Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Alternative drawback for Unstable Injector  (Read 10108 times)

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative drawback for Unstable Injector
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2017, 10:06:16 AM »

As for combat, Starsector has a short-ranged melee fetish.  I wish there was much more viable long-ranged combat.  So far, fighters and Paragon beam/HVD spam are it.  At this point, Starsector is mostly a hack-and-slash or Marvel vs. Capcom style fighting game in space.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2017, 11:58:21 AM »

I meant it as a major drawback of the game.  Spaceships are supposed to shoot things, not bash each other with metal sticks and laser swords like samurai mechas.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2017, 04:31:20 PM »

..Spaceships are supposed to shoot things..

Uhhhmm.. *ahem* :-X

..Combat capable spaceships are supposed to shoot things..

There, fixed it for ya. Otherwise anything capable of artificial space travel ever both FTL and non-FTL wouldn't register as spaceship just because of absent warfare. Oh dear, my sides! :D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 04:56:50 PM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2017, 07:30:55 PM »

@ Drokkath: There was no need for fixing.  If there was, either I edit it myself or deem it not worth fixing.  You knew what I meant, it seems.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2017, 08:56:04 PM »

Ah, if anything I just merely found it hysterical way too much is all. Whatever the case was behind the post, couldn't resist. The concept of ideal spaceship in SS did cross my mind, obviously anything without weaponry is borderline useless in the game to have in combat unless used as cannon fodder to soak up the damage or something along those lines.

As for the on-topic subject; I've found Unstable Injector useful but only when a ship in question is too slow. I've used Unstable Injector hullmod enough times to develop a shield wall stance, approach and mindset in almost every battle if I'm not flying one of my customized and personalized versions of ships I like.
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.
Pages: 1 2 [3]