Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.4.1  (Read 5848 times)

Mephansteras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.5a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.2.3
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2021, 09:07:15 PM »

0.2.3 is up!

Redid the sprite for the Starlight Guard, which looks a bit beefier now and more like the tanky light destroyer that it is. Also did some light rebalancing of it.

Old                             New

I've also added in a few more weapons. New pulse lasers this time.

Fel Weapons (Free-Electron Lasers)

Fel Repeater       Fel Pulsar      Fel Cannon 

Next up is the sprite re-work for the Warp Diver and Stargazer class ships as well as a new missile or two.

Mephansteras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.2.3
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2021, 07:07:18 PM »

0.2.4 is up!

Got the art pass done on 3 ships this time:   (Old->New)

Warp Diver

Stargazer

Sunbeam Rider

Also added in a new missile weapon called the Cloudburst which does a mirv spread like the sabot. Unlike the Sabot, the spread is wider and designed to do AOE energy damage. Good for taking out groups of missiles or fighters, but underwhelming vs ships since not all shots will land. (I need to get a few good composite shots of those to add to the OP.)

in the meantime, here is a shot of the Cloudbursts in action:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 09:38:36 PM by Mephansteras »

Mephansteras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.3.1
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2022, 08:10:07 PM »

On to 0.3.1!

Reworked the Vortex Hunter and its sister hull the Cosmic Wind.

Also added in a new fighter, the Meteorite, since I was touching a carrier anyway. It's a fast little strafing and interception fighter. The proton guns let it be pretty versatile, though it can do little against a shielded ship other than apply some pressure.

Plus two new additions to the weapons.

A single-barrel Light Proton Gun, used by the Meteorite but also available for larger ships.

And the Stormfront, a Large missile rack version of the Cloudburst that continually manufactures new missiles during a fight. This allows the ship equipped with it to pretty much indiscriminately fire it off as point defense.

Mephansteras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.4.1
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2022, 08:09:29 PM »

v0.4.1 is now out.

Bumped up the version # on this because it'll break old saves due to hardpoint changes.

For this one I added in a new fighter, the Stormwing. It's armed with mini versions of the Fel Repeater and a single-shot Cloudburst Missile. It's tough and fast, designed to work best against other fighters while still being solid against larger ships.

I also have a rework of the art on a few ships. There was some rebalancing that went along side the art work on these.

Storm Herald

Void Nomad

Starlight Raider

Getting close on the artwork! Only a few ships left, at least for a first pass. I will certainly be going back through and doing touch-ups on a lot of them. And I'd like to do some snazzier stuff like converting the static power core lights to being dynamic lights that turn off when the ship is shorting out or disabled.

Along side that I'll be adding in at least one new bomber to round out the fighter wings, a new kinetic torpedo, and then on to the hull mods and systems.

SwaggyCthulhu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2022, 05:03:48 AM »

v0.4.1 is now out.

Bumped up the version # on this because it'll break old saves due to hardpoint changes.

For this one I added in a new fighter, the Stormwing. It's armed with mini versions of the Fel Repeater and a single-shot Cloudburst Missile. It's tough and fast, designed to work best against other fighters while still being solid against larger ships.

I also have a rework of the art on a few ships. There was some rebalancing that went along side the art work on these.

Storm Herald

Void Nomad

Starlight Raider

Getting close on the artwork! Only a few ships left, at least for a first pass. I will certainly be going back through and doing touch-ups on a lot of them. And I'd like to do some snazzier stuff like converting the static power core lights to being dynamic lights that turn off when the ship is shorting out or disabled.

Along side that I'll be adding in at least one new bomber to round out the fighter wings, a new kinetic torpedo, and then on to the hull mods and systems.

Looking forward to giving this mod a try. The ships look great and unique, and I can definitely appreciate some restraint when it comes to mod ship balance.

Thanks for making the mod.

Mephansteras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2022, 12:53:57 PM »

Great! Let me know what you think once you've played with it a bit. So far it's all balanced around my personal play style, so some more input would be good.
Pages: 1 [2]