Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Operating time limit halves battle gameplay experience  (Read 2452 times)

Fandanguero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Operating time limit halves battle gameplay experience
« on: June 11, 2017, 01:42:40 AM »

In the time the game got operating time limit for ships we lost in gameplay diversity. Now the only goal in the game is to get a fleet of the biggest ships. The bigger they are the less damage you will suffer from the battles.

Battle gameplay could be multiplied by 2 if we get the ability to destroy fleets of any size in some fellow Hyperion again  ;D
It is no better than having fleet but it is +1 choice.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Operating time limit halves battle gameplay experience
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 04:49:55 PM »

And bigger the fleet means bigger the supply consumption which might make you bankrupt :P

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 05:21:41 PM »

I would like to stop having to retreat my frigates in every battle just to conserve CR, but otherwise I have no issue with it.

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 03:50:50 AM »

I would like to stop having to retreat my frigates in every battle just to conserve CR, but otherwise I have no issue with it.
This is part of the challenge. If you're running a fleet with a variety of ship sizes, keep some frigates in reserve so you can swap them out

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 03:11:32 PM »

This is part of the challenge. If you're running a fleet with a variety of ship sizes, keep some frigates in reserve so you can swap them out
The problem is, if you got too many frigates, you WILL run out of command points just by ordering frigs on CR timeout to retreat. I've had this happen several times, and my fleet isn't that frigate heavy anyway.

IMO ordering a ship to retreat should not cost any command points. You're not going to win the battle by retreating individual ships anyway.

Dwarfslayer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 04:34:25 PM »

Being unable to retreat groups of ships (as far as I can tell) is a little annoying. Retreats really suck up the CP, I'd like to be able to select my 3 frigates and give them a group retreat order, rather than individually calling each ship captain and telling them to take a break before I can bring on my fresh replacements.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 05:19:05 PM »

Ordering multiple ships to retreat at once only costs 1 CP