Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are the colossus Mk II and Mk III good?  (Read 10301 times)

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Are the colossus Mk II and Mk III good?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 05:34:03 AM »

I've been fighting a lot of Luddic Path so I am familiar with the Mk II. While it does make for a fun beefy opponent its basically a oversized frigate with a hammer launcher strapped to the front.

I owned one at some point and it basically doesn't have enough OP for any decent weapons, let alone mods.

It's not a viable warship by any degree, it's mostly a damage sponge for the LP's frigate swarm and a carrier for most of their hammer torpedoes.

It'll mess your face up if it had support and is allowed to fire hammer wave after wave, otherwise you just fill em with lead and move on to the more dangerous LP carriers and annoying speedy frigate swarms.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 04:23:44 PM »

Imo the MK II and MK III should get 2 fighter bays and 2 hammer barrages. That would make them a tad less sucky.
2 Hammer barrages might let you alpha strike destroyers to death, and with combat skills might also delete cruisers. No complaint about the fighters though.

Might being the key word.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 04:09:42 PM »

2 Hammer barrages might will definitely let you alpha strike destroyers to death, and with combat skills might also delete cruisers. No complaint about the fighters though.
Fixed that for you.

8 Hammers is an alpha of 12k HE damage, which will promptly obliterate any destroyer you hit.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 04:22:54 PM »

8 Hammers is an alpha of 12k HE damage, which will promptly obliterate any destroyer you hit.
12k HE damage = 6k damage to shields = 3.6k flux applied to a Medusa's shields = one very un-obliterated destroyer.

For fair comparison, a Sunder can (just barely) shield tank that same hit, a Hammerhead would overload and take a non-lethal amount of hull damage, and an Enforcer might actually die to such a salvo.  Of course, that assumes the Enforcer doesn't mount flak, that none of the destroyers use hardened shields or have officers with defensive skills, and that nobody installed any extra flux capacitors.  These do not seem to me to be safe assumptions.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 04:27:46 PM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
Pages: 1 [2]