Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Enemy ships always retreating  (Read 3671 times)

Festivejelly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Enemy ships always retreating
« on: February 29, 2012, 03:35:07 PM »

Hi all.

Ive got a few ships added for my Star Trek mod now, but every mission the enemy instantly retreated even though their ships are superiour in power and numbers to the ones you start with. Is this a bug? Or is there anything I can do to stop the enemy retreating?

Thanks

Mavolio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy ships always retreating
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 04:05:45 PM »

Can you post some stats for the star trek ships weapons/flux/speed, and which ships are they fighting?

If their ships aren't going to win either though your ships having too strong shields/armour, weapons are too strong or they are too fast to catch at the moment they wont bother to fight and will just run. You could try attacking the main fleet defending a space port as they are stronger so might not run.

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 05:09:36 PM »

I didn't have this problem even though my Star Destroyer has like 40000 hull and shedloads of armor. But then again I made it cost 40 fleet points. Maybe your fleet point to hull point ratio is weird.?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »

Hmm. That computation actually uses the number and size of weapon slots relative to the ship hull size. I should probably change it, but for the moment, you can reduce the hullSize of the fleeing ships and/or give them more/bigger weapon slots.

Festivejelly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 03:35:27 AM »

Reduce the hullsize as opposed to increasing it?

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 08:13:05 AM »

Reduce the hullsize as opposed to increasing it?

Yeah, cause I think what Alex is saying is that the retreating ships feel under-powered weapon wise for their size, and feeling insecure, they run away.   ;D
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

Festivejelly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 11:01:09 AM »

but they are over powered they have more armour more flux and more weapons it just doesnt make sense why the flee. It would be nice if I could put a bit a code that disabled fleeing the battlefield.