Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9a] Crew understrength (not a bug)  (Read 1210 times)

Noxxys

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.9a] Crew understrength (not a bug)
« on: November 19, 2018, 11:55:51 AM »

I had 3 ships and more than enough crew. I bought a "militarized sub-system" module for my Buffalo Mk. II destroyer, to remove the civilian-grade hull penalties, and now I'm in this weird situation:
- the UI says I have 100/110 crew
- the UI also says I have 100/100 crew
- my destroyer has 73/80 crew, and my 2 other ships, 14/15 and 13/15.

So it seems I have no way to have enough crew after installing this mod.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:31:10 PM by Noxxys »

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Crew understrength bug
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 01:57:35 PM »

The militarized sub-systems hullmod increases crew required by 100% but does not increase how much crew your ships actually hold. An unmodified Buffalo MKII requires 40 crew and can hold 40. Both the Wolf and the Shepard can each hold 30 for a total of 60 which brings your maximum crew to 100.

100/110 tells you how much crew you have versus what your ships need to function while the 100/100 tells you how much crew you can hold without penalties.

The Buffalo with the hullmod requires 80 while the Wolf and the Shepard both require 15 for a total 110 which your ships combined is incapable of holding.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:12:11 PM by Piemanlives »
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Noxxys

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Crew understrength (not a bug)
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 02:30:31 PM »

Ah thanks, I missed that. It's not a bug then.

Drone_Fragger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 03:04:21 PM »

Not a bug, but somewhat interesting that a ship apparently needs more crew than it contains the space for...

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 03:18:53 PM »

Not a bug, but somewhat interesting that a ship apparently needs more crew than it contains the space for...
Not unprecedented, the Salvage Rig can hold a grand total of 2 crew members while requiring 20 for normal operations. I would suspect that they rotate and transfer over by shuttle and everyone is assigned their own 2 foot operating space to keep the thing afloat.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.