Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722331 times)

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile

It would be best if you could provide a screencap of your mods page and also any screencaps of what went wrong so that we can have more clues to work with. Also, note that AO doesn't override the normal ship ID. If for example, you want to use a "findship" console command to look for Atlas. The vanilla ID is just atlas but for AO it will be archean_atlas.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

What exactly is the Mods page, because I use the built in mod-manager, and it doesn't expand.

Will try using console command instead of stellar.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

danando123

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Am i right in thinking that this mod will not work with Ship mods such as faction mods, due to the inability of changing said faction mods weapons, ships, fighters etc? in turn will not work means: (unbalanced, as this mod will have different ranges to those faction mods, and also fighters etc?)

Thanks

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile

Am i right in thinking that this mod will not work with Ship mods such as faction mods, due to the inability of changing said faction mods weapons, ships, fighters etc? in turn will not work means: (unbalanced, as this mod will have different ranges to those faction mods, and also fighters etc?)

Thanks

All of the above.

AO is a beef-up version of vanilla. Most low tech ships will have armor in thousands, HP in ten thousands. Weapon ranges tend to be a lot longer than normal plus fire support mechanics with super long ranges. Crafts also have a higher shield and armor but are more prone to damage from PD. Ship deployment cost has also been reduced somewhat across the board.

If you know how to edit the other mod file then you can change some of the stat yourself. As for which specific, I have no clue.

danando123

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thanks

All of the above.

AO is a beef-up version of vanilla. Most low tech ships will have armor in thousands, HP in ten thousands. Weapon ranges tend to be a lot longer than normal plus fire support mechanics with super long ranges. Crafts also have a higher shield and armor but are more prone to damage from PD. Ship deployment cost has also been reduced somewhat across the board.

If you know how to edit the other mod file then you can change some of the stat yourself. As for which specific, I have no clue.

ahhh thanks for that, so just avoid using faction mods etc with this mod , since balance would get totally skewered lol

Unduck

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Soo the justicar cruiser is missing from every AO base cant get it to spawn anywhere is it just me or has it happened to everbody

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile

Soo the justicar cruiser is missing from every AO base cant get it to spawn anywhere is it just me or has it happened to everbody

No, it is quite easy to find.

Or are you talking about markets?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 03:44:14 AM by Albreo »

Unduck

• Ensign
    • View Profile

No, it is quite easy to find.

Or are you talking about markets?

yea im talking about markets it just does not exist  :-\

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile

From my second picture, you can see that there are 10 ships up for sale on 4 different planets but all of them are locked behind the military submarkets. A military submarket is a kind of market that require you to either receive a Commission from that faction or have an alliance with that faction to be able to buy from the submarket.

You will need +15 relations to be able to see what is inside the submarket.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 05:00:56 AM by Albreo »

Unduck

• Ensign
    • View Profile

From my second picture, you can see that there are 10 ships up for sale on 4 different planets but all of them are locked behind the military submarkets. A military submarket is a kind of market that require you to either receive a Commission from that faction or have an alliance with that faction to be able to buy from the submarket.

You will need +15 relations to be able to see what is inside the submarket.
Yes i know my problem is that all the ships are offered up for sale...The only one missing is the justicar which does not seem to spawn in markets or in AI fleets.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

Yes i know my problem is that all the ships are offered up for sale...The only one missing is the justicar which does not seem to spawn in markets or in AI fleets.

What version of the mod do you have? That was an issue in an older version (can't remember which one off the top of my head) but it should be fixed in the latest version. Its possible that it was fixed in an experimental version though and isn't in the primary download - but I thought I fixed it before working on the experimental builds.

If you do have an older version, iirc the fix is pretty easy to do yourself. You just have to add:

"archean_justicar",

under the "knownShips" portion of the archean order faction file located in data/world/factions

It might take an ingame month or two, but they should start showing up in the markets after that change is made.

FranzDenKaiser

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Completely minor and ignorable suggestion, but would you be willing to turn the standard AO starts (20 relations with major benefactor + Small Destroyer/Frigate Fleet) into custom Nexerelin starts? Because, I feel that a large part of the enjoyment of AO is slowly climbing yourself from small-time grunt all the way up to a big boss in terms of your favorite faction. And Nex starting you at friendly wherein you have access to a lot of the cool toys kind of breaks that.

I don't mean change the numbers on Nex's "faction starts", since I imagine that means working into Nex itself, but rather specific custom starts like what Tahlan did with the Red Hand and the Balisong.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 04:18:02 PM by FranzDenKaiser »

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

Completely minor and ignorable suggestion, but would you be willing to turn the standard AO starts (20 relations with major benefactor + Small Destroyer/Frigate Fleet) into custom Nexerelin starts? Because, I feel that a large part of the enjoyment of AO is slowly climbing yourself from small-time grunt all the way up to a big boss in terms of your favorite faction. And Nex starting you at friendly wherein you have access to a lot of the cool toys kind of breaks that.

I don't mean change the numbers on Nex's "faction starts", since I imagine that means working into Nex itself, but rather specific custom starts like what Tahlan did with the Red Hand and the Balisong.

Do you mean custom Nex-specific starts assuming Nex is included in the mod list? Or just more custom starts that Nex doesn't override? Iirc, Nex overrides the starting conditions at some point and uses JSON files to give modders ways to include their own ships per starting fleet category as well as some mod-specific starting values for faction specific starts - such as the faction capital and starting relations with other factions, etc.

Looking into the current Nex implementation is already on the ToDo list anyway for other reasons, so is the Tahlan (Tahlan Shipworks mod right?) example based upon new Nex features or an entirely different thing within that mod's implementation?

In other words, I'm open to the idea but it would help to have a starting point to get the ball rolling so to speak. If you can't answer that, that's no big deal but I figured I'd ask to try and save time.

Also keep in mind that this is an addition to the ToDo list that is admittedly growing large atm since I've taken some time off modding recently. (And some of the suggestions require more testing/effort than others.)

I'll try and tackle a few things this weekend since I will have some prime modding free time saturday night/sunday hopefully.

FranzDenKaiser

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I unfortunately can't answer your question, but what I can tell you is that Nia Tahl was able to create starts in the "custom start" section of Nexerelin that begin with faction relations artificially augmented, and even give the player a great deal of fun goodies in the form of an abandoned storage station chock-full of sellable goods and high-tier weapons to help get the player started with their hard-mode game as the Pirate Captain of the Red Hand. So its definitely possible to shift around with Nex. Though I imagine this information alone won't be much help.

Magmaul

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I have encountered a bug with Archean Order stations. I wanted to supply a rebellion on Obsidian Crucible and after I sneaked in with transponder off the text says: "You might be able to establish contact dissident elements within the order if you come in later with the transponder turned off." I tried to access the black market anyway but there is not even an option to see markets, only the colony info.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125