Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 79

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 591939 times)

Filtran

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.73c / 0.73c1
« Reply #735 on: April 04, 2023, 03:59:53 AM »

Hay another random question which may have already been answered but can't seem to find it but the level 7 officers you get from the UAF questline I wanted to ask if the skills Auroran Ace Agressor Tactics and Auroran Advaced Support Doctrine in the descriptions of these skills it says that is gives various buff to the fighters from the piloted ship do these buff apply to any type of fighter wing the ships is using or just specific fighter Lpc's. If it is only certain fighter which ones?

Konigen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 04, 2023, 04:46:05 AM »

if you go to Vermillion station when Independents are *** off, you can click the Uaf girl in there, get refused, open and close the market and the game just gets confused and lets you interact with the Uaf girl there. Just wanted to report it

Konigen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 04, 2023, 04:48:44 AM »

if you go to Vermillion station when Independents are *** off, you can click the Uaf girl in there, get refused, open and close the market and the game just gets confused and lets you interact with the Uaf girl there

TheDefend

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 05, 2023, 12:27:47 AM »

you cant talk to any of the special characters when you are in alliance with them?

Winterless

• Ensign
  • Alpha AI in a Gynoid Body
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 05, 2023, 04:38:55 PM »

you cant talk to any of the special characters when you are in alliance with them?

Yes, because the mod checks whether the player is commissioned by the UAF, not if the player is in an alliance with them.

Garafetdin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 09, 2023, 02:04:49 AM »

Tilted Dagger quest. I have finished it, got 2 new officers, and got 1 hyper Aria as a reward for completion. Wasn't I supposed to find 1 or 2 more from some derelict in system? I used devmode infinite range sensors, but I haven't found any.

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 10, 2023, 02:25:17 AM »

Can I make what I believe to be a small request and could you please add regenerating ammo on missile launchers to the vanilla weapons in the same way you did for this mod ?

that would make my day

OperaWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 11, 2023, 12:44:34 AM »

Can I make what I believe to be a small request and could you please add regenerating ammo on missile launchers to the vanilla weapons in the same way you did for this mod ?

that would make my day

That's likely well outside of what this mod would want to do. You're better off looking for a specific mod for that, just using regenerating missle systems from this or other mods instead of the non-regenerating ones from vanilla, or learning enough about modding to try it yourself.

Remember though that limited ammo systems affect balance. The cooldowns on Regen missiles acts as a pseudo limit by forcing you to throttle your usage. Limited ammo lets you either space your shots so you can take advantage of openings or burst something down (which then leaves that weapon useless). If you don't care too much it doesn't matter. But if you want it to be balanced (and not have your enemies slamming you with chain Sabots) there's some definite math and trial-and-error.

Konturga

• Commander
  • Talk is cheap, but they never said it was free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 11, 2023, 05:03:55 PM »

This is a really wonderful mod. This is going to basically be a disjointed inane ramble, but I felt I should give my thoughts. I don't usually read too much on the various faction profiles as most factions tend to feel empty with a different coat of paint. Sure you get ships from a lot of them, but nothing ever really feels like it matters. You never talk to them or interact with them, it's a faceless horde. What would make a faction feel like they truly exist in the universe?

I think this mod does a good job of taking the steps toward the feeling that they do exist within the world, despite being completely alien from it. It's the little things, something as ridiculously small as waiting in line for ice cream adds to the world building. But perhaps it's all the more crushing that they know that they don't belong in it. There is no domineering desire to control the sector, nor police it. They simply make the best of a bad situation without falling to despair. I am reminded that it is believed that ignorance is bliss and we can gather that by extension, awareness is torture. I think there is strength in facing the true and brutal reality, even if it seems like it may never change.

One day I'll probably still steal their flagship from them though.
We'll see.

I find it kind of funny that I'm essentially bribing them with their own sweets. And being able to produce their wares was a bit surprising to me, and while I usually don't commission myself to other factions, I decided to try it with this one. Kind of curious to see where you go from here.

