Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 649880 times)

SCMDR_Aramantha

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Debloatening? Ed., 0.3.6a)
« Reply #645 on: December 10, 2023, 02:55:14 PM »

Hi, so I want to find the Mess system

But where can I find the hints to their location?

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 11, 2023, 08:47:41 PM »

It's not really hidden.  Just cruise through HMI space.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 11, 2023, 11:02:11 PM »

Hi, so I want to find the Mess system

But where can I find the hints to their location?

Believe they're typically in the north end of the sector. There's a couple systems added by HMI that have semi-consistent spawn locations.

fishinabathtub

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 12, 2023, 02:19:08 PM »

This is my first HMI playthrough and I just ran into the mess. When I first ran into them I got jumped expecting normal [REDACTED] and wiped out in seconds. Do they give unique loot or is there something unique worth fighting for in that system? I've read that they drop Ai cores and something that can be sold for a lot of but  I can always get cores or money elsewhere.

ArXen42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 31, 2023, 10:27:06 AM »

I have a question about some unexpectedly hard DomRes encounter I've had, putting it it in spoiler just in case.

Spoiler
So in Manchester there is a bunch of guardian posts scattered around the system. I've disposed of most of them quite easily, however there was one guardian post close to the star that gave me a real trouble - I've probably spend a dozen or two attempts trying to beat it without losing most of my capitals.

Contrary to other sites in the system this one had DomRes hammerheads, Eagles and also Object 301's. Eagles and 301's specifically gave me a lot trouble because they had tremendous amount of defense.
I have what I'd consider to be a close to the endgame fleet, mostly of vanilla ships: Paragon, pirate bounty Onslaught, automated Onslaught, LTA Concierge, Astral, two Odysseys, a few good cruisers like Champion, Apogee, HMI Weaver and others. Most have 3 built-in hullmods and lvl 5 officers (though their skills are somewhat random). Also have Ziggurat, but didn't want to use it.

However, they all got just mowed down by a few DomRes cruisers, at least with battle size 400 preventing me from deploying many capitals at once. I've tried various compositions and starting orders from the fleet I had, but no matter how hard I tried to set up my defense line, they inevitably got overwhelmed and destroyed. The eagles and 301's just didn't want to die, easily tanking many tachyons and bombing runs to the face.
I only managed to win it without abusing AI by throwing most of my ships at them, usually using both Paragon and Onslaughts, along with many smaller ships. Ended up cheesing it by using a single safety overridden monitor to break their AI and pull most of them away from my firing line, giving it time to deal with them few at a time, but that felt cheaty.
[close]

If anyone else had this encounter, is it really hard or is my fleet composition just utterly inefficient for dealing with late game threats and you easily managed this with properly built vanilla ships?

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 31, 2023, 01:46:52 PM »

I have a question about some unexpectedly hard DomRes encounter I've had, putting it it in spoiler just in case.

Spoiler
So in Manchester there is a bunch of guardian posts scattered around the system. I've disposed of most of them quite easily, however there was one guardian post close to the star that gave me a real trouble - I've probably spend a dozen or two attempts trying to beat it without losing most of my capitals.

Contrary to other sites in the system this one had DomRes hammerheads, Eagles and also Object 301's. Eagles and 301's specifically gave me a lot trouble because they had tremendous amount of defense.
I have what I'd consider to be a close to the endgame fleet, mostly of vanilla ships: Paragon, pirate bounty Onslaught, automated Onslaught, LTA Concierge, Astral, two Odysseys, a few good cruisers like Champion, Apogee, HMI Weaver and others. Most have 3 built-in hullmods and lvl 5 officers (though their skills are somewhat random). Also have Ziggurat, but didn't want to use it.

