Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32

Author Topic: Newbie Guide Thread/ FAQ  (Read 385218 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Guide Thread/ FAQ
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 06:13:41 AM »

A few fixes, there is no longer a brawler as a starting ship.
Green diamonds are missiles slots
Explosive does 200% against armor now (I think)
TT station mod is done for. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

DoBeL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 10:38:19 AM »

hi, i'm new in starfarer and have a little question about our main ship in campaign mode
it's possible to change our main ship ?? (actually a charon, but i want my Matton as main ship :x)

thanks
DoBeL

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2012, 10:54:52 AM »

When on the campaign map, hit F to open up the fleet tab, and the G to designate which ship you want to be flying in.

This doesn't work when your in a station, so you have to be out and about flying around to change.

DoBeL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2012, 11:14:04 AM »

thanks FlashFrozen ;-)

and another question, an IRC channel exists for starfarer ? (or not)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2012, 11:24:04 AM »

It exists, but whether or not anybody still uses it is beyond me :P

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=264.0

Rinso

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2012, 02:58:57 AM »

I'm sorry...but is there only one star system in campaign mode? I found fuel, which allows to "hyperspace travel", but I don't know how. And one more question: character, officers and outpost tabs are not active. Is it okay?

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2012, 06:05:44 AM »

I'm sorry...but is there only one star system in campaign mode? I found fuel, which allows to "hyperspace travel", but I don't know how. And one more question: character, officers and outpost tabs are not active. Is it okay?
Yes, these are all features coming soon
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2012, 10:45:43 AM »

Anyone mind updating the OP to say HE damage does 200% versus armor?
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Sunday

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 01:42:06 PM »

I'm a semi-newbie, though I have been playing for a while, it's just been off and on.

My question is: what does fortress shield do, exactly? Why is it good? Just a stronger shield or something? I did some searches, but I can't really find out exactly why it's supposed to be good.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 01:43:57 PM »

Makes your shield 10-times more effiecient (for example, a shield with 1.0 effiecency takes 100% damage.  With fortress shield on, it take just 10% damage), and makes you vent SOFT flux much more quickly.  It also builds up constant HARD flux, which cannont be vented without lowering shields.

harrumph

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 03:17:08 AM »

Because of that soft-flux dissipation, the fortress shield allows the Paragon to stay in combat with shields up waaay longer than other big ships can. When a Conquest or Onslaught is firing all its weapons, it maxes out flux in a matter of seconds and has to drop shields. The Paragon, instead of dropping them, can switch them to fortress mode, wait for all the soft flux to dissipate, and then go back to regular shields and pound out a few more seconds of fire. You can repeat this several times in a fight; it allows the Paragon to absolutely crush other capital ships in one-on-one (or even one-on-two or one-on-three) combat.

DelicateTask

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2012, 11:44:08 AM »

This works especially well with the Autopulse Lasers. They charge up while you're fortress shield-ing, and then you can turn it off and give the enemy a facefull of pain.

Actually, I'd just say that the Autopulse lasers are the best thing you can put on your Paragon. Tachyon Lances do nothing to capital ships and shields, and the Plasma Cannons won't fire at high flux. Plus, the extra ordinance points allow you to add Expanded Magazines, increasing the number of shots fired from the Autopulse from 15 to 22! I've tried the Tachyon and Plasma weapons versus Onslaughts and barely survived, yet I can 1v1 one using Autopulses without a scratch.

Pepek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2012, 04:18:09 PM »

I have really newbie question... So when I'm buying the game I am going to get a key that is going to work each time I am re-installing system, changing computer and getting new update?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 04:57:33 PM »

Input the kep once, and it'll stay that way for the whole time you have the game.  New updates, reinstall, etc. no need to input it again.  If you're installing it on a new computer, then you need the key.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2012, 07:12:21 AM »

I have really newbie question... So when I'm buying the game I am going to get a key that is going to work each time I am re-installing system, changing computer and getting new update?

Itl work no matter what, so save it!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32