Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632941 times)

Kyam

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Ascendente! Ed., 0.3.2b)
« Reply #300 on: October 11, 2020, 08:21:52 AM »

Link dead

:( 

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 11, 2020, 08:43:23 AM »

mod's being updated to split Brighton and the two Raider Factions off into their own sub-mods to clear up bloat, give it a few hours and it should be updated, or come onto the discord and get the downloads there.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 11, 2020, 05:33:22 PM »

Ooops, sorry everyone. While clearing out some old files I accidentally deleted the file for this mod. Regardless, as Deadeon said, an update is in the works, and I'm reasonably sure I can release the debloated version of HMI later today. I'm afraid you're just going to have to wait a bit before Brighton, Fang and Draco get released as separate mods in this thread, as they're the ones I'm a bit less confident on being balanced.

EDIT: In the mean time, while I'm playtesting the mod to make sure nothing explodes, I've updated the link to the most recent build of the game before I took it apart. This one has one or two added bits and pieces relative to 0.3.2b, and isn't really that different from 0.3.2b, but this puts the mod at it's largest size.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Ooops Preview Ed., 0.3.2d)
« Reply #303 on: October 12, 2020, 09:51:09 AM »

The separated supervillain and brighton mods still have the same sim_opponents.csv from HMI.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 12, 2020, 10:10:24 AM »

But HMI debloat version haven't release yet.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 12, 2020, 12:03:49 PM »

But HMI debloat version haven't release yet.

It has in a beta stage on the discord

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 12, 2020, 04:46:38 PM »

Or you can shave off the filename from the mod download link and access the entire downloads folder which contains the beta.

ObscureD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 12, 2020, 07:12:08 PM »

There is a problem with Opuntia.

It is always hunting season there.  It is just a little too obvious a move to farm there.

Compare it to pirate activity in an inner system.  You get like 60 days and then it is over.

Suppose if it moved between inert and active states?

A.z.s

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 12, 2020, 08:47:46 PM »

Is 0.3.2d still WIP? It seems that Locomotive and Onslaught_P now have different shipsystems, but Onslaught_P lost the description and Locomotive cannot start the shipsystem.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 12, 2020, 11:12:01 PM »

Yeah, that version kinda get scuffed, even in my previous playthrough with it, some pirate ship simply doesn't spawn. In the Bitbucket repository, it's have the old version, you can use that if you want.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 20, 2020, 03:43:41 AM »

Just popping in to say I love the mod and HMI is now my adoptive daddy since Kadur Remnant got nuked by the Hegemony in around 3 years of in-game time.

Everything looks fairly balanced aside from one ship I managed to get my hands on: Roach King

It should really cost more FP, the amount of pew pew you can fit into it is just ridicolous. There are so many weapon mounts on its deceptively compact frame I actually struggled to even see them all.

My current variant of the Roach King with 3 d-mods has 4 Arbalest Autocannons, 3 heavy Mortars, one Aegis Flak cannon, 12 Reliant HMGs and a total of 8 Salamander MRMs all pointing forward (minus some PD weapons) but it does not even end there. The amount of retrofits I managed to cram into it is just ridicolous:
1)Integrated Armor
2)Heavy Armor
3)Armored Weapon Mounts
4)Solar Shielding
5)Reinforced Bulkheads
6)Integrated Point Defence AI
7)Flux Distributor (also has 36 vents)
8)Weapon Inhibitor
9)Particle Accellerator
10)Gunnery Control AI
11)Integrated Targeting Unit

Spoiler
[close]

The result can actually 1v1 an onslaught with an officer. I prefer this version to the Annihalator Rocket one since it has a lot more staying power and can be useful on long battles with multiple back-to-back deployments, but that one can probably solo the Onslaught with health to spare.

I really think the roach king fully deserves 22, 24 or even just 25 FP since it's comparable to a dominator without d-mods and just gets more and more ridicolous from that point onwards.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 03:48:08 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 20, 2020, 06:54:29 AM »

Writing another reply instead of an edit of the post above since it's not related:

I am currently repelling a Legio Infernalis saturation bombardment of the colony in the Mess system, I bought some new junker ships but discovered that the Mongrel-class gunboat does not come in with the Junker Hull Mod despite it being classified as such. I went to the OP to make sure it was not from the other ship types without the Junker mechanic but it is not there.

Edit: looked a bit more closely to the ship stat tab and while Junker ships with the hullmods are written in red and with a (HMI) tag behind me, this Mongrel Class only has a faintly red tint to its name and with no (HMI) behind it. Is it a ship in development?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:31:05 AM by Arcagnello »

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 20, 2020, 08:56:39 AM »

Edit: looked a bit more closely to the ship stat tab and while Junker ships with the hullmods are written in red and with a (HMI) tag behind me, this Mongrel Class only has a faintly red tint to its name and with no (HMI) behind it. Is it a ship in development?
It doesn't have (HMI) in its name because it isn't a HMI ship. That and similar ships with the faded-out Junker tech design are from Underworld.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 20, 2020, 10:03:14 AM »

It doesn't have (HMI) in its name because it isn't a HMI ship. That and similar ships with the faded-out Junker tech design are from Underworld.

Ah I see now! Did the two mods have some sort of collab a while ago exposing why Underworld has HMI ships?

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 20, 2020, 11:14:31 AM »

Ah I see now! Did the two mods have some sort of collab a while ago exposing why Underworld has HMI ships?
I think its merely a coincidence, as the idea of a ship being made from space debris/junk isn't too rare.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 47