Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: Skill Changes, Part 2 (07/15/21)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.7b Black Holes  (Read 31412 times)

Mira Lendin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.7a Black Holes
« Reply #75 on: Today at 02:28:31 AM »

edit: oh fudge, found out acquisition is tied to having Nexerelin, lol
A reliable and renewable vanilla source is advised.
That's not entirely true, in fact, nothing in this mod is dependent on Nexerelin, the weapons can be found in an abandoned research station or a weapon cache, however since Nexerelin offers a station called "Prism Freeport" that gets all the weapons in this game and sells them for a high price it automatically supports my mod without me having to do anything, i just decided to "not" block my weapons from spawning there for people who wants to get them without having to spend all their time exploring the outer regions.
^^

Bulldog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.7b Black Holes
« Reply #76 on: Today at 03:03:20 AM »

I think the Gauss Cannon could do with an added "USE_VS_FRIGATES" tag.

I understand implementing just the "STRIKE" tag for ammo-limited or long-cooldown weapons that should be preserved for big targets instead of wasting it on a solitary frigate or fighter, but I think your Gauss Cannon fires fast enough and with a good enough projectile velocity that it should be able to hit frigates fairly consistently.

Compared to vanilla weapons like the hellbore that often just shoot at everything and anything even if they don't have a chance in hell of hitting.

Omega_DarkPotato

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Today at 09:04:38 AM »

So let's assume, for just a second or two, that I'm some sort of raving sociopath who enjoys turning deployment costs on battles up to 10,000 while also boosting the AI and player fleet limits significantly higher

and also in this hypothetical that I've got beyond the sector installed so I can face truly "end-game" fleets for combat

I want OP weapons for this wonderful adventure and for that reason I was wondering if there was a way to enable(?) some method of acquiring blueprints for these weapons - I know that other people have argued that it'd be overpowered or boring or a "win button" if you could print these guns like any other but I'm intending on just messing around - should I look for a console commands solution or is there something in config or other files that I can mess around with for this?

Thanks.
I live for ship-to-ship combat

Mira Lendin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Today at 10:31:08 AM »

So let's assume, for just a second or two, that I'm some sort of raving sociopath who enjoys turning deployment costs on battles up to 10,000 while also boosting the AI and player fleet limits significantly higher

and also in this hypothetical that I've got beyond the sector installed so I can face truly "end-game" fleets for combat

I want OP weapons for this wonderful adventure and for that reason I was wondering if there was a way to enable(?) some method of acquiring blueprints for these weapons - I know that other people have argued that it'd be overpowered or boring or a "win button" if you could print these guns like any other but I'm intending on just messing around - should I look for a console commands solution or is there something in config or other files that I can mess around with for this?

Thanks.
You can always make these weapons available by giving them the "base_bp" tag in the weapons file, with it you will be able to manufacture them in your High Tech industry, just be warned that other factions will do the same thing.
^^

Alex_Sans

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Today at 12:06:28 PM »

Man, I loved blowing up pirates, remnants and the hegemony with these big weapons. Keep up the good work!

On a side note, I'm currently modding the Sunrider into Starsector, so may I have your permission to borrow your Electromagnetic Railgun coding to have a base for the Vanguard Cannon?

Omega_DarkPotato

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Today at 12:33:16 PM »

just be warned that other factions will do the same thing.

excellent

thanks again!
I live for ship-to-ship combat

Mira Lendin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Today at 03:06:54 PM »

Man, I loved blowing up pirates, remnants and the hegemony with these big weapons. Keep up the good work!

On a side note, I'm currently modding the Sunrider into Starsector, so may I have your permission to borrow your Electromagnetic Railgun coding to have a base for the Vanguard Cannon?
The Electromagnetic Railgun Pierce effect is not even a code, it's a projectile attribute, i just removed the projectile collision in the proj file :D
The code spawns explosions every few frames with a very small AoE at the location of the projectile to deal damage, i know that there are better ways to make a projectile "pierce" but hi, my version works :)
^^
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]