On a side note, I used to hate this style of portraits, but now I can't play without them. Funny how that works.

SHIPS: The ships are wonderful. I usually go full remnant by the end, big A.I. freak, but these ones are so sublime that they became the core of my forces. I was using that special RAMA II, and they can kite like no ships I've ever seen. Still trying to figure out how to make the A.I. shoot the Minibreve(s) though. And the scream that the Semibreve makes hits just right.

I should say, for some reason the zip file wouldn't let me use the interplanetary confectionary even with a commission, but the .rar file did. Couldn't figure out why. Real headscratcher.

All in all, great mod, one of the best ones out there right now.
It's easier surrounded by seas,
A simple safety, Without regrets,
Until the thoughts arrive as the sun sets,
Basking the world in twilight,
As cracks in the clouds bleed golden skylight,
They seem so far away.

Ledah

• Ensign
  • Off to scour the sector for pre-collapse Fumos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 12, 2023, 01:02:44 AM »

SHIPS: The ships are wonderful. I usually go full remnant by the end, big A.I. freak, but these ones are so sublime that they became the core of my forces. I was using that special RAMA II, and they can kite like no ships I've ever seen. Still trying to figure out how to make the A.I. shoot the Minibreve(s) though. And the scream that the Semibreve makes hits just right.

I should say, for some reason the zip file wouldn't let me use the interplanetary confectionary even with a commission, but the .rar file did. Couldn't figure out why. Real headscratcher.

I thought it was me building my ships weird, to have problems with that. From what I noticed, the AI seems to have trouble with weapons that have to charge to fire. They pump the charge oddly, so it's not as efficient in terms of DPS. Tona Railguns comes to mind, and Minibreve Launcher often fails to launch at at a good time, if at all... Unless Alex improves the AI on that end, it might be nice if the weapons could be changed to click-fire like the others, but have a slight delay to firing in exchange for the charge-up.

Regarding the ZIP - RAR thing, they're different versions is why. The rar link is the hotfix version which includes the fix for that confectionery bug.

Also quite late, but glad CY is feeling a little better. Perhaps you can try to mix your time with your other project, to change your days up a little. Call it a side hobby  ;)
On a side note, found my first keycard (The violet kind)! They're real! 6 Osela ships and a Scinaut makes me feel like Space Dora lol  ;D
Smuggler?! I prefer "Sneaky Relief Fleet Captain"
Will pay taxes for coffee mommy head-pats

Ledah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 12, 2023, 01:07:53 AM »

I'm able to acquire both income and upkeep multipliers for "Bakery: Population" simply by hovering over the Interplanetary Confectionery structure and seeing its description...
The multiplier values assigned seem to be random, but can be changed by doing the same steps on a new month. When the bakery's actually built though, the multipliers do the changes on its own every month (Is it simulating sales?   8)).

Forgot to update on this! The multipliers turned out to be based on colony stability. By un-assigning administrators for the debuff, I can bring the colony stability down to 5, which has the normal x1 multipliers. No longer a problem accidentally getting them and feeling like I tricked the economy lol.

Not sure if I found another bug though. Purcellyra's Missile Rack Accelerator doesn't seem to affect missiles currently on 0 ammo.
https://imgur.com/a/FiTmVsZ

Konturga

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 12, 2023, 03:09:58 AM »

I thought it was me building my ships weird, to have problems with that. From what I noticed, the AI seems to have trouble with weapons that have to charge to fire. They pump the charge oddly, so it's not as efficient in terms of DPS. Tona Railguns comes to mind, and Minibreve Launcher often fails to launch at at a good time, if at all... Unless Alex improves the AI on that end, it might be nice if the weapons could be changed to click-fire like the others, but have a slight delay to firing in exchange for the charge-up.

Regarding the ZIP - RAR thing, they're different versions is why. The rar link is the hotfix version which includes the fix for that confectionery bug.