However, they all got just mowed down by a few DomRes cruisers, at least with battle size 400 preventing me from deploying many capitals at once. I've tried various compositions and starting orders from the fleet I had, but no matter how hard I tried to set up my defense line, they inevitably got overwhelmed and destroyed. The eagles and 301's just didn't want to die, easily tanking many tachyons and bombing runs to the face.
I only managed to win it without abusing AI by throwing most of my ships at them, usually using both Paragon and Onslaughts, along with many smaller ships. Ended up cheesing it by using a single safety overridden monitor to break their AI and pull most of them away from my firing line, giving it time to deal with them few at a time, but that felt cheaty.
[close]

If anyone else had this encounter, is it really hard or is my fleet composition just utterly inefficient for dealing with late game threats and you easily managed this with properly built vanilla ships?

Huh, I don't think I've ever seen that fleet using ships other than Domain AI.  I just plowed through that guardian post on my most recent game a few days ago, I think, and it was all Domain ships...

ArXen42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 01, 2024, 07:56:16 PM »

Huh, I don't think I've ever seen that fleet using ships other than Domain AI.  I just plowed through that guardian post on my most recent game a few days ago, I think, and it was all Domain ships...
Spoiler
Well, this one was a little spicier. DomRes Eagle with 3 S-Mods and Alpha AI turned out to be quite powerful. This thing has more armor than my Onslaught!
[close]

chdcl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 02, 2024, 12:05:37 PM »

Hey, I have a small bug report for HMI Brighton.
The description of the Brighton base assembly hull mod states that it regenerates ammo 75% slower, but it actually regenerates it 75% faster. Either the description is wrong or the code should be
Code
stats.getMissileAmmoRegenMult().modifyMult(id, 1f  / (1f + MISSILE_MULT));
Thanks for making this great mod!

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 02, 2024, 01:31:53 PM »

Spoiler
Well, this one was a little spicier. DomRes Eagle with 3 S-Mods and Alpha AI turned out to be quite powerful. This thing has more armor than my Onslaught!
[close]

Oh wacky!  I kind of wished I encountered that in my current game!

ExAmmon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 08, 2024, 11:43:53 PM »

Tried HMI only run and stumbled upon strange thing. Mbeke luncher flight time is only 3.75(600range) and Mbeke turret is 12 seconds (more than 3k range).

Thaxor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 09, 2024, 07:56:10 AM »

Curious if the following is intended:

Around Fuyutsuki there are 2 types of patrols: standard HMI patrols and then "Company Patrols" that tend to have better quality ships. The Company Patrols are always neutral to me, even if I'm 100/100 with HMI. Further they don't seem to take part in attacks on HMI. In my last game a large invasion fleet attacked and the Company Patrols did not assist with attacking the fleets or defending the station. However, they did burn straight for me when I turned off my transponder to try to hide from Ludds wraith so their AI does work, somewhat.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 15, 2024, 08:08:55 AM »

From your experience, how serious is the impact of so many extra hulls on the RAM usage and overall stability?

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 15, 2024, 10:05:11 AM »

In the supervillain pack, I obtained and learned a Wolf (Assault) blueprint without problems. However when mousing over it in the ship builder, it crashed with a null pointer error. I think it has to do with the "GreenFlare" StyleID of one of the engines being undefined in the standalone mod.

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 04, 2024, 02:07:09 PM »

Hi.

Since 0.97 dropped, Anthracite, in the Obsidian system, always decivilizes after one and a half cycle. It is because its stability is almost always at 0 because it has too much industries for its size (giving it a -5 penalty to its stability). Therefore, it is "stuck" at 1 stability and any shortage of food causes it to decivilize.

It's weird because it was never happening to me before 0.97.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 02:14:10 PM by Selfcontrol »

steve1592

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 05, 2024, 10:06:22 PM »

I know this says to not use in a pre-existing save. However, lately I have been doing that for a lot of faction mods to introduce their ships/weapons/hullmods into my game while cutting down on the markets they spawn.

Seeing as this adds a ton of markets I was wondering if adding post save would either:

a. crash my game.

b. miss out on story content (not sure if this has any)

HMI could still spawn because I turn on respawning factions in Nexerelin. I'm not a fan of randomized sector to cut down on size of markets.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48