Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: DeathSG Minimash V1.3d! Up for grabs!  (Read 131630 times)

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: DeathSG Minimash V1.2a! REJOICE!
« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2012, 02:02:09 AM »

Yeah this is currently not compatible with anything atm just did some testing and nothing works with it--needs to be more spawning from the sun/edge and non conflicting files so stuff like this doesnt happen. There should be a full/compatible version for every mod so you can get the full if you want to play with it alone or with just a few mods or get the compatible version and throw in mods to your hearts content.

The vanilla ships needs some drastic rebalancing soooo tired of trying to make them work when theres so many better ships getting added every day. The eagle is now down right horrible and i'd never buy another carrier that isent better then the gun runners carrier thats if i even bother with a carrier after i get the parrot. Some sort of bar is going to be needed or else the game will become an unstoppable arms race.

I suggest a balance thread where new ships are posted with their stats and everyone can comment on their balance so if anyone ever wants to add another ship to the game they can read the thread to get a good grip on whats already made and what their ship is facing.

misterjscape

• Ensign
  • Tyrant of My Head.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 13, 2012, 07:45:31 AM »

Yep. When you start the game, in the launcher window that pops up click the "Mods" option and tick the box next to the mod you want to enable. Also keep in mind that some custom factions take a while to deploy in-game, usually ~30 days.

Thanks, but that is not really the problem I'm having.
As I said, the missions still show up, but I've played the campaign for a few RL hours now (which have still been a blast with the awesome state the game is in already).  It seems some weapons from the space pirates mod have been showing up, but I have yet to see anything else. If I recall correctly, we had to move some files to the Starfarer-core/data folder.  has that not been changed?
:3

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 13, 2012, 07:52:55 AM »

Seems like I missed that part. :P

From what I know, there are no files to copy into separate folders with this mod. I am currently running the Demolisher mod (v1.0), v1.1a of this Minimash, TimCORP 0.7a, Scrappers and my own Positron mod, and they all work directly together without any files needing to be added outside of the mod directory that I know of. Any files that should be outside (mostly related to savegames) are automatically generated by the game.

I have to ask... Have you tried starting a new game yet? Most changes don't pop up on existing saves - only changes to stats (and possibly shop inventory) seem to show up.

misterjscape

• Ensign
  • Tyrant of My Head.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 13, 2012, 09:04:39 AM »

I guess I should of tried that :P
Looks like that did the trick, thanks for the help.
:3

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 13, 2012, 02:44:49 PM »

Heh just gave up on all the other mods till their added to this compilation just to many conflicts and this atleast is guaranteed to work.

bignumber

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 14, 2012, 08:16:29 PM »

Hey, I am having a problem trying to open the capital ships menu in the station purchasing window for the gun runner station. When ever I try to bring it up it will crash the game.

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.super.oOOO.I.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.N.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.OO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.OO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super.public$new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.D.ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.D.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.M.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.fleet.FleetMemberView.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.fleet.O0OO.void.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.fleet.O0OO.Oo0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.fleet.GenericGridViewContent.ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.util.CollectionView.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.fleet.GenericGridViewContent.String.return(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.if.class(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOo0.String.return(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0oo$Oo.String.return(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0oo.String.return(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.fleet.new.String.return(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.fleet.O0OO.String.return(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.Oo0O.String.return(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.I.String.return(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.float.String.return(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.K.String.return(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.super.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.oOOO.OõÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

DeathSG

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 14, 2012, 08:36:39 PM »

hmm i have no problem with it.

Dorfs R Fun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2012, 12:26:42 AM »

I've been running this mod with the star wars mod for some time with little problem. An occasional crash but it is few and far between and I save often.

I'm loving it. The combined effort has made this game delicious.

bignumber

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2012, 12:41:00 AM »

I was running that as well, though just not right at the moment. I had to cut down to stock because this mod is not too terribly good at handling tweaks. I had changed all the slots on the ships to universal and it turned out that was causing it to crash, whereas with the everything else I was using before this it worked fine. I am kinda disappointed that I can't get lovely, wonderful universal slots on everything but this mod is still lots of fun.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2012, 12:48:28 AM »

Holy *** just had the most epic battle ever with just my parrot and abunch of fighters vs 4 pirate cruisers, 6 destroyers and god knows how many fighters and frigates. I *** ran out of ammo FOR NEARLY ALL MY GUNS! Watching as my 3 assault guns spooled off their magazines point blank on that vanilla U cruiser at point blank was *** beautiful and the 2 rounds of large artillery sealing the deal as it tried to run had me screaming and pumping my fist.

My fighters were rearming under the guns and every single light mount had a LMG spewing rounds into space keeping most of the missiles off my ship but once my rear dual flaks went dry stuff started getting through. The enforcer destroyers were filling space with rockets as my captain danced the ship to try and avoid the worst of it. Watching that annoying ass single frigate try to cap a point across the field getting large artillery shells up its ass was gratifying as hell also.

I have the money for almost any ship i could want atm but i'm honestly just happy with my goddamn parrot and some fighters--the ship needs to be added into vanilla ASAP and made the flag ship for the game.

zeangrygerman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with this mod. I tried to run the mod on its own. It loads up, and I can start a new game. Problem is, that none of the space stations have loaded, or any fleets what so ever. The additional planets have shown up, so I left my game for a while, until 40 days had passed, and still nothing. Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, could you suggest a solution?

Many thanks!

-Zean.

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »

Usually problems are solved by deleting and reinstalling all the mods used

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 16, 2012, 05:47:13 AM »

Can I put in a request for this mod?

Please add the More Weapons mod as a separate download instead, for compatibility's sake, and get people to install it manually along with this mod (or include it in the mod .zip). This way no conflicts will arise when somebody else decides to use More Weapons with his/her own mod, as one central version will support all installed mods that use it.

For example, if I were to add More Weapons weapons to my own mod (as a separate download), and then somebody decided to run my mod + More Weapons along with the Minimash, they'd be greeted to a nice "weapon xxx exists already" error message. If there was a difference in versions used (with the Minimash using an older version), that could escalate to a full-on mod incompatibility that really shouldn't be possible. With a separate one-size-fits-all download on the other hand, the mods would work together really well!

Thanks for reading, and keep up the good work. ;)

Alendor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 16, 2012, 12:34:16 PM »

issue i noticed.  some of the alien fighters have much smaller hit boxes than their actual sprite.  hence alot of attacks pass right through them that otherwise should be hits.

Uziel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 16, 2012, 06:22:44 PM »

Its not just the aliens that have hitbox issues - the evermore battleship is completely invulnerable!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19