Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.9]Colony under constant-endless attack, not expeditions, is this normal?...  (Read 7337 times)

Mike020389

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello, made an account just to report this.

My colony is under constant un-ending attack, ever since I founded it it's been under attack though that was from expeditions.
Now it's just random damn fleets showing up, all they do is sit in orbit and blockage the *** planet, 8+ fleets with tons of capital ships that I have no bloody hell in chance of beating.

Is this normal? What the hell is going on?

Sorry if I sound a little upset, it's truly infuriating and makes me not want to play, it's not fun and I'd bet it's not fair as well, I certainly won't bother founding any new colonies, that's for sure.

https://imgur.com/gADN9QR
https://imgur.com/9e8fzZB
https://imgur.com/mQ1Ppqt

That... every single time, they won't leave, they will not die and I can't reach my planet to access my storage/stash...
Fun fun fun... please tell me this is not intentional.

If there's anything I need to upload or mention that's important please let me know.

Edit:

I made a Reddit thread here with additional information, here's a quick copy/paste:

* I'm not at war with any factions except the Remnant, Pirates and Ludac Terrorists.
    * Those are NOT expedition fleets.
    * My reputation with Hegemony is 55 or more in the positive and they're the ones who've sent more than 50+ fleets at me, the rest are in the range of -3 neutral to +10 positive (except pirates),
    * I had high end fleets defending (usually 3 large ones plus pickets), every upgrade on the colony went to getting the biggest defence fleet in response to the constant attacks,
       an average large fleet had 1 Onslaught, 2 Conquests, 8 Cruisers, 8 Destroyers, 2 Carriers, 10 Frigates and around 8 wings of fighters/bombers, most ships had 0 manufacturing defects, including the capitals and they had competent commanders.
    * I swear for every fleet they destroyed 2-3 more would show up a week later, as time went by more and more fleets showed up, eventually my tier 3 starbase and all fleets were overwhelmed,
       they just sit in orbit doing *** nothing, starbase is disabled and HQ as well so no more defence fleets either... as if they had a chance 1v3 to begin with.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 01:57:59 PM by Mike020389 »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

If there's no expedition in progress, then that really sounds like a bug, possibly related to ground defenses repulsing the fleets and then them getting stuck trying to raid and failing but not leaving. I haven't yet been able to investigate this much, but certainly literally non-stop attacks are not intended; the goal is some significant downtime between raids and similar. My apologies :)

Could you send me a copy of your save so I can have a closer look?

fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

Mike020389

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thanks for replying, I'll send the save ASAP, one just outside the system and one right next to the fleets.

I've had expeditions to my colony, about 10 and I fought them all off but those random task force fleets just keep showing up for some reason and they attack me on sight as well, I'm neutral or friendly with all major factions except pirates and terrorists.

Except the first year or two of the colony there has NEVER been downtime in the system, every time I entered there were Hegomony, Ditak, Church, Persean or Pirate fleets roaming around killing my fleets or being killed themselves when they were manageable, the system has been a constant warzone as long as the colony has existed.

I don't think any fleet has managed to raid my colony, I did everything in power to prevent this happening but eventually my HQ was disabled, I have no idea how as the defense station was still working, my guess was the Ludac cells, however I paid money to stabilize the colony, for the most part the stability never went below 7 and that's with a free port which I tried disabling to no avail.

https://imgur.com/a/tOcdgC9 - Thats what it looks like right now, I had to reload right after taking the screenshot, my pirate Falcon, 4 Heron carriers, Gryphon missile cruiser and Wolf frigate had no chance against... that...

Anywho, I'll get on those saves right now and e-mail them.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 02:17:24 PM by Mike020389 »

Mike020389

• Ensign
    • View Profile

@Alex

Alrightly, saves are sent.

Assuming this is a definite bug, should I abandon this playthrough and start another?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmm, that's up to whether you think you can clean it out or not.

Thank you for sending the save! Lots of things for me to look at, but this will definitely help a lot when I'm able to dig into this one.

Mike020389

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Clear them out?

Not a chance, they keep coming, they just keep on coming endlessly, for every fleet I destroy they're back within a week, sometimes less.

They attack my fleets on sight, they attack me on sight despite being neutral or friendly with them.

