Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: [0.96a] LowTech Armada  (Read 293238 times)

Noobishnoob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] LowTech Armada
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2022, 07:41:22 AM »

So I was busy raiding Tech duinn and then it got decivilized, any way to colonize this? Industrial evolution or terraforming (cant remember which) allowed us to colonize stations but that doesnt work for tech duinn since its in hyperspace so just looking to see if anyone got a way to get either an AI or someone to colonize it?

Kaiser282

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2022, 05:53:58 AM »

What does it mean "masterversionfile":"Unavailiable", ? it seems to not be loading the mod when I try to use it. Do I need to change something in a file to get it to load?

Aceje88

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2022, 08:21:29 AM »

Same issue here as previous poster and would like a response from the modmaker so we can maybe get this fixed or if its something simple we can do ourselves.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2022, 09:29:05 AM »

Do you have Lazylib and Magiclib?

In fact you should get all 4 of the library mods since so many other mods have them as a base.

Aceje88

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2022, 03:23:00 PM »

Have them all and updated.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2022, 06:44:06 PM »

is there a way to spawn the tech duinn station into a existing game?

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] LowTech Armada
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2022, 03:55:01 PM »

Not sure if its intended but the Tappah Drone Superiority Bomber's hammer torpedos have a 45sec reload, causing it to start manfighting stuff with it's vulcan cannon because the hammers are taking forever to reload after the initial attack run

Heya, yes this is intended, though I have been thinking a tad too punishing, I may look into changing the Tappah in a future patch to be more potent.

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2022, 03:57:45 PM »

So I was busy raiding Tech duinn and then it got decivilized, any way to colonize this? Industrial evolution or terraforming (cant remember which) allowed us to colonize stations but that doesnt work for tech duinn since its in hyperspace so just looking to see if anyone got a way to get either an AI or someone to colonize it?

Unfortunately due to the Hyperspace layer being unfinished in Vanilla there are too many potential crashes and softlocks for me to let the player capture Tech Duinn while its in Hyperspace.

That said, in a future patch I plan to make a quest where you can destabilize Tech Duinn and throw it out of hyperspace and into a nearby system, after which you can capture it. (If you have Tech Duinn set to spawn in a system in the config at the moment you can absolutely capture it right now though).

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2022, 03:59:31 PM »

What does it mean "masterversionfile":"Unavailiable", ? it seems to not be loading the mod when I try to use it. Do I need to change something in a file to get it to load?

This is due to me not integrating features to work with Version Checker just yet. I'll be looking into this for a future patch though. :)

It won't cause any issues, it just means it cant find the information it needs to determine what comparative version you're using to what update I have released.

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2022, 04:01:27 PM »

is there a way to spawn the tech duinn station into a existing game?

Unfortunately not yet, but I will be adding the ability to spawn Tech Duinn into a current save in a future patch.

If there are any config options you think would be nice to have as the player feel free to post below.

nukularpower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2022, 01:18:41 AM »

Hello,

Love the mod.  Just wanted to report this crash I'm getting when the Reckoner tries to enter combat - it's arms are empty as I can't figure out how to put weapons on them

3365338 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.plugins.LTA_ReckonerArms.advance(LTA_ReckonerArms.java:121)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.void.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.deploy(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.B.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Nesano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2022, 08:54:46 AM »

I'm getting the issue mentioned above

It's included in the list of mods that failed their update checks and has a message that reads:
(v0.6.5b, invalid master version file URL "Unavailable")

ArcticCheetah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2022, 11:28:15 AM »

I recently started using and enjoying this mod and fought against a phase leap ship called the E-VIII 'LURKER' class standard scrap phase warship and it is the first ship from this mod that cause some frustration during combat. The ship quickly teleported in the middle of my fleet and killed 1-2 destroyer/cruiser sized ships, so I gave an order to my entire fleet to destroy this ship. However once I got the hull down to below 30% it retreated demonstrating its true teleport range, my fleets engage arrows pointed to a space more than half way across the map. My ships gave chase because of my order to engage despite being in combat with the rest of the enemy fleet. The target was beyond my vision and therefore I could not rescind the order on the target, forcing me to either spend another order point and focus a nearby enemy ship or select each ship one by one and cancel my order. I won the battle but the ship retreated so I had to pursue it 2 additional times because it kept retreating from combat and there was no way to catch up to it and after the 3 retreats it became auto-disabled (I didn't know this was a thing until now). The only thing I can do in future battles is never give orders to focus it, hope to kill it before its teleport cooldown is ready or just let it go post battle.

While I like the concept of the phase leap, my experience in this situation was more tedious than fun. I'm not sure what adjustments to recommend without compromising the design intention, maybe shorter range or disabling the phase leap in the event the hull damage or combat readiness reaches below a certain threshold to prevent an unavoidable retreat/pursue/retreat loop.

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2022, 04:18:26 PM »

I recently started using and enjoying this mod and fought against a phase leap ship called the E-VIII 'LURKER' class standard scrap phase warship and it is the first ship from this mod that cause some frustration during combat. The ship quickly teleported in the middle of my fleet and killed 1-2 destroyer/cruiser sized ships, so I gave an order to my entire fleet to destroy this ship. However once I got the hull down to below 30% it retreated demonstrating its true teleport range, my fleets engage arrows pointed to a space more than half way across the map. My ships gave chase because of my order to engage despite being in combat with the rest of the enemy fleet. The target was beyond my vision and therefore I could not rescind the order on the target, forcing me to either spend another order point and focus a nearby enemy ship or select each ship one by one and cancel my order. I won the battle but the ship retreated so I had to pursue it 2 additional times because it kept retreating from combat and there was no way to catch up to it and after the 3 retreats it became auto-disabled (I didn't know this was a thing until now). The only thing I can do in future battles is never give orders to focus it, hope to kill it before its teleport cooldown is ready or just let it go post battle.

While I like the concept of the phase leap, my experience in this situation was more tedious than fun. I'm not sure what adjustments to recommend without compromising the design intention, maybe shorter range or disabling the phase leap in the event the hull damage or combat readiness reaches below a certain threshold to prevent an unavoidable retreat/pursue/retreat loop.

I'm happy to take a look at the Lurker, with the new Phase update things have been a bit of an experiment for me. I'll likely be reducing its jump range from 2/3rds of the map to around 1/2 of the map. Please let me know yalls thoughts.

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2022, 05:14:50 PM »

For an idea of what is coming next in LowTech Armada, here are some gifs/screenshots :) :

Spoiler

[close]

Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what things you would like to see or think would be interesting in a future update! (Though be warned I may take a while to respond ^^*)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10