Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 79

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 594422 times)

phampanvn1998

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.73c / 0.73c1
« Reply #645 on: February 28, 2023, 03:59:40 PM »

I quite enjoy the new Taufan. Now overpowered before but still powerful and most important of all it doesn't blow up my ships

Rekrn123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 28, 2023, 09:54:06 PM »

So is it a known bug joining the UAF just doesn't work? I get the options and I click through it but when it gets to the last page to accept it just does nothing and loops back to the start.

MetricWeakness

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 01, 2023, 02:54:42 AM »

Hi there, using the 0.72 version of UAF worked just fine. But the new 0.73 version doesn't work even after using the .rar hotfix one. It always shows that particular error.
(I'm on Linux btw, so unsure if it's just me having this problem)
(just found out, if you click on the image, it enlargens it)

Something I just noticed, all other Weiss FLK guns have a "thumbs.db" file except for the "Weiss FLK PD" file.

TheVanguardKing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 01, 2023, 05:59:25 AM »

Hi there, using the 0.72 version of UAF worked just fine. But the new 0.73 version doesn't work even after using the .rar hotfix one. It always shows that particular error.

Something I just noticed, all other Weiss FLK guns have a "thumbs.db" file except for the "Weiss FLK PD" file.

If you are still having the .PNG crash Degraine posted a solution. The actual error seems to be that the pointer is looking for a .PNG and not a .png, and linux apparently cares about the case.

Can't seem to get starsector to start with the new UAF update enabled on linux. Crashes during the initial load with this error.

Fatal: Error loading [graphics/weapons/Weiss FLK PD/pd_weiss_flk_hardpoint_recoil.PNG] resource, not found in [/home/christopher/Downloads/starsector (copy)/./mods/LazyLib,/home/christopher/Downloads/starsector (copy)/./mods/MagicLib,/home/christopher/Downloads/starsector (copy)/./mods/Nexerelin,/home/christopher/Downloads/starsector (copy)/./mods/UAF,/home/christopher/Downloads/starsector (copy)/./mods/GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]

I'm sure Milky will fix this soon, but to fix this yourself in the meantime, open a terminal in the mods/UAF/data/weapons subfolder, and type this command to make every instance of 'PNG' into 'png' in the files here:

Code
sed -i -- 's/PNG/png/g' *.wpn
Fixed it for me right away.

kaoswreck

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 01, 2023, 11:05:40 AM »

Not sure if this is a bug or just an unfortunate mod interaction, but industrial evolution's automated shipyard megastructure can create the royal variant of the battlecruiser, but its missing the front armor bits, which causes a bug that crashes the game when trying to autofit it. You can even get the Noveria from it but it works fine.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 01, 2023, 11:09:59 AM »

I'm stuck at relationship 24 with Nia Auroria, can't seem to raise it any further.  She doesn't offer me any jobs either to do

Rekrn123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 01, 2023, 01:51:24 PM »

I'm stuck at relationship 24 with Nia Auroria, can't seem to raise it any further.  She doesn't offer me any jobs either to do

I had this same issue. I found it soft locks you at 24 and opens up missions from her. Still the interaction to join the UAF seems to be broken for me. Not sure if there is a minimum reputation required or something else that isn't acting properly.

TheVanguardKing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 01, 2023, 03:32:56 PM »

I had this same issue. I found it soft locks you at 24 and opens up missions from her. Still the interaction to join the UAF seems to be broken for me. Not sure if there is a minimum reputation required or something else that isn't acting properly.

Have you developed her as a contact in your Int(E)l menu? Should be available as soon as you raise her opinion to +1. She will not offer jobs until you do that. You can have up to 5 developed contacts, and each additional after costs a story point.

+24 Is her rep soft cap for gifts, jobs raise it fine after that. +25 unlocks two other contacts with an additional two at +50.

To get a UAF commission you have to raise your UAF rep. Jobs for Nia are the easiest to access, but any other contacts you develop with Aurorans or trade deals with their planets count as well. At or above +10, talk to a base or station commander and ask "to be commissioned by the Aurora Federation." They will give you a recommendation that you then take to Nia and ask to be commissioned.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 03:51:55 PM by TheVanguardKing »

MetricWeakness

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 01, 2023, 08:20:22 PM »

If you are still having the .PNG crash Degraine posted a solution. The actual error seems to be that the pointer is looking for a .PNG and not a .png, and linux apparently cares about the case.

