Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RFE: Refit screen; List currently mounted weapon in weapon list drop-down  (Read 3237 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile

When viewing the list of available weapons to place in a weapon mount the currently mounted weapon is only shown in the list if you have another in your cargo.

A typical use-case when browsing the dropdown list of possible weapons to put in a weapon mount is to compare their stats.
If you have only one of the currently mounted weapon, this becomes impossible. (without first dismounting the weapon)

I suggest that the drop-down list should contain:
eligible weapons from your cargo hold + the currently mounted weapon (if any).

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile

Seconded. This is a great suggestion. I say this precisely b/c I do the same thing, haha.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Temjin

• Captain
    • View Profile

Thirded. Simple and useful.

spider wisdom

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I couldn't find any updates on this after a quick search. Are Alex and the team aware of it? I would hope it's a relatively easy fix.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile

I dunno if they've seen it. And just because we like it doesn't mean they will, haha.

You CAN mouseover the current weapon and get the info. It's only slightly tedious to have to do that.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Right, yes, I've seen this. I think the mouseover tooltip for the currently mounted weapon helps for the time being (not with the comparison use case, but at least with seeing the stats without un-mounting). There'll be further improvements to the refit UI, though, and this could well be one of them.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile

Whoooo! Thanks Alex!

Guess it helps to remember that he probably sees everything in the forums even if he doesn't have time to reply.
- Voltaire