Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: [0.97a] prv Starworks v28.3 (2024-03-11)  (Read 347155 times)

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] prv Starworks v27 (2023-05-20)
« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2023, 12:21:01 AM »

DOWNLOAD prv Starworks v27 - Always delete the old version before installing a new one.

###

v27 - Savegame compatible.

----------------
- Weapons
----------------

Added the Blaster Charge Rack, Disperser and Launcher
- Directed energy blast missiles. Crude but flexible.
- Used by the Rust Belt.

Vakt Flicker Beam
- Damage per second increased by 30%.
- Flux per second increased by 3%
-- Now 0.8 flux/damage.

Svala, Rörsångare Torpedoes
- Retired, should no longer spawn.
- Custom AI disabled.

Heavy Akers sprite updated.
Fixed Shock Detonator tooltip.

----------------
- Ships
----------------

Flamma (Diktat)
- Medium turret mount changed from composite to ballistic.
- Maintenance and recovery cost reduced to 5.
- Description updated.

Eld (Diktat)
- Description updated.

Flock (League)
- Redesignated from Flock (Export)
- Medium composite mounts changed to missile.
- Small composite mounts changed to ballistic.
- No longer used by the Sindrian Diktat. Correction: this was not done.
- Description updated.

Tystnad (League)
- Medium composite mount changed to missile.

Sorl (League)
- Front medium turrets changed to missile.
- Rear medium turret changed to hybrid.
- Small mounts changed to energy.
- Removed Gengångare Reversion Core hullmod.

Fasnod
- Built-in AM Blaster removed.
- Mounts updated, all now converge frontally.
- OP increased by 5.
- Sprite updated.

Fasnod (P)
- Mounts updated.
- Maintenance and recovery cost reduced to 7.
- Sprite updated.

Shrike (prv)
- OP increased by 5.

Skymning
- Shield efficiency improved to 0,8.

Gabbro
- Mounts updated, now a dedicated broadside ship.
- OP increased by 35.
- Shield changed to 150° Omni.
-- Same as the base Starliner.
- Sprite updated.

Gremlin (RB)
- Shield removed.
- Maintenance and recovery cost reduced to 4.

Hornfels
- Small hybrid hardpoints changed to turrets.
- Sprite adjusted.

Hornfels (LP)
- Hybrid mounts changed to ballistic.
- Built-in Hammer Launcher replaced with Jackhammers.
- Sprite adjusted.

Ljus (LP)
- Built-in Hammer Launcher replaced with Jackhammer.

Aska (LC)
- Removed ALWAYS_PANIC AI hint.

Many, many ship variant updates.

----------------
- Other
----------------

Agni Pureflame burn effect
- Reduced the application rate for heavy burns, they will now linger for longer.
-- Due to hit strength calculations this will slightly reduce the total damage.
- Color will now shift towards blue-white at very high burn levels.

Agni Scale Fighter
- Now lists Heat Radiance as one of its weapons.
-- Was previously displayed as a hullmod.
- Heat Radiance damage type changed to energy.
- Base damage reduced by 25%.

Various faction equipment tweaks.
Significantly reduced the Rusters selection of missiles.
Gravitic effects will now ignore DEM drones.
Removed incorrectly listed Ramshield Adjunct S-mod bonus (was nonfunctional).
Fixed a crash related to ships with a Ramshield listener that have their ShieldAPI nulled post-creation.
Fixed Sindrian Diktat design type not being purple.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 12:29:24 PM by prav »

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 20, 2023, 12:22:07 AM »

DOWNLOAD prv Extraworks v5 - Always delete the old version before installing a new one.

###

v5

Updated Lion's Guard exports:
- Weapon layouts now focus on energy weapons, with supporting hybrid and missile slots.
- Ramshields have been removed, replaced with Energy Bolt Coherers.
- Sprites updated.

Eld (LG)
- Overdrive Adapter hullmod added.

Flock (LG)
- System changed to Displacer.
-- The Lion's Guard do not use any missiles that significantly benefit from Fast Missile Racks.

Klirr Companion Drone
- Removed one Graviton Blaster (of two).
- No longer tracks weapon flux.
- Flux capacity increased to 600.
- Hull Integrity increased to 550.
- Armor increased to 100.

At the Gates of HEL Mission
- Blue Star should once again have a reasonable loadout.

Soviet Tom Bombadil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 21, 2023, 12:11:49 PM »

prv path work with 96?

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 21, 2023, 01:57:16 PM »

prv path work with 96?

Yes, just needed a signature update.

prv Path v1.1 download

Discgear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 31, 2023, 12:44:01 AM »

Hey, just wanted to report the S-mod bonus for the hullmod 'Ramshield Adjunct' does not actually apply. The stat sheet and in simulator, damage to shields remain the same whether or not it was S-modded. Unknown if 0.96a broke it or it never worked at all.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 31, 2023, 01:04:03 PM »

Hey, just wanted to report the S-mod bonus for the hullmod 'Ramshield Adjunct' does not actually apply. The stat sheet and in simulator, damage to shields remain the same whether or not it was S-modded. Unknown if 0.96a broke it or it never worked at all.

Ah shoot, I think I forgot to disable the option to smod it - it was just a bit too easy a choice when you could skip the penalty.