Also quite late, but glad CY is feeling a little better. Perhaps you can try to mix your time with your other project, to change your days up a little. Call it a side hobby  ;)
On a side note, found my first keycard (The violet kind)! They're real! 6 Osela ships and a Scinaut makes me feel like Space Dora lol  ;D

I’m glad that I’m not the only one who can’t get them to fire. The strange part is, the medium version usually works fine. I can get it to fire if I pair it up with a machine gun or point defense, that was how I used to rig up my Griffins so they would blast everything as fast as possible. But that usually ends up wasting the missile. 

That being said.. I didn’t actually know they needed to be charged to fire.. although that might be because I couldn’t pilot to save my life. But the fact that the input needs to be held down.. it actually explains a lot. It sounds like the inputs aren’t long enough to fire. So it’s pressing fire but not firing.. Interesting..

I guess I done goofed on the rar and zip, I probably didn’t read it right then. It’s good to know.

You found a keycard though? Interesting. How’d you find that? I’ve had several universe ending play-throughs and I’ve yet to find one.
They seem so far away.

Aevita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 12, 2023, 09:11:54 AM »

I found one single orange? keycard when i kill a pirate fleet around 10 LY near Aoi system.

other than that....6 campaign, more than 200 hours, nothing.

Also did they nerf semibreve? Seem like it's a bit weaker than i remember.

There are also A LOT of rework on UAF ship as a whole that i want to made a review, but i think it's best to wait until they are in a more stable state. Some stuff are still a bit buggy, Raffle-chan for example.

As a whole: They are a bit more tanky now with the November variant thx for the extra "padding"
Ricochet lmao.( Pair with hel armor and you pratically a zombie.)
Eyeseau is somewhat less useless now, but still occupy like 32 dep point which is REALLY bad. You can still use her as an exploration ship tho. STILL 32 DP THO.

Minibreve S and M basically need ECCM or they are kinda useless, with slow ass speed and terrible turn rate. That's a WHOLE lots of OP, kinda wasted, imo. Just use taufan, at least they get protecc and deliver by the fighter.

That's all i could think off top of my head, still messing around with the new update anw.

Ledah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 12, 2023, 02:52:46 PM »

I’m glad that I’m not the only one who can’t get them to fire. The strange part is, the medium version usually works fine. I can get it to fire if I pair it up with a machine gun or point defense, that was how I used to rig up my Griffins so they would blast everything as fast as possible. But that usually ends up wasting the missile. 

That being said.. I didn’t actually know they needed to be charged to fire.. although that might be because I couldn’t pilot to save my life. But the fact that the input needs to be held down.. it actually explains a lot. It sounds like the inputs aren’t long enough to fire. So it’s pressing fire but not firing.. Interesting..

I guess I done goofed on the rar and zip, I probably didn’t read it right then. It’s good to know.

You found a keycard though? Interesting. How’d you find that? I’ve had several universe ending play-throughs and I’ve yet to find one.

You're GLAD we can't fire them?! Kidding, I know what you meant. And yea, sometimes when the AI switches to their weapon group, it just cycles to the other launchers without launching any of them. Do you know if Aggressive / Reckless officers have better results? I very rarely use officers that aren't Steady (Fits my playstyle better).

I found the keycard off a Research Station. Apparently it's the 2nd lowest level among the 5 keycards, so I thought they'd be a little more common lol. Well, at least it'd make collecting the whole set a big achievement  :)

Konturga

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 12, 2023, 04:57:58 PM »

I found one single orange? keycard when i kill a pirate fleet around 10 LY near Aoi system.

other than that....6 campaign, more than 200 hours, nothing.

...S and M basically need ECCM or they are kinda useless, with slow ass speed and terrible turn rate. That's a WHOLE lots of OP, kinda wasted, imo. Just use taufan, at least they get protecc and deliver by the fighter.

Orange, huh? That's cool. I wonder what you can get with them. I know it doesn't, or am relatively sure that it isn't like that, but it would be really cool if you could exchange them for special hullmod blueprints. They're access cards that are heavily encrypted, it'd make sense that they would open multi-dimensional technology caches.
They seem so far away.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 79