Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 79

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 595143 times)

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1b / g1da_exp
« Reply #450 on: October 08, 2022, 01:49:57 PM »

Probably a stupid question, but still: when updating the mod, do i need to simple unpack files in old mod-folder and remove old files, or delete it completly and unpack in a new one?

Always delete the folder of a given mod entirely and unzip the new version in full. Trying to replace files line by line is a recipe for total disaster. (And frankly, full "reinstalls" are actually quicker.)

Kasrkin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 09, 2022, 12:07:28 AM »

Thank you for answer
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 12:09:29 AM by Kasrkin »

Gaaius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 09, 2022, 12:57:00 AM »

There are inconsistencies in file-suffix capitalisation:
"uaf_pd_reina" and "uaf_weiss_flk" use "PNG" as file suffix for the turret and hardpoint recoil (but not other graphics), while all other references to graphics are "png"
A Problem is that "pd_claris" only references lower case suffix "png", but two files "pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.PNG" and "pd_claris_cn_turret_recoil.PNG" use the uppercase suffix. This creates a problem on case-sensitive operating systems.

Giokins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 09, 2022, 03:43:15 AM »

So I think I found a way you can glitch the Queen into talking with you. Go to the comm directory and click on her, and when it says that you need access, immediately go to the trading screen and ESC out. You'll be shown her conversation menu lol.
Obviously don't do this if you don't want spoilers.

Jaon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1b / g1c_exp
« Reply #454 on: October 09, 2022, 04:49:55 AM »

Hey so an issue i have is that despite getting both faction reputation and Relation with Nia to max i am unable to request access, when i select the option nothing pops up, any ideas on how to fix this?
Hey folks, just wanted to come by and give those wondering about the "Aurora Diplomatic Bureau" lock-out / missing text with UAF Admins that I've seen mentioned a few times.

It seems that the Iron Shell v1.1 and 1.181 mod (link: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18297.0 , by Timid) is incompatible with the named UAF Admins "Spark A Conversation" option, specifically those relating to progressing the mod's faction story in the mods' version 72f3e and 72g1b. Namely Nia, AER-1A, Aeria Charllote, Alexandra Yamato, etc.

Hey! Created an account to ask - did you find a fix for this? I've just started up my first modded run and am super bummed I cant do the UAF story with Iron Shell enabled :(

Tzerenath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 09, 2022, 10:20:21 AM »

Hey so an issue i have is that despite getting both faction reputation and Relation with Nia to max i am unable to request access, when i select the option nothing pops up, any ideas on how to fix this?
Hey folks, just wanted to come by and give those wondering about the "Aurora Diplomatic Bureau" lock-out / missing text with UAF Admins that I've seen mentioned a few times.

It seems that the Iron Shell v1.1 and 1.181 mod (link: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18297.0 , by Timid) is incompatible with the named UAF Admins "Spark A Conversation" option, specifically those relating to progressing the mod's faction story in the mods' version 72f3e and 72g1b. Namely Nia, AER-1A, Aeria Charllote, Alexandra Yamato, etc.

Hey! Created an account to ask - did you find a fix for this? I've just started up my first modded run and am super bummed I cant do the UAF story with Iron Shell enabled :(

Are you sure it is Iron shell that causes this? I've been playing with both 1.14 and 1.181 and i've had no issues with progressing through the UAF. Using older builds of UAF and the latest build.

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 10, 2022, 07:45:29 AM »

Are the patch notes available without patreon's pay wall?

StenKIRA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 10, 2022, 02:24:35 PM »

Are the patch notes available without patreon's pay wall?

You don't have to pay to see the patches or their patch notes on the patreon...

Jaon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 11, 2022, 07:15:35 AM »

Are you sure it is Iron shell that causes this? I've been playing with both 1.14 and 1.181 and i've had no issues with progressing through the UAF. Using older builds of UAF and the latest build.

Just going off what The Lag Mechanic said - it seems to be the case - the 4th conversation option (Spark A Conversation) is not available when I go to speak to Nia, while when speaking to Iron Shell reps they have the 4th option.

Tzerenath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 11, 2022, 10:42:30 AM »

I started a modded game with just the basic hard requierments for both Iron shell 1.18.1, UAF 0.7.2g1da, nex and the libs.
And I'm still able to "Try to spark a conversation with Nia" and after bribing with cake and compliments request access to progress into UAF.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 11, 2022, 08:50:09 PM »

I started a modded game with just the basic hard requierments for both Iron shell 1.18.1, UAF 0.7.2g1da, nex and the libs.
And I'm still able to "Try to spark a conversation with Nia" and after bribing with cake and compliments request access to progress into UAF.

Do you have her set as a contact?  Thats what I had to do with those characters in order to progress relationship further.

Tzerenath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 12, 2022, 08:20:27 AM »

Do you have her set as a contact?  Thats what I had to do with those characters in order to progress relationship further.

I might've been unclear. What I meant was that I can't find any conflict between Iron Shell and UAF that causes issues when I'm only running those mods. As people before me has stated they have issues with this combination of mods wcausing the line "Try to spark a conversation with Nia" not appearing, thus unable to progress UAF.
But you have a point in that you need to set her as a contact.

DecimaMASAdmiral

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 12, 2022, 02:21:13 PM »

Hey, gotta say Im loving this mod! Very great work, two minor issues ive had so far. One, I cannot form a Harem fleet with all the UAF and Iron Shell Waifus. For this YOU WILL PAY DEARLY. Secondly and more seriously I am not sure if its an error on my part or as intended but I can only seem to get access if I am directly commissioned by the UAF, I mean I get it, but it would be nice if I could still get the benefits if I am in an alliance with them. Since I dont really like being a non-voting member in an alliance in which i have almost double the size of the other members. Keep up the good work my friend.

Nav

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 13, 2022, 09:58:28 AM »

Love this mod but might have found a bug, is this the place to post it? it involves the built in weapon called the Sakura ASSVLMS.

I Fredric I

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 13, 2022, 11:07:06 AM »

I've played this mod through hell and back and it's the one that actually made me try Starsector for real this time and I fell in love with it, awesome work!
I just need to know, do you have to have a Commission to get access to it all?
First playthough I was with them all the way but I am on my now second play on my own, I got them in an alliance and I'm cooperative with them but no luck, am I missing something or you really need a Comm?

Cheers.
Wah
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 79