Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hegemony AI Inspection?!  (Read 14841 times)

LeopoldStotch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Hegemony AI Inspection?!
« on: November 24, 2018, 04:53:49 AM »

They just took all my cores. All of them. And my fleet stood by and does nothing?

I've been at war with them for a long time and they can just come to my planet and take my ***?

*EDIT*: Nvm, I had to manually set them to resist. For others afflicted: It's under colony threats, right bar.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:56:41 AM by LeopoldStotch »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Hegemony AI Inspection?!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 06:58:12 AM »

In my case they destroyed the colony by disrupting every industry. Apparently 'allow the inspection' means 'allow them to saturation bomb the planet'. Its a first time play through trap and not much else.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 08:04:13 AM »

In my case they destroyed the colony by disrupting every industry. Apparently 'allow the inspection' means 'allow them to saturation bomb the planet'. Its a first time play through trap and not much else.
If I allowed an inspection and they nuke the planet like that, I would declare war on Hegemony and fight until they are wiped out and purged from the sector.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 08:12:14 AM »

As in my game Hegemony is only peaceful faction to me i pay off the inspectors every time - it is worth it and still long way to go until it hits max pay. Why they never send fleets because of market share i dont know - maybe because of friendly reputation with them at 75/100.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 08:17:59 AM »

If I allowed an inspection and they nuke the planet like that, I would declare war on Hegemony and fight until they are wiped out and purged from the sector.

I MAY have saturation bombed Chiocomoztoc in retaliation... :P

I do wish I could diplomacy through force enemy factions. "I am currently in orbit over your capital, have wrecked your fleets and destroyed your star base. If you send me tribute and STOP **** INVADING I will refrain from glassing this planet."

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 08:35:37 AM »

You can reduce factions to almost nothing without saturation bombing. Normal tactical bombardment + raid every facility into disruption for a year + confiscate stuff like Synchrotrones or Nanoforges (who is doing inspections now?). Lower population worlds will decivilize later on their own.
Factions will still try sending expeditions, but with 'weak' or so expected strength.

Though diplomacy by force option would be nice.

Hydra7-1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 07:51:31 PM »

So for the inspections you can 1, pay them off, 2 go back and remove the cores although they will disrupt your industries because they know there were cores in use, or 3 tell you fleets to fight them and resist inspection instead of allowing it.