Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722246 times)

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22
« Reply #1815 on: April 18, 2022, 09:26:25 AM »

I have some complaints about skills, especially the elite upgrade for officers. Currently, Reliability Engineering, System Expertise, and Polarized Armor are undesirable at the elite level.

For elite Reliability Engineering, I think, giving it an increase in fighter redeployment rate would be a good addition.

Polarized Armor could get 25% EMP resistance at the base skill and an additional 25% at the elite level. It's "based on current hard flux" could get a bit more explanation as well like range description on Ranged Specialization skill. Its base skill is also pretty useless to high-tech ships at the moment.

For System Expertise, I don't know. You should give it something worthwhile. Increase active flux vent rate? Flux capacity?

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: April 18, 2022, 04:20:20 PM »

I have some complaints about skills, especially the elite upgrade for officers. Currently, Reliability Engineering, System Expertise, and Polarized Armor are undesirable at the elite level.

For elite Reliability Engineering, I think, giving it an increase in fighter redeployment rate would be a good addition.

Polarized Armor could get 25% EMP resistance at the base skill and an additional 25% at the elite level. It's "based on current hard flux" could get a bit more explanation as well like range description on Ranged Specialization skill. Its base skill is also pretty useless to high-tech ships at the moment.

For System Expertise, I don't know. You should give it something worthwhile. Increase active flux vent rate? Flux capacity?

Ok I'll take a look. The Reliability Engineering change is a good one and I'll do that. Polarized Armor is a bit trickier, but the point on high tech ships is solid and I'll see what I can do.

For Systems Expertise, however, the Safety Overrides unlock is pretty huge right? Just to make sure, you shouldn't be able to get that anywhere else. So if that's not the case that changes things since that is supposed to be its main elite perk.

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: April 18, 2022, 08:28:13 PM »

For Systems Expertise, however, the Safety Overrides unlock is pretty huge right? Just to make sure, you shouldn't be able to get that anywhere else. So if that's not the case that changes things since that is supposed to be its main elite perk.

For player character well yes that hull mod would be the main attraction. But when it comes to Officer piloting your ship the benefit is reduced to only one line which is a measly 30 seconds increase in peak performance and nothing more. Of course, no one would waste an elite point there.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 08:29:58 PM by Albreo »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: April 19, 2022, 07:30:30 AM »

For player character well yes that hull mod would be the main attraction. But when it comes to Officer piloting your ship the benefit is reduced to only one line which is a measly 30 seconds increase in peak performance and nothing more. Of course, no one would waste an elite point there.

Ah yeah I see what you mean there. I'll try and spice it up a bit but not sure what to give it just yet.

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: April 19, 2022, 11:30:31 PM »

Unforgivable! Wait, how do I find them again I just want to know what another option does.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: April 20, 2022, 07:56:10 AM »

Unforgivable! Wait, how do I find them again I just want to know what another option does.

Not my mod I'm afraid.  ;)

But awesome! lol

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: April 25, 2022, 01:13:57 AM »

Not super important but the Heavy PD Drone is so weak right now. It should at least has a Scythe cannon and maybe proximity mines as well.

What do you think about the Specter interceptor having a short-range teleport as a skill?

Hellcat is kind of OP and it's cheap.

Torpedo firing delay should be reduced somewhat. Low max ammo already hurt its DPS by a lot and I don't like Atropos large and medium to have different firing delays, lol, very painful to make it work properly.

Trebuchet missile is very spammy, half that max ammo.

AI officer currently has access to Vanilla Combat Endurance and Field Modulation. Combat Endurance is fine but Field Modulation is a poorer version of AO Shield Modulation. It also has extra phase ship buffs which the current Shield Modulation doesn't have.

Double shields
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 01:16:51 AM by Albreo »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: April 26, 2022, 04:48:15 PM »

Not super important but the Heavy PD Drone is so weak right now. It should at least has a Scythe cannon and maybe proximity mines as well.
Scythe Cannon would clash with the Hydra. Proximity mines is a good idea though. And maybe just boosted defenses?

What do you think about the Specter interceptor having a short-range teleport as a skill?
On top of phase? I think that might be OP considering its replacement rate. Of course, that could be adjusted. The question I'd ask is: why does it need that? Or is it more of a flavor/uniqueness kind of thing.

Too much damage?

Torpedo firing delay should be reduced somewhat. Low max ammo already hurt its DPS by a lot and I don't like Atropos large and medium to have different firing delays, lol, very painful to make it work properly.
Noted. I haven't gotten to torpedoes in the medium weapons category. I think I've done a single or maybe two passes at them atm.

Trebuchet missile is very spammy, half that max ammo.
Hmm. Well, they seem pretty balanced small-medium scale. Are they a problem large scale? I could see that. Just in general its a pretty difficult missile to balance. Its a fine line between "OP" and "worthless" as far as small LRMs go.

