Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Inability to complete procurement contracts with factions.  (Read 4009 times)

sinani210

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Inability to complete procurement contracts with factions.
« on: November 23, 2018, 07:36:07 PM »

https://imgur.com/a/DppKR3l

As you can see, I'm having problems completing procurement contracts. I know I posted earlier about this same thing on Lu'men, but I updated the mod and the change log says that was fixed. Even more confusingly though, I don't seem to be able to complete one with the Luddich Church despite the fact that I just completed two other procurement contracts 3 days ago. Does anyone know what's up? I'm not convinced it's entirely a mod issue since it is affecting a vanilla faction as well.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Inability to complete procurement contracts with factions.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 08:11:09 PM »

Um .... just read the description game gave you.
"Turn off the transponder"

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

sinani210

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 08:17:34 PM »

Tried that. Didn't help any of the three times this has happened to me despite the fact that there are no fleets around.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 08:28:07 PM »

Is there a patrol either pursuing, or searching for, your fleet?
Or have you recently blown up a fleet aligned to the station within its vicinity?

sinani210

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 08:38:22 PM »

No to all of the above.

torbes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 09:00:28 PM »

Did you leave for a bit after you turned your transponder off? They will "remember" if you just stay right next to them and toggle on/off.

sinani210

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 09:07:19 PM »

I did, but what I still don't understand is why I am under suspicion anyways. I just completed two different procurement contracts there with no issue, and didn't engage in any combat between the completion of those two and the attempted completion of this one. As you can see, I'm not suspicious with them so I don't see why I would get this message in the first place.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 01:24:27 AM »

The procurement contracts are not necessarily above board.

That is, if you're selling to the space-mafia this time, -they- may not WANT you to come in with your transponders on, or even with your transponders off so recently that the port still knows exactly who you are.

So even if you can dock no trouble, the people you're delivering to (even if it's legal goods, the people getting those goods might not be!) may simply want you to go away for a bit and sneak back in for nefarious reasons?

sinani210

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 11:37:01 PM »

I don't think that's the case. The message specifically implies that I'm on the wrong side of the authorities with the statement: "Why would someone on the wrong side of the [station's] authorities want to get in touch with me?" Despite that though, I am at least neutral with the factions that run those stations which is the part I don't understand. They imply that it's my relationship with the faction that is the problem, but I am not negative with any of them, and in the Luddic Church's case have docked and completed procurement contracts at that station before.

Both of these contracts had the operating within the knowledge of the authorities statement, so I think they were both above ground. Given that, I don't see why I should need to sneak in.

sinani210

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 05:33:41 PM »

Going to give this 1 bump to see if anyone can definitively say what went wrong here.