I can't win a 20 on 1 fight when they respawn endlessly... guess I answered my own question, the playthrough is over, or at very least the colony is effectively lost, sucks that I stored so much of my stuff on it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 02:50:40 PM by Mike020389 »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Took a quick look, I don't think they actually respawn. If you were to run the game in dev mode and just hold down F12 during the fight to destroy the enemy ships, you *might* be able to recover your save, though cleaning out that many fleets would certainly be very annoying.

The culprit appears to be having too-strong ground defenses; if you do start another save, I'd recommend focusing on orbital defenses and a military base, to defeat the expeditions in orbit and avoid getting mired down in this scenario.

Thank you again for sending the save, and again, my apologies!

Mike020389

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I thought they weren't meant to attack besides via expeditions? Remember that those are not expedition fleets iirc, I always received prompts that they were defeated, so why are there so many fleets in my system?

Do you know why those fleets are there? The task force fleets, are they bugged?  If they know they can't win the ground fight why are they not going away, I spent 10 minutes IRL trying to find a way to get to the colony to retrieve my stuff to no avail.

At very least if you know how this happens, can I (hopefully) assume this will be fixed whenever the next hotfix or patch comes out? I'm hesitant to start a new playthrough in fear that this will happen again, I deliberately focused on making the colony as fortified as possible so I could go on expeditions, never thought I'd inadvertently doom the colony instead...  :(

Edit: Whenever one of my fleets spawn the 10+ fleets gank them then return to orbit and just sit there... they've sat in orbit now for a full month as I watched them, new fleets ARE arriving, 3 Tri-Tachyon fleets joined them now, they're not fighting each other, that's the issue, if I defeat the fleets they gradually return like the Tri-Tachyon one's did, there was an expedition on route yes, unless the expedition is 4 separate fleets then those other fleets are coming from somewhere.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 03:32:33 PM by Mike020389 »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

These look like they're leftovers from expeditions, bugged out due to an issue caused by the expedition being defeated by ground defenses. They should indeed just go away but they don't.

To be very clear, this is definitely bugged and something I'll fix for the .1 release.

Mike020389

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Alright, one last thing I'd like to clarify, can an expedition consist of more than 1 fleet?  Can 4 fleets separated by days apart count as one 'expedition'? Or are they always sent as a single fleet?

Reason I ask is because while I was watching the fleets in silent mode waiting for an opening, I noticed 4 Tri-Tachyon fleets arrive like the rest and just sit in orbit with the rest of them, it should happen in the saves I sent as well after a month of sitting there or so, an expedition was on route yes but all the ones I'd fought off myself up to that point were single fleets, back before I had decent orbital defenses that could fend for themselves. :3

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's possible, in fact most expeditions will have multiple fleets. It's also possible their arrival might be staggered, especially if some of the fleets ended up fighting something in hyper near the system. Generally, they'd all jump in-system within a day or so, though.

They're supposed to only have one fleet do an actual raid of the planet, which would cause all of them - the raider, and the other ones - to leave.

Mike020389

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I see, well thanks for confirming.

I've decided to start a new playthrough with a few newly updated mods, I spent 3 months looking for an opening to land and get my most valuable possessions back and saw no opportunities sadly, they just ganked anything that spawned and wouldn't leave.

In the next playthrough I'll focus only on orbital defenses, I just hope the ground defense doesn't get to high via natural means like the population increasing, I mean it was an amazing planet which is why I thought they had it out for me but I never thought it was due to having too much defense (plus every notification told me the expeditions failed in space, that's why I'm confused those fleets are still there, according to the notifications they have NEVER breached the orbital defenses, I thought my HQ got knocked out by the Ludac terrorist cell, no one has ever raided Will-o-wisp to my knowledge).

Oh well, cheers again and good luck with 1.0, despite this bug I still love the game and look forward to 1.0, take your time and remember to take it easy, cheers!

Regards,
Mike.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 03:59:18 PM by Mike020389 »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you, I appreciate your understanding!

ce-net

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm not sure but I think I am having the same problem.
I defeated all of the expeditions that attacked, but their massive fleets seem to linger.

https://imgur.com/a/V0XeDAx

My planet also had excellent ground defenses.
Unfortunately this basically kills the planet because it becomes unreachable.

One solution is to always fight expeditions manually.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 05:20:00 PM by ce-net »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, this looks like the same issue.
Pages: [1] 2