Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Do sold items ever disappear?  (Read 1978 times)

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Do sold items ever disappear?
« on: January 04, 2019, 07:34:17 PM »

After salvaging some expensive things, I've been wondering whether I should sell them or store them. I'd like the cash, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to buy them back if I ever need them. Like, some ship blueprint was worth 300.000c.

I think I've seen at least some items stay, but is it true for any/all of them? Also, I thought of maybe buying out all weapons I come across and selling them on one planet so I could conveniently refit my ships there.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Do sold items ever disappear?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 07:38:16 PM »

I do believe they disappear if you sell them to the black market. I haven't sold enough to normal market to be sure, but i think they stick around there.

Though with the tariffs unless you're really hurting for credits right now i'd recommend against selling them. It's like a very high interest loan. Admittedly 1 time interest so not really interest, but i'm sure you get my meaning.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 07:47:09 PM »

I generally prefer selling excess junk than putting them in colony resources or jettisoning them in deep space, since my colonies produce just about everything they need and I almost never get a shortage.

However, if you think you might need them later or your colony may get a shortage, dump them in colony resources or storage.

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 08:19:06 PM »

I do believe they disappear if you sell them to the black market. I haven't sold enough to normal market to be sure, but i think they stick around there.

Though with the tariffs unless you're really hurting for credits right now i'd recommend against selling them. It's like a very high interest loan. Admittedly 1 time interest so not really interest, but i'm sure you get my meaning.
I'm not too concerned with the cost of buying it back, because money is easy enough to get. 300k early is worth more than millions later. I just don't know how rare or replaceable some items are, or in case of making a super refit station, whether that'll even work. What if I sell the blueprint, and later realize that it's actually really hard to find?

Baxter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 10:34:17 PM »

Just use up any blueprints you find to add them to your own collection. If it's a common one you'll find spares you can sell and if it's rare then it's usually a good ship so you'll want it. You'll make plenty of money from salvaging other crap or doing bounty missions.

In terms of rare-ish loot that's safe to sell, Gamma cores can be turned into the commander of military markets for money and a reputation reward.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 12:18:39 AM »

they will stay permanently ever inside black market, if black market already "know" said blueprint.

player owned "open market" do reset, in most cases instantly and you can't buyback anything at all, items just disappear without trace.