Can't seem to get starsector to start with the new UAF update enabled on linux. Crashes during the initial load with this error.

Fatal: Error loading [graphics/weapons/Weiss FLK PD/pd_weiss_flk_hardpoint_recoil.PNG] resource, not found in [/home/christopher/Downloads/starsector (copy)/./mods/LazyLib,/home/christopher/Downloads/starsector (copy)/./mods/MagicLib,/home/christopher/Downloads/starsector (copy)/./mods/Nexerelin,/home/christopher/Downloads/starsector (copy)/./mods/UAF,/home/christopher/Downloads/starsector (copy)/./mods/GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]

I'm sure Milky will fix this soon, but to fix this yourself in the meantime, open a terminal in the mods/UAF/data/weapons subfolder, and type this command to make every instance of 'PNG' into 'png' in the files here:

Code
sed -i -- 's/PNG/png/g' *.wpn
Fixed it for me right away.

Thank you :D

Edix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 02, 2023, 07:34:16 AM »

Am I the only one here having difficulty with the whole interdimensional confectionary business?

Commisioned - yes.
acquire permit from nia - yes.
free industry slot - yes.
buildable - should be but I can't. keep being told I need to be commissioned/allied with the UAF and the permit.

Is there another condition I'm missing? or is the fact I've done everything simply not registering?

I literally got commissioned and the permit in the same visit to vermillion station, yet I still can't build it. Hell, I even got all the other perms too. except the omniscan because I don't have the required ship yet in this run.

besides this - I'm not having any other issues whatsoever, other than copious misuse of semibreves.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #655 on: March 02, 2023, 08:14:53 AM »

Commisioned - yes.
acquire permit from nia - yes.
free industry slot - yes.
buildable - should be but I can't. keep being told I need to be commissioned/allied with the UAF and the permit.

Have you try the hotfix?

Edix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 02, 2023, 09:11:25 AM »

Have you try the hotfix?

oh. I'm still running 0.73c. lemme try that rq

Edix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 02, 2023, 09:24:40 AM »

Have you try the hotfix?

oh. I'm still running 0.73c. lemme try that rq

yup, that did it. surprised I missed that.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 02, 2023, 02:04:22 PM »

Have you developed her as a contact in your Int(E)l menu? Should be available as soon as you raise her opinion to +1. She will not offer jobs until you do that. You can have up to 5 developed contacts, and each additional after costs a story point.

+24 Is her rep soft cap for gifts, jobs raise it fine after that. +25 unlocks two other contacts with an additional two at +50.

To get a UAF commission you have to raise your UAF rep. Jobs for Nia are the easiest to access, but any other contacts you develop with Aurorans or trade deals with their planets count as well. At or above +10, talk to a base or station commander and ask "to be commissioned by the Aurora Federation." They will give you a recommendation that you then take to Nia and ask to be commissioned.

Ooh didn't know I had to develop her first.  Okay now I understand.  Thanks.

By the way sometimes when I decline to purchase a UAF ship from a bar NPC the game crashes. 

Vuk Sev

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 02, 2023, 08:41:46 PM »

First of all hi.
Second of all, Mod-Dev. I love your mod, I made an account here just so I can say this.(not really but I do care about your mod enough to do this).

However I have some complaint about the music while visiting planet markets. It's unreasonably loud (I'll not comment on artistic choice, while weird, it's not an issue).

Anyway, I reduced about -15 decibels across the neutral/hostile/friendly market .ogg sounds to make it more bearable while playing.
And I uploaded on MEGA.NZ for anyone else who needs this sound "fix".
https://mega.nz/folder/LS4VWA7A#uar9DACxhfFq5SVLAoiK9w

GUIDE-> Change files inside mods->UAF->sounds->music

Now Im back to the shadowrealm.

EDIT: I've only edited market loop music, and nothing else.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 08:44:38 PM by Vuk Sev »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 79