Have you tried building a Spindle Phase Strike Group?  Legio Toasters are vulnerable to ION DAMAGE, which steals their mobility and the Spindle (Scalar Tech) phase destroyers keep them busy while the absolutely murderous Percale Phase Cruiser (your flagship) assasinates them one by one with none of them the wiser. They cannot kill that which they cannot hit
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 10:37:25 PM by AnXel LG »

Fonfon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 22, 2024, 05:29:34 AM »

I have a question about Metafalicas' ability to change ammo type in Phira: shock cannons change dmg type do energy and increase overall dmg by 20% and impact driver makes it kinetic type dmg but decrease overall dmg by 15%? Am I understanging it correctly? If so why would I ever use Impact Drivers over Shock Cannons?

PS.: Great mod btw :)

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 22, 2024, 09:32:17 AM »

I have a question about Metafalicas' ability to change ammo type in Phira: shock cannons change dmg type do energy and increase overall dmg by 20% and impact driver makes it kinetic type dmg but decrease overall dmg by 15%? Am I understanging it correctly? If so why would I ever use Impact Drivers over Shock Cannons?

kinetic damage deals double damage to shields; even with the damage loss they're still much more effective vs shielded targets

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 25, 2024, 01:59:21 PM »

Do you want to play a game with Legio Infernalis, but with close to zero Tahlan ships in most other faction fleets? Do you want to play a game with all the Kassadar weapons and hulls disabled? If so, I can provide you with my .faction and .CSV files to replace (drag and drop). I made a bunch of edits to them, took about 15-20 minutes. Seems to work so far.

I just wanted to play a vanilla-friendly game with pretty much only Legio Infernalis - not the huge amounts of non-vanilla ships. No insult to the creator, as I've greatly enjoyed playing with those before.

Posting this to save someone the trouble of making tons of .faction and .CSV edits, if anyone is interested.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 27, 2024, 01:17:56 AM »

Does anyone know if Legio ever has bar NPCs that sell production slots that allow you to purchase any of the Hel type fighter LPCs?  Or is scavenging the wrecks of Legio fleets the only way to acquire those?

unlitoutsource

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 27, 2024, 10:29:55 AM »

Hello,

I just reported a bug for one of your other mods, Scalartech Solutions: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18845.msg422861#msg422861

The same bug applies to Tahlan Shipworks, as well. The mod fails to load on linux.

Thx & Regards,

P.S. similarly to Scalartech Solutions, I forked your github repo and made the changes. However, for the Tahlan Shipworks gh repo, gh strangely does not let me make a Pull Request. Perhaps you could import the branch having my fixes, it is on gh https://github.com/wararjey/tahlan-shipworks/tree/filenames
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 09:09:59 AM by unlitoutsource »

fecdan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: February 09, 2024, 12:50:30 PM »

Hi, running into some bug here. Every time I tried to use Manannan I exploded and killed everything on the map. Almost like a supernova went off anyone just die (including me). I can't figure out what triggered this.

Still can't figure this out  :-\

It worked fine in SIM but not in a real fight.

It happened to me, too. But only Autopilot with AI can trigger that, I control the ship and launch the mananan missile myself won't make a super big explosion like that.

Very confusing. Wish somebody could help me out. 

Bob1886

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: February 19, 2024, 03:07:53 PM »

I keep having the same error happen when I try to enable this mod, it can’t find the legio fleet neutral music, anybody know how to fix it?

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: February 19, 2024, 04:47:47 PM »

Have you tried re-downloading the mod? From what I've seen, the game telling you a music file is missing often indicates the file got corrupted on the way.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 112