Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: An assortment of thoughts  (Read 6314 times)

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
Re: An assortment of thoughts
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 08:54:32 AM »

I have tried light assault guns  on the front to augment grav beams. They work pretty well actually.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 08:56:59 AM »

Really? I did not know that you could overload longer or shorter based on the weapon used... I thought it was a set amount?

factotum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 09:30:18 AM »

Really? I did not know that you could overload longer or shorter based on the weapon used... I thought it was a set amount?

It's definitely not always the same, even for the same ship, but I don't know how the overload time is actually calculated. Would be interesting to know for those occasions when the overload seems to last forever!

(Mind you, overload is one of my least favourite parts of the game anyway...it just isn't fun when you have absolutely no control over your ship and you're being pounded into dust with no way to escape. I'd rather "overload" just blew out all your weapons, because at least you could still try to escape!).

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 10:02:27 AM »

Engines come back first, and usually pretty quickly.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 10:22:07 AM »

I believe it's based on the damage of the hit that overloaded you.  So, if you overload from machinegun hits (low per-shot damage), the overload won't last long, while if you overload from a sabot SRM or torpedo (high per-shot damage), the overload will stay for quite a while.

...And I don't think overload shuts down your engines?  At least, I can't recall it doing that.  Of course, if you're running away and your shields go down, then your engines might just get disabled too, but that's not a function of overload.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 10:36:26 AM »

I don't recall overload shutting down engines, which when I overload the AI's frigate it is super annoying...

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 11:29:58 AM »

I thought they flashed out for a second or so. could be wrong, though.  (shrug)

I forgot to mention that one of the BIG reasons I like the hammerhead is b/c it's so dang affordable.  :D
- Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2]