Thanks for the report, I'll have it fixed for the next version.

FunFact216

• Ensign
  • The stars belong to me, captain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 31, 2023, 08:10:36 PM »

I'm all for the Agni, but they don't seem to have anything keeping them from following you across the entire sector. I can take any group willing to pursue you and dump them off on any faction I want to destroy.

You can even chain outer systems to pick up multiple groups. Most factions will follow you a bit into hyperspace, but the Agni never stop as long as they can detect you. And even if they lose you in a hyperspace storm for a moment they'll continue on your last path.

I have rabid animals on a loose leash behind me. I'm able to put them anywhere I'm willing to fly. Not sure if that's intentional but it's incredibly easy to cheese and can be done from the beginning of the game with one ship.
When you've completely run out of fuel, you're already halfway home!

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2023, 01:08:30 AM »

Oh that's funny - they've got the same long pursuit flag as the Remnant, but since they can enter hyperspace they just keep going.

I'll just remove that, they should be satisfied so long as you shove off and leave them alone.

ShadowKnightNZ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2023, 03:21:35 AM »

i conquerored a prv planet and to upgrade the starbase i need a facilty blueprint where would i find that??

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 01, 2023, 03:25:38 AM »

i conquerored a prv planet and to upgrade the starbase i need a facilty blueprint where would i find that??

Laboratory Complex R&D markets (such as on the Ryak HEL station) sometimes sell it.

You can also dismantle the station and build a standard model instead - which is probably cheaper, since industry BPs are pretty pricy.

Talinoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 04, 2023, 02:51:12 PM »

Meeting the Agni in combat is very punishing. The standoff midline "shoot, kite, launch fighters" fleet builds I'm so fond of get their fighters melted instantly by the pollen and the "fighters" with flame breath, the Agni themselves soak absolutely astounding amounts of raw damage between their armour stats and cocoon abilities, they're really deceptively fast, and having a Buck charge one of your cruisers is like not entirely unlike having a player character with 10 elite combat skills and a Dominator charge them. I'm actually pretty sure a Buck could 1v1 a Hegemony Onslaught - not having to worry about flux + dealing concerning damage with their Pureflame lances and DOT.

I figured out my method for beating them - UAF's Purcellyra missile capital takes advantage of the one thing Agni are only "very good" at instead of "extremely strong", which is point defense. Spamming salvos of guided missiles and picking them off seems to be the winning play. You'd think a beam build would work better, but I picked up a Cabal unique ship (the "Euphoria") after killing an IBB bounty that uses gatling-gun Tachyon Lances as its special, and they're only mildly effective instead of ruthlessly effective. Killing them with missile spam is still really hard - the Agni are highly aggressive and will force the issue and come to you to stop you + take way more missiles to stop than even a fully shielded ship in the same weight class + have the pollen, pureflame fighters, and cocoons to slow you down, but at least volleys of nuclear warheads actually put them down. Phew!
There's still an obvious answer that doesn't require a player character with 2 capstone combat skills - an Executor with HILs - but woe betide you if you were dumb enough to use something like kinetic-heavy capitals with a top speed of 40su. Couldn't be me :^)
Their other big weakness is their lowish Peak Performance time and the amount of CR they lose each fight. They die very easily if they run from you. Just.. woe betide you if they outnumber you.

But yeah, I only have one ship in my entire fleet that can reliably fight Agni - my own. Everything else just gets run down - one of my star-performer cruisers that crushes other factions effortlessly instead got blown up so many times the crew went Mutinous! No matter how much dp spending you think is "overpreparing" for a fight, you actually need more, way more. What's worse is that unless you fight very carefully, the juice is often not worth the squeeze.
Ruthless Sector massively underestimates just how dangerous they are (less xp) and you don't get Supplies or Fuel from the fight - you get Organics, Transplutonic Ore, and Volatiles. Technically they could be worth a bit, but fighting Agni cuts your expeditions short and forces you to go back to market very early, and that's without having to repair blown up ships. Meanwhile, my ship can stay in deep space blowing up REDACTED indefinitely and never have to buy Supplies or Fuel, plus the rewards usually more than cover your costs.

The fleet numbers aren't mild either - the system I'm in right now has four nests! And I thought the Mess swarms in Hazard Mining Incorporated were crazy. Look how many I had to kill attacking my Star Fortress! https://imgur.com/a/4YxgIkl

Solarshade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 04, 2023, 03:51:29 PM »

Minor bug/issue, the prv Shrike doesn't have a ramshield despite it's description saying that it should

atreg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 04, 2023, 04:38:21 PM »

I don't know if this is just a simulator thing, but whenever I'm testing out ships with Gravitic Anchors, it seems like the AI will toggle them endlessly instead of leaving them on.

Solarshade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 26, 2023, 07:08:35 PM »

Encountered an odd bug that is as far as I can tell tied to the spawning of Yttre Bortom, with it deleting planets in it's orbit successfully, but not deleting their moons, magnetic fields, or hyperspace objects like jump points tied to them.

Aweguy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2023, 12:14:06 PM »

I am having a problem whenever i fight agni. For some reason in the course of the battle, SOS morse sounds happen. It gets very annoying especially if i am fighting a big number of agni in a battle? Any way to disable it?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25