Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Significant number of planets surveyed found to have "nothing of interest"  (Read 1125 times)

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account

I was exploring a star system, surveying planets, and found 5 planets in a row to have "nothing of interest," no environmental modifiers, no ores or other resources, etc. I am unsure if this is a randomly generated star system or not, as it is right at the boundary of the core worlds.

Save file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wEa-AVCawI9HTHLotab6mqE3bcx_6pOs

Sorry about my post on the nebula bug, I'll try to make sure to make sure potential bugs I find haven't already been reported/ solved before posting my own thread.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
Re: Significant number of planets surveyed found to have "nothing of interest"
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 11:50:23 AM »

The system is Penepole's star, it does appear to be a handcrafted system. It makes sense for these unpopulated core worlds to be somewhat devoid of resources, but even "Thrinakia," a molten world close to the star, lacks modifiers such as "extreme heat" or "tectonic activity."
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 12:00:23 PM »

Scripted worlds are all devoid of modifiers which I assume is an oversight. At the very least they should have things like "no atmosphere", "low gravity", etc.

Also Derinkuyu has no modifiers/resources either. You would think a mining base would at least have metal.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 12:01:28 PM »

Ah, yep, that looks like a bug. I think it came up in another thread since it's already on my list but I don't think it was reported here. In any case, I appreciate the report! Would rather have duplicates than have an issue go unreported :)