Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: a building for your faction to 100% process in-system debris fields  (Read 869 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

see title. Founded a colony in a cleared out redacted system, and it's heinous with debris fields that I don't want to sit and salvage all the scrap metal out of just to make them go away.
And it occurred to me that my colony requires scrap metal, and there's so much of it that I'm not willing to touch it just floating in clouds all over the place.

also it'd let you get metal for your colony without needing two different industries and incurring a drug demand (if that's important to you)
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: a building for your faction to 100% process in-system debris fields
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 07:09:47 PM »

Expeditions produce an obscene amount of salvage. I don't know how balanced this would be. But colonies could automatically do this, without a building, and with an efficiency penalty. As long as the colony is spaceworthy, you can imagine fleets going for the easy pickins.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: a building for your faction to 100% process in-system debris fields
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 08:41:30 PM »

i honestly don't even really want them to actually turn the fields into commodities as if a player used them. Being drastically, heinously under-efficiency -- like producing a mine's worth of metal but only while a field is getting work, would be fine with me. I just don't want these debris fields being here permanently.
Just give me a broom, Alex!
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then