AI officer currently has access to Vanilla Combat Endurance and Field Modulation. Combat Endurance is fine but Field Modulation is a poorer version of AO Shield Modulation. It also has extra phase ship buffs which the current Shield Modulation doesn't have.

Double shields
Yeah I definitely need to look at officer skills. Hopefully there is something I can do there but I'm not sure if skills were ever intended to be completely overridden. I might just be missing something obvious though.

I've taken a small break this week. (Blame Vampire Survivors haha) Once I start modding again I'll take a look at all of these things.

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: April 26, 2022, 09:15:51 PM »

Scythe Cannon would clash with the Hydra. Proximity mines is a good idea though. And maybe just boosted defenses?
An additional increase in defense would be nice. At the moment, its weapon is very poor and can't really do much against crafts or missiles which ruin its sole purpose. It's going to need some kind of AoE weapon. Clashing with Hydra won't be much of a problem I believe. Since they have very different ranges. Actually, giving it a new flare system would be ok as well. Mass flare deployment and something to deal with crafts.

On top of phase? I think that might be OP considering its replacement rate. Of course, that could be adjusted. The question I'd ask is: why does it need that? Or is it more of a flavor/uniqueness kind of thing.
That would be mainly for the uniqeness, I suppose, to balance the OP cost. Phase behaves like the armor counterpart, deflection shell, which has become quite common.

Too much damage?
Firing too rapidly, I guess? It's very good in both anti-craft and anti-ship aspects.

Hmm. Well, they seem pretty balanced small-medium scale. Are they a problem large scale? I could see that. Just in general its a pretty difficult missile to balance. Its a fine line between "OP" and "worthless" as far as small LRMs go.
I put it on my Revenant and it's quite effective at the initial burst. Maybe, the massive flux dissipation did help a lot. Then just leave it as it is for the moment.

Blame Vampire Survivors haha
Lol, unbelievable. Such a simple and plain game makes so many people addicted.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: April 28, 2022, 07:50:51 AM »

An additional increase in defense would be nice. At the moment, its weapon is very poor and can't really do much against crafts or missiles which ruin its sole purpose. It's going to need some kind of AoE weapon. Clashing with Hydra won't be much of a problem I believe. Since they have very different ranges. Actually, giving it a new flare system would be ok as well. Mass flare deployment and something to deal with crafts.
Flares could definitely work well and mines deal with crafts very well when based upon another craft due to the damage boost. I'll play around with it.

That would be mainly for the uniqeness, I suppose, to balance the OP cost. Phase behaves like the armor counterpart, deflection shell, which has become quite common.
I'll keep it in mind. I'm not sure exactly if a teleport would do much, but I can try and give it something flavorful.

Firing too rapidly, I guess? It's very good in both anti-craft and anti-ship aspects.
Iirc correctly it has combat capacitors. Maybe just removing that would do it.

Lol, unbelievable. Such a simple and plain game makes so many people addicted.
(The nuances between weapons and the general balance and feel of the game is great. Its simple to learn, but rewards careful decision making and micro. And picking a different character makes a pretty huge difference in how your early game build will look.)

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

Archean Order Plus Nexerelin means no Civilian tankers, and possibly other issues. Either mod on it's own works fine, but together breaks spawning somehow.

Used the Stellar Networks mod to do a universal search, and no fleet or shop contains them at all.

Edit: There seems to be other mods that cause this to happen, but Archean order is clearly required. Optimistically, fixing it with Nexerelin will fix it with other mods as well.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 08:24:14 PM by Ranakastrasz »
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Archean Order Plus Nexerelin means no Civilian tankers, and possibly other issues. Either mod on it's own works fine, but together breaks spawning somehow.

Used the Stellar Networks mod to do a universal search, and no fleet or shop contains them at all.

Edit: There seems to be other mods that cause this to happen, but Archean order is clearly required. Optimistically, fixing it with Nexerelin will fix it with other mods as well.

Huh I wonder what I do that causes that to happen. Thanks for letting me know about it though! Quick question: does Nex define tankers by id somewhere that you know of? I haven't looked in the mod in a bit but I know its had some major updates since the last time I did. That would be my first guess but I'll probably have to look into it more in depth to figure it out.

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile

I'm also wondering as well. I have been playing with AO and Nex since forever. Everything works as intended. It's likely that other mods override the AO file and cause this issue. So nothing on this end is likely to solve it.

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile

i believe that's from Nex.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

I'm also wondering as well. I have been playing with AO and Nex since forever. Everything works as intended. It's likely that other mods override the AO file and cause this issue. So nothing on this end is likely to solve it.

Odd, because I specifically disabled all the other mods, and the problem remained. Just AO and Nex.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 125