Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9a-RC10] Can't attack Lumen-only Remnant fleets  (Read 724 times)

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
[0.9a-RC10] Can't attack Lumen-only Remnant fleets
« on: November 21, 2018, 06:33:46 PM »

I can't attack Remnant drone fleets with only Lumen-class droneships (with phase skimmers) that sometimes exist in systems with low-level warning beacons. They'll never actively attack me and stay listed as "dormant", however if I try to attack them they always retreat (and never assist each other) and unless they have a ship with slower than 140 base speed (such as one with a degraded engines d-mod) the "Pursue them" option is always greyed out even when I have SO Lashers and Wolves in my fleet. I can only "Let them go" or "Harry their retreat", and even if I harry their retreat over and over until their CR drops to 0 the "Pursue them" option is still greyed out.

Example where I have a fleet of only frigates, harried them until their CR was 0, and still can't pursue them:
Spoiler
[close]

Another example where I have a fleet with destroyers and cruisers in it as well as the frigates, but I can pursue them because one of the ships isn't a Lumen:
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 06:35:59 PM by RedHellion »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a-RC10] Can't attack Lumen-only Remnant fleets
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 10:10:49 PM »

I believe the ability to do the Pursue option is linked to Burn speed.  If all enemy ships have a faster burn speed than all your ships, then the enemy fleet can't be caught.  The Degraded Engines d-mod reduces the Burn speed, so that lets your ships catch up.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:12:31 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a-RC10] Can't attack Lumen-only Remnant fleets
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 10:32:37 PM »

Hm. Possibly. If so, that would be nice to have as an addition to the tooltip or something to make it explicit - that it's burn speed rather than top